Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106450 times)

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The saga of the demon war
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2009, 07:05:47 pm »

This is a neat little thread; could I join?

Name: Limul Thak
Profession: Axedwarf and Miner
Limul Thak has always been an average miner, moving from outpost to outpost to keep a living. He's found recently that since the demon scare, he's had more luck as a mercenary than as a miner. Now he kills stuff, breaks stuff, and maims stuff with his family heirloom: a steel, two-sided axe with silver gilding and a golden lock embedded in the handle. Isn't that nice? 8)
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2009, 07:27:02 pm »

Indeed, it is very nice.  8)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2009, 07:39:15 pm »

The Journal of Bardbeard

The feeling I get when I kill those goblins... I can't describe it. All I know is that every goblin tower I storm, every limb I cut off, everytime I see the life drain from the bodies of these bastards I'm one step closer to avenging my father. If I have to kill every last goblin to get my chance then that's what i'm going to do. No matter where you hide I WILL find you and separate your head from your body.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile

Yea, a wrasseler named Labs who likes fishing and who loves birds.

Eh you guys are right, lame.
How bout a wrasseler named Labs who used to be a fisherdwarf but discovered a prowess for wrasselin when he would wrestle carp from the river with his BARE hands. When he saw troops moving through his hometown when he was 35 (quite young for a dwarf) he joined up with the platoon and he has been in the army ever since.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:56:55 pm by Labs »
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2009, 07:59:09 pm »

Barbarossa's Log

Today I got served a cupcake by a friendly dwarf named Paul. I don't know where he came from, but he says he's good at squeezing the life out of goblins with his arms like humans squeeze toothpaste out of a tube using their hands.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • Dammit John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2009, 08:44:12 pm »

Journal of "Quote" Soapmaker
I remember my younger days, my father always telling me "Be a dwarf! Pick up that sword and go kill some kobolds!" then I would reply "But Daddy, the kobolds did nothing, and they're so cute."  and when I told them that I was going to become a soapmaker my father became so furious that he said he'd throw me in the magma pipe! So I ran away until I was caught by the guards and given too a bunch of soldiers too "Remedy my rebellious ways." And now I'm stuck here, waiting until my sentence has been served, which seems like an eternity.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2009, 08:56:05 pm »

The tent of General Cog, commander of the dwarven army

“First off, Barbarossa” said Cog as he sat down “well done. It was a well executed plan in difficult cirdumstances and the only causality was one you could not have prevented. But, I have to asked, why did you decide to assault the marksgoblins alone? That was foolish” Barbarossa winced as he lowered himself into the chair. The dwarven doctor on hand had prescribed several years of bed rest, whilst the elven one had chided him for walking on it, which had apparently not helped and then provided him with a splint that should have him up and going within a few months. A fight had broken out between the two doctors and for the first time Barbarossa was glad to have elves on hand. He had never expected that would happen, ever.
“Sir, if I could explain?” he asked. Cog nodded “I was merely going to surprise the goblins, allowing the assault team to take them unawares. Otherwise we would have almost definitely lost someone coming up. They fired faster than expected. It was Quote who really saved the day, he did what I attempted to do, but did it right. I’m sorry sir.”
“Huh” grunted Cog “Well, you did well, so I can’t really reprimand you. You’ll be please to know, I think, that we have offered Quote a place as a speardwarf and he accepted, not that he had any choice. Now, on to business. Who do you recommend to command 11th royal swords? Purely in combat operations, I’ve never seen a dwarf go through rockwork faster than you and I don’t want to lose that.” Barbarossa hated rockwork. Engraving reports, stockpile levels, the amount of dwarves in the company and who was paid what, he had the knack but not the patience and eventually took to dictating everything to a master engraver. He decided not to mention this.
“Sir, I’ve gone through the li-” he was cut off.
“I’ve heard good things about Vilien” suggested Cog, who had a list on the table in front of him
“Sir, Vilien can be a good leader but he acts like his in a war story those humans write or a saga sung by one of our poets.”

For clarification, he’s the leader in a training exercise. They’re trying people out to see how good a leader they are.

“Well” said Cog “What about Bardbeard? His father was Bloodbeard you know” Barbarossa had discovered that the day before and was understandably shocked but hadn’t found the time to speak with him yet.
“Sir, Bardbead is an excellent soldier and an above average squad leader but he can’t command a full company. He isn’t ready for it.”

Bardbeard dislikes maps, its true. Sorry about the title, it was supposed to read Bardbeard, not Barbarossa

“And besides, he may become a bit irrational when faced with goblins thanks to his father’s death. You can’t have an irrational commander.”
“Yes, I see your point” said Cog “what about…” he looked down the list “Oldbeard?” Barbarossa just stared at him

Lets be honest, what did you expect?

“Yes, okay, sorry” said Cog. But commander, you need to find a leader within the week. We can’t have such a prestigious unit without a commander.” A goblin walked in. Barbarossa blanched and pulled out his crossbow.
“Barbarossa, stop!” commanded Cog “This is our spy, Gaust Greyson. He’s been providing Intel on goblin movements. He’s been beyond the border.” Barbarossa relaxed, slightly.
“Why does he have a dwarven name?” he asked. Gaust looked at him and spoke in a raspy and distinctly goblin voice.
“Elven magic did this. We skinned a goblin and they attached it to me. They have ways of learning a language magically. All I had to do was butcher an animal slowly and the godsdamned greenskins welcomed me with open arms. I can’t get close to the original demon opening though. Only the inner circle, their most prestigious warriors, can. I’m a worker, not a fighter.”
“And he is the basis for our next attack. We will be slowly converging on the goblin defences on the pass, to distract them from the digging we are doing through the mountain” explained Cog
“How is the digging going?” asked Barbarossa
“We have not started yet. Several goblin patrols are blocking the path. We need to clear them within the month. We have chosen the 2nd Royal spears as well as your group to do the job.” Barbarossa nodded. He would work on that right away.” He saluted and left the tent.

If you can tell where I got the idea of the whole leadership “faults” thing, you get a cookie.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2009, 09:03:26 pm »

John McCain?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2009, 09:05:48 pm »

It was a T.V. series.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2009, 09:08:41 pm »

It was a T.V. series.

Uhhg, I know this but I can't put my finger on it.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2009, 04:20:03 am »

The part with Oldbeard was just hilarious. Keep it up! Also, will gunpowder enter the setting at some point?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2009, 04:57:21 am »

Probably not but this story will be going for as long as I can make it and repeating crossbows will probably make an appearance. Probably

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2009, 05:20:05 am »

Contrary to popular belief, Oldbeard does believe that some things are better now, like crossbows for instance. You could never find one capable of taking out an eye an ear and an arm in a single shot when he was a lad. Another thing that he feels has improved is the sky, back when he was little there was no sky at all and let's not forget the elephants, whom he hates with an incredible passion that the young'uns just can't understand.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2009, 05:20:57 am »

That s something that has to make an appearance.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2009, 02:39:55 pm »

I am satisfied with the level of rudeness displayed by my character in this update. I would hope that verbal abuse will be the norm during this tale. Some of my favorite insults:

- *%&!^ #!&!%&#& !@&!@&%! @!&$&
- @!@ !@* !@$*!* !@@!$ !@* !#$!#% !%!@&%& !#$! !#%!@%
- !@$!@%!@%!@^!@#^!@$&!@*#@!*%@*!&^*

And so on and so forth.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 105