Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106692 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #930 on: July 15, 2009, 06:04:47 am »

Olon breathed into the (rare) glass window that his room sported. He had indeed taken into custody a lot of loot, most of which were jewels and a spot of gold here and there, in a nice pile of bags that the commander must have had his men loot on the side. He couldn't grab even a quarter of it, but it was enough to get fine booze (by human standards) nice rooms, and a new lute for a few songs. He was a bard after all, so he took it upon himself to start a tune or two every now and then, and its hard not to sing along to a jolly Dwarven tune.

So with so much gold, getting one of the best rooms in the establishment wasn't hard at all. Still it did almost nothing to better his temperment. He hadn't taken off most of his armour yet, and he still had both his axes settle in his belt. He was still contemplating busting down Kogan's door either now, ten minutes from now, or perhaps tomorrow, after breakfast.

Oh he would still bust down the door and beat the everloving sh-

Clank-crush-clash-CRASH!

WorkerDrone groaned as when he opened the door out of his room, a large pile of rocks and crates toppled ontop of him from above. He shoved everything off, looking around, cursing many a profanity.

"What the FU-"

A crate exploded open, propelling him back into his room.

All was quiet that night, as everyone settled into their beds, or perhaps partaking in one last round before heading upstairs, when-

"KOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 15, 2009, 06:17:01 am »

Inside the tavern. Olon is arguing with the bartender over the quality of the drink, currently he has grabbed the extremely large man by the nose ring, and is about to smash his face into the counter. Kogran is currently yelling at someone who he thinks to be his ancestor, but in fact was served a pint of a suspicious concoction that was a favorite of the bartender by complete accident. This potent drink was known to some as "Scrumble" and was known to others as "AHAHDHAHOOAHAHAH MY BRAIN!" He had moved on from yelling at the drunks, to having a fine debate about history with the wall. Limuel Thak was trying to tear apart his head, and was yelling at something he called Navi. Oldbeard couldn't care about what the rest were doing; as he was in the middle of a spectacularly long complaint about the booze.

"And tha's the er... what were it... oh right.... That thar is the thirty-twelf reason why this beer here is- You call this er' piss booze? TELL THAT TO THE BARSMASH -and that 's all there is ta' say about this acholohol! Say tha' reminds me o' a tale it do... it were twelve years, or wait... maybe it wa' fer when I wa' talkin' to- That's wat happened?! But you said the fortune was stolen by- -and his face were all over tha' wall! Tha's when I took me axe an- GET OUT OF MY HEAD GETOUTGETOUTGETOUT! -so I wer' forced to eat me own leg I were, but luckily I found another, and sewed it on all by meself I did!"
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 15, 2009, 06:48:18 am »

Drunken Oldbeard=Gold  ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 15, 2009, 06:51:21 am »

.... He wasn't drunk, just outraged at the quality of the alcohol.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 15, 2009, 07:43:32 am »

Really, who COULD get drunk off of this pitiful human made booze?

Its...ITS UNDWARVEN!

Well, literally.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 15, 2009, 07:57:39 am »

That's why we have to pay for the bartenders new face, as well as the new bar counter. Thanks a lot, Olon.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 15, 2009, 08:30:38 am »

Wasn't I the one who got us into this place in the first place?

Why are you louts complaining for? I'm the one spending the gold.

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 15, 2009, 08:42:08 am »

Because I'm an enormous twat, this is all I got.
No you're not.
Yes I am
No you're not.
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #938 on: July 15, 2009, 02:47:31 pm »

Hello, people of the internet. I have returned from my week in the west ofr Ireland, where they have just arrived in the neolithic era.

Needless to say; no interwebs could be found.

(Maybe an journal later.)
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 15, 2009, 09:29:19 pm »

"Dammit Oldd, just get over there and talk to him!"

Why the hell should I? I doubt he remembers me, considering I knew him on the one adventure o' his that went right!

"That's what I mean! He remembers everything, and you'd know that if you'd just go over there and say hello!"

No, boy, and ye can't change me mind!

"Maybe I can do it manually!"

Kogan punched Oldd as hard as he could, shattering his hand against his plate armor. It felt as hard as a brick wall.

Oldd gave a hearty chuckle. Ye've gotten stronger, boy, but ye'r no Ironblood yet. Come back in another 10 years 'r so, when ye've gotten another level 'r two in wrestling.

Kogan contemplated trying with his head this time, but was interrupted by Olon baying for blood upstairs. Of course, this gave him an ear-splitting headache, as all Dwarven bards had the voice of an old woman's nails on a stone grinder. He sat back down at the bar and ordered "Another pint of Scrumble!"

The entire bar paused to stare in bewilderment. The bartender nervously took out the glass, but reminded Kogan "But, sir, you've already had a pint before! You're the drunkest creature for miles!"

"If I can still hear the bastard yelling," shouted Kogan. "then I ain't drunk enough!"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 15, 2009, 09:33:27 pm »

As commander I must abstain from passing out, but getting drunk is a good idea. let's infiltrate their tavern and recruit sleeper agents all over town.

*facepalm* too much LCS.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 16, 2009, 01:21:37 am »

Whooooooo likes... gunpowder?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 16, 2009, 01:27:21 am »

Olon stormed down the stairs, grabbing the wall, swinging from a wooden beam, and letting go, jump tackling across the entire tavern floor, landing right on Kogan. A good old fashioned bar-room brawl ensues, dragging in pretty much EVERYONE.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 16, 2009, 01:28:55 am »

Outside the tavern

Oldbeard walked out into the cool night air. Looking around, he spied a sign. Walking over, he read it. Ah, just what he was looking for. He headed off in the direction of the market, his metal cylinder under his arm.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:34:01 am by Jackrabbit »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 16, 2009, 02:30:04 am »

Dear sweet gods! A short, bearded, somewhat senile ancient person with the secrets to a new kind of warfare? Oh dear.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 105