Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106391 times)

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The saga of the demon war
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2009, 07:13:24 am »

I have nothing to say except...Awesomeface.  ;D

Got my character just right!
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2009, 07:25:41 am »

An excerpt from Oldbeard's future autobiography: I've been in this army since forever. Back when I joined the goblins were still living in caves like kobolds and the kobolds didn't even have bronze! Oh, those were the days when the only people in our way were the elves, who are no challenge at all. Back then we had an empire, spanning the world led by none other then king Ironblood the first and greatest. In my opinion no other king will ever come close to his greatness!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2009, 07:47:44 am »

I'm shocked not one manly,drunken dwarf made comment about the fairy on the gauntlet.
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2009, 07:52:02 am »

They're dwarves, it wouldn't matter if it was an elf, as long as it was an artefact.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:00:16 am by Jackrabbit »

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2009, 07:55:06 am »

They're dwarves, it wouldn't matter if it was an elf, as long as it was an atefact.

Ha! Very true.
When I try to find an ASCII draw tool, I get bombarded with many different types.
Any reccommendations?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 07:58:51 am by GruffyBears »
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2009, 08:04:07 am »

Sure, here

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2009, 08:33:11 am »

Thanks.

I can't get the alt-6 thing working though.
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2009, 08:40:43 am »

You need to select the area, hold down alt and press 6

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2009, 09:16:47 am »

An excerpt from Kogan's journal...

I've fought in many a war in my 127 years, but nothing comes quite as close as today. I was there for the day the elves lost their use of magic. To see it returned in such a manner, and in the hands of goblins... 'tis a disturbing sight.

The 2nd performed well today, much better than I'd given them credit for. I pray to Armok that he uses their blood in the creation of the next generation of Dwarfen heroes. However, the stupidity of that Ryan is insufferable. There's some things that no Dwarf should have to go through, and Ryan went through almost the entire list today; I've sent word home suggesting sending the poor boy home. He's done his duty in this war, we can't rightfully ask for more.

And I finally met the elite sniper of our troop, Oldbeard. I have no idea who named him such a thing, but it seems to describe him well. I wonder if he's the same Oldbeard grampa Truebasements served with in the Subjugation of the Kobolds... but I digress. We've received reinforcements today, in the form of a gore squad, and a human with the fabled Dalithsarek in his posession. I'd heard stories of it since I was but a beardling, but I never thought I'd see it, let alone in the hands of such an unworthy individual.

I seem to have blathered on too much again. In the following days we shall see if that man can earn the right to use that great item.

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2009, 10:01:31 am »

You need to select the area, hold down alt and press 6

It's only giving me trees of the color I specify. What am I doing wrong?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2009, 10:04:13 am »

hehe...
I liked the river assualt, very nice with the "Saving Private Ryan" joke
keep up the good work!
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2009, 08:07:05 pm »

Hey, one month old today! I never expected to get even this far, thanks to all of you for your support!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2009, 09:43:26 pm »

And to celebrate...

The Outpost

It had been two weeks. They had the camp set up, had ample supplies and thanks to Thak, had storage areas and bedrooms. They had been told to wait for about a month until the miners showed up and until them there was nothing to do but kill time. Workerdrone and his company were going crazy. Well, crazier. They had been assigned to this group under the assumption that the goblins would not take the destruction of their troops and weapons (which the dwarves had rolled into the river) sitting down. But no attack had been forthcoming. They had food, provided by hunting parties led by Forrest, water and any true dwarf could distil booze from the various vegetation found around the area, with turnip vodka becoming increasingly popular, but they had nothing to do save cut down trees and trees were not flesh and blood creatures. Workerdrone was taking a break for some rest and booze, trying to imagine his axe biting into a goblin’s chest. He sighed happily.
Humaan was sparring with Vilien, still absolutely ecstatic over his two kills. He had finally proven himself! Now if only the bloody goblins would respond, so he could kill some more! The place had become boring. They had everything set up to the needs of the military, which wasn’t much. The military got by without much because they often had to. At the very least, sparring was always interesting. Walter made sure of that, as few dwarves had bested the behemoth, who knew how to use his size to his advantage. Tamunshin had though. The dwarf still inspired talk throughout the camp, with his prowess with a blade, not to mention the fact that no one had seen his eyes yet. The current rumour was that they were blood red.

(Walter is out hunting)

Resting under a tree was Barbarossa, conversing with Kogan.
“Truebasements” began Barbarossa “now that’s a name that carries weight”
“Aye” said Kogan “and it’s my intention to see it restored to its full majesty”
“I’ve not heard the stories” said Barbarossa “well, when I say I’ve not heard the stories, I’ve only heard rumour. You’re the last of line and you'd know best. What happened?”
Kogan sighed and began.
It had been centuries ago, when the Truebasments line had been once again at lacklustre strength. Kogan’s ancestor, Kol Truebasments, had taken charge of a secluded fortress in a mineral rich area. It had escaped attention from nobility simply because it was regarded as a high risk post and this was a time of equality, when dwarves with the money to start an expedition owned the land and had no need to share with the rest of the world. But the goblins had no such qualms. They had come, bringing trolls and beakdogs, bringing swords and crossbows, bringing death. This fortress was renowned as an obscenely rich one, with gold veins found throughout the mountain, with plenty more waiting to be discovered. As Kol looked out at the large force of goblins, he knew that his lacklustre military could not hope to withstand the onslaught.

(I you guess who won, you win a slap for actually having to guess in the first place)

He sealed his gold, the Truebasments fortune, beneath the earth, behind two enormous steel doors, that would open only for the blood of a Truebasment. He gripped his golden axe and charged into the fray. It was only after the goblins had burned the bodies that they learned of the blood needed to open the doors to the treasure. A manhunt began within goblin society that lasted for centuries. Find a Truebasment… and gain riches beyond imagination.
And so it came to be that Kogan stood outside the halls of his ancestors, in front of the fortress that he had searched for so long. The bones of the battle fought so long ago littered the grounds as he made his way into the fortress.

(Can plants beat stone after centuries of struggle? Jamie and Adam will blow things up unnecessarily to find out)

After traversing the husk of what was once a grand fortress he came to the steel doors of legend… already open… and the vault was empty save one gold coin. Kogan quickly made a cursory check of the area and discovered something from his nightmares. His sister… her throat cut and bled dry. His sister. Those bastards! Those goblins had killed his sister and taken his fortune! He picked up the coin and squeezed it. They would pay. They would all pay.

(Insult to injury! Oh goblins, you so wacky)

“And that could be what funded their war efforts” finished Kogan “it has haunted me for years”
“No, Kogan” said Barbarossa, shocked “the goblins do not fight for money. It did not fund this war. It was not your fault.”
Kogan nodded, still unhappy. He looked up, at the bustling activity in the camp.
“Yes… But I swore then that those goblins will burn for what they did. And yet out King has us out here, digging through the mountain. A foolish man”
Barbarossa paid him no heed. The dwarf was obviously upset.

The Goblins main camp

Gaust was beyond worried now. There had to be over three thousand goblins here and this was only one part of the camp. They had been turning up over the course of the week and he had even seen a few trolls! This had to be a preparation for a massive attack, he needed to get the word out as soon as possible but he was stuck in this crowd, waiting for an announcement. The announcer burst out through the doors and stood over the hoard of goblins.
“The time has come!” he roared, causing a massive stir in the crowd “in a months time, we shall be drinking the blood of the dwarves on a mound of corpses! They shall fall and their world shall burn!”
The goblins screamed their agreement. Gaust was, for once, too shocked to do anything. They were going to attack. They were going to attack. Why? Surely they did not have the numbers, unless he had been sorely mistaken in his efforts. Evidently he had been. He looked about him and all he saw was a sea of goblins. This was horrible. They weren’t prepared for this, how could they be? The announcer was calling for quiet.
“You may be wondering just how we plan to pull this off! Well, I present to you, our masters!”
No… Demon after demon after demon was pouring through the door. Spirits of pure fire were flying above the crowd whilst white things with many, many limbs were clambering out, to stand in front of the sea of goblins, who were all terrified and excited beyond belief at the same time. He had to get out, to get word out, warn them! He had to warn the king!
“So rest well, you scum, because tomorrow!” the announcer paused for dramatic effect “we march on the world!”
The goblins roared agreement and began to disband, as the demons moved around seemingly aimlessly. Gaust ran to his hut and began writing feverishly. After fifteen minutes, he had finished. He tied the message to the leg of his pigeon, a bird he had trained from birth who he trusted completely and sent it on its way.
“Gods speed” he whispered “Gods speed”

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:47:30 pm by Jackrabbit »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2009, 09:49:48 pm »

That's ironic. Besides the blood-key vault, that's pretty much exactly how the Truebasements fort ended. Except there were orcs. So many orcs....
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2009, 11:17:58 pm »

I've been trying to think of an intermission joke but it's kinda hard  :( Strange because writing this story is really easy and fun. If anyone has any jokes they want me to do, PM me. I can't guarantee that I'll do it but if I do I'll be sure to thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 105