Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106700 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #840 on: June 29, 2009, 01:25:32 am »

Which Gods would these be?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 29, 2009, 01:54:01 am »

Armok, and the God Emperor of course.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #842 on: June 29, 2009, 02:50:52 am »

Davis Rockfist, who's womanish screams aroused my taste for blood? I remember that guy. The detailed combat discriptions are much better.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 29, 2009, 03:10:26 am »

I believe you mean Davis Rocker Fist. David Rockfist was the guy who used to rip out peoples spines, rip off their heads and play croquet with them.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:55:49 am by TheNewerMartianEmperor »
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #844 on: June 29, 2009, 05:23:27 am »

Right, right.
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 29, 2009, 05:28:38 am »

Yes, Davis Rockfist was a disgraced priest of Armok. He was... old fashioned, especially when it came to smiting unbelievers, of which he seemed to discover an astonishing amount. Apparently, there was a incident when he discovered one in his rum. He set the unbeliever on fire, as is proper, and is now know not only as Davis 'the bloody mad' Rockfist but Davis 'the bloody mad and short on eyebrows' Rockfist.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 29, 2009, 06:05:47 am »

Unsurprisingly, he and Oldbeard got along like a house on fire; which is to say that everything nearby got burned.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 29, 2009, 08:43:18 am »

Okay now your just making shit up as you go.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #848 on: June 29, 2009, 08:47:54 am »

Okay now your just making funny shit up as you go.
Fixed.
- T.S Eliot

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 29, 2009, 10:30:16 am »

Agreed. (I seem to start my posts with that a lot.) Glad to see such a large update, can't wait for the pictures. Gonna be epic.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 29, 2009, 12:36:47 pm »

I also am looking forward to seeing the pictures, including how Jackrabbit is able to contain the confusion of an entire battle scene.  But I'm sure he can do it.

I was also slightly confused, though.  Jackrabbit, could you tell me which side the dwarves were battling, and which side are they joining now? That is, unless the second one would be a spolier.
Anyway, I figure that the dwarves are only marginally less wasteful of metal than they are of wood. The moody dwarf's selecting only the best 5% of each bar of metal, and eats the rest to sustain him as he works on the artifact.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 29, 2009, 05:28:14 pm »

What happened is that the invading force didn't have any dwarves, (due to the speciest nature of their commander) and thus knew immediately that the dwarves behind them weren't on their side and henceforth represented a threat. The dwarves will be siding with the victorious besieged, because they have control over the resources of the region.

Also, I'll be dealing with the battle pics by focusing small pictures on specific combatants.

Okay now your just making shit up as you go.

Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 29, 2009, 05:47:33 pm »

and you're doing pretty well at it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 29, 2009, 11:43:52 pm »

Word.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 30, 2009, 01:46:22 am »

Three things need to be said about that update:
1. I loved the longer carnage-based combat scenes. Loved 'em. ;D
2. Your update wasn't entirely true to my journals.
3. I shall fix number two immediately, through the magical powers of the character journals!

Limul Thak's Journal

Okay, so a lot's happened since I last wrote stuff dow-
Be silent, mortal, before I rip the soul from your body.
Ah. He broke through again. Ist abath nikkazim hiram!
-n. Right. I should explain that. You see, it turns out that Navi knew about my little battle plan all along. I'm still not sure why, but-
You were the perfect opportunity for me to examine the ingenuity of the dwarven race. I would rather see you kill than lose what may be the last chance I ever get to witness such a stereotypical facet of your species.
Oh. Okay. Anyways, this also meant that I could leave the activation of the crystal to Navi himself, giving me more wiggle-room in the melee department. Of course, when I finally got to use this beautiful plan of mine, two things went wrong. Firstly,-
Firstly, I was stuck in your pocket. You hadn't thought ahead regarding a potential skirmish, and so had not prepared me for use.
-that thing happened. This stuck me in an awkward position: I had to waste precious time retrieving the crystal before I could use it. Secondly,-
Secondly,-
Shut it. This is the "Journal of LIMUL THAK", not NAVI. This is my time. Secondly, apparently the lich crystal's subconscious is blocking Navi's crystal's subconscious from being tapped for the lightning bolt, spray, or bullet. I have to use my own energy for this, because gathering the electricity for the attack needs energy too. I didn't know this at the time and nearly fainted before Navi gave me a quick pick-me-up.
And you are most welcome.
And now I should explain the colored words. Here goes: I was going insane as the lich crystal's subconsciousness was weakening me psychologically with memories that I soon stopped noticing were false. Eventually, Navi broke and came to my rescue. He now keeps my sanity by blocking the LC'sS with something he calls "preset rituals". In Navi's words, "verbatum", these are easily replicable patterns in the universe that create energy for a certain purpose, after the performance of which the energy is destroyed. Technically I think it's bullocks and he's just skimming my own energy off the top for it.
Oh, and to use these rituals I had to share my consciousness with him. Yes, that's right: I have an elf for a roommate in a single-room building that can't be left ever. It's my own worst nightmare.
No, your worst nightmare is losing your soul and body to an ancient predator of such massive proportions that to even comprehend its size and power is beyond any mortal, including myself.
Yet you keep him at bay so easily?
Firstly, it is not "him". It is "it". Immortals have no need for sexual reproduction and therefore lack any sexual organs to define characteristics such as gender. Secondly, you should feel lucky I knew a ritual this powerful. You could be a gibbering imbecile by now without it.
"Gibbering imbecile" might be a step up from the current standpoint. Oh, and nobody can know about this little magic trick of mine yet, so I'm telling the boys that I don't know how, but some dormant magic in the area reacted to my body odor. Any dwarf would be proud to wake magic up with their stink! Isn't that right, old lich-subconsciousnessy thing?
I shall feast on your mind-flesh!
Whatever, guy. Navi, get back to your thing. I need a drink. My whole life has gone philo-whatchamacallit on me...
Surely your meant phrase was to be "philosophical"?
... eh? I like mine better. My pap taught me it.

~LT

Bow down before the might of character journals! ;D
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 105