Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106454 times)

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #1500 on: November 29, 2009, 04:01:56 pm »

Page 22 so far, WorkerDrone tries to make his character too much of an overwheening badass. Have you killed him off yet? In fact, I hope you kill several characters. Someone must die! What, do you want to live forever?

...harharhar.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 30, 2009, 12:11:33 am »

Thinking about it, a portion of this thread was back when...that place...was still around.

So yeah lots of dickery on my part.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 30, 2009, 01:08:22 am »

I'm terrible at killing off characters. Reeeeealy terrible.

I didn't get to visit the techs today, and as such I don't have my laptop. Expect Wednesday, because they said Monday.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 04, 2009, 08:47:10 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

"This is the first time I have possessed the dwarf's body. It is rather... strange. For his own sake, I shall keep my writings in dialogue format, so as to keep his rather... inferior brain from being deceived.
"I have had dreams. I do not know the reason for these phenomena, as I have no consciousness anymore: I am merely in existence. My dreams are of my old "life", of my times as a mortal (provided my crystal survives, I am more than likely to continue onward through the toils of existence for infinity). I was a gem enchanter.
"Certainly the Dwarves are masters of cutting the fine jewels they pry from the Mother Earth. However, they have no control over magic, and therefore are unable to imprint any mysticisms into their crafts. I was skilled such that I could give my clients whatever they desired: this ranged from flaming weaponry (I learned rather quickly that the hilt cannot contain such an enchantment, for it does not project the flames to the proper location, and many an early client lost their hands and arms to my folly) to teleportation pendants to... the "TCD". I knew they would cause issues eventually, but the influx of currency from such an endeavor was far too great to resist! I should have known that the energy inherent would attempt to attract related souls... which brings me to my point.
"Limul Thak, there may be... other souls in other TCDs in other places. I will know them when I see them, but I have no fathoming of what they may be like. They could be fellow dwarves lost in the past conflicts, in which case they would surely have gone maleficently mad from the constant exposure to magic, which we Elves know for a fact is a poison for your kind. I hope that we will not be placed in such circumstances, but there is no way of knowing until it has happened.
"You must be ready for those possible encounters, but as a Dwarf you cannot protect yourself, and I am afraid that the ill wills of the insane could be too much for me. As of now, I can only help you by asking you to meditate on the possibility of the abominations we may see. It may help you to avoid the shock that the insane could use to overwhelm your senses upon meeting them.
"Take this into consideration, and do not be angry with me for betraying you like this. I am only trying to help without your constant nagging which I know would hinder my efforts. You may awaken now."

What-- wha-- hmm... I didn't know I could write in cursive...
WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THIS!?

~LT
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 05, 2009, 01:17:18 am »

Navi is still a retarded blue goose though.

Intellectual elf soul in a gem or not.

Reaper though?

We cool.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 05, 2009, 01:20:53 am »

Half drunk Scottish poser axe.

But he could rip the face off whoever called him that, so they better be cool.

Also, UPDATE BEFORE NEXT FRIDAY THANK GOD.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #1506 on: December 06, 2009, 03:20:15 pm »

We'd better be careful about too many inventions, now... we wouldn't want a steampunk roleplay, now would we? >:(
Well, I'm sure Armok wouldn't, and that's good enough in my book. :-X

Alright.

As Walter stepped out of the tavern, a strong wind came about, hurling his own ideas and the journal of Leonardo into the wind.
"Darn." he said.
He stood their for a few minutes.
Then shivered. "It's awful cold."  he stated, "I think I'll head back inside." So he did.

Happy?
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 07, 2009, 06:20:17 pm »

Navi is still a retarded blue goose though.

Intellectual elf soul in a gem or not.

Reaper though?

We cool.

You've no idea how wonderful it feels to see that my vision of Navi has caught on. Brings a tear to my eye  :'(
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 08, 2009, 12:29:17 am »

I'm pretty sure Barbarossa immediately agreed with you about that.

Even made a hilarious image with Navi sticking outta Limul's forehead.

Hilarious.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 10, 2009, 09:50:17 pm »

Scant hours later

“It’s been hours,” moaned Urist. He, Kain and Humaan gathered around a campfire, one of about seven. Night had fallen and despite it being spring, or indeed perhaps because of it, it was cold enough to invoke the old Dwarvish saying of, “fuck its cold”. Dwarves are not known for there clever wordplay.
“I know, okay?” said Humaan. Urist had been going on along these lines for what must have been three quarters of an hour and his patience was starting to wear thin. Where were they though? They were less than a few days travel to their destination, if the weather held out, and they needed to get moving. He looked over at Kain, who was rolling his eyes at nothing in particular. He supposed he’d given up rolling his eyes at Urist quite some time ago. Or maybe he was just rolling his eyes for the hell of it. It was hard to tell.
“What’s the plan, anyway?” asked Urist, suddenly. Humaan started. It was a good question, one he didn’t have the answer to. Why were they going to this port? Word had gotten around that two large armies were on the move, heading in this direction, but what the hell sort of excuse was that to go? They were going to get sandwiched between two opposing forces, a meagre pâté between two slices of thick bread. He didn’t like it.
And what the hell was pâté anyway? He couldn’t recall ever having heard the word before. Another troubling development.
Urist watched Humaan mutter to himself for a while, disconcerted, and then repeated his question. Humaan started once more and looked up at him.
“I don’t know,” he said. “It’s something we’ll need to discuss when they get back.”
“With or without Kogan?” asked Kain.
“It doesn’t matter. With or without him, we’ve been dicking around on this continent long enough to garner at least a bit of attention, and we need to figure out how to put it to use.”
“I guess,” said Kain. “I’m not sure how much respect we’ve gather, overall. I don’t think people would care about us if we weren’t almost all Dwarves.”
“Well we’ve got to do something,” said Humaan. “It’s why we’re out here.”
“I know,” replied Kain. “And I’m sure we will. I just can’t think what.”
Ryan walked up behind them. “Tagged another deer,” he said, conversationally, as he sat down. “It’ll be ready soon.”
“Well, we won’t starve,” said Urist. “Hey, have you seen the others? They back yet?” Both Humaan and Kain groaned, then looked dumbstruck as Ryan said “Yes. They just got back”.
“When?” asked Urist.
“’Bout ten minutes ago.”
“Okay then,” said Humaan, standing up. “Let’s go.”

Kogan was still slightly dizzy from the ordeal, but there was no doubt that the axe was a masterpiece. He could feel the energy flowing through him as he grasped it, and, though it did not say anything, nor seem to have anything resembling dwarven intelligence, there was something there, intelligent, animal. Overall, he was quite pleased. Workerdrone was discussing with Barbarossa and Bardbeard what exactly happened in there, but all they could agree on was it was bad, but not their biggest priority right now. Humaan walked into light of the fire.
“How’d it go?” he asked.
“Well,” replied Kogan distractedly, turning the axe over and over.
“Something troubling happened,” said Barbarossa. “We’ve got an indication it stems from a Dark God, and why they’d want to help us is beyond me. We thought maybe Workerdrone might have an idea, having died once before –“
“I still don’t think I did,” interrupted Workerdrone. “I just blacked out and woke up later. Nothing else.”
“And so nothing,” finished Barbarossa. “But right now it’s a moot point. We need to get to this port as quickly as possible.”
“But why?” asked Humaan. “Doesn’t the Warlord hold a grudge against us?”
“Yes,” said Barbarossa. “But I feel he’ll have forgotten. Regardless, Bromrek has told us that at least one of the armies has a hefty amount of dwarven shock troops. We can sneak in, and if we sneak in, we make it back to our homeland. Remember? They’re probably going to launch an attack on the mainland, and I want to be there when they do. We could be able to find a way to end this, once and for all.”
“But, then they’d be in control of our homeland. We can’t let –“ began Humaan, before Barbarossa grabbed him.
Listen to me. Everyone we know back there is dead. Our race is now endangered, so I’m willing to let a different bunch of human asshole move in if it means that the Goblins don’t win.” Relaxing a little, he let go of Humaan. “And we’ll kill the Warlord afterwards, just to make sure.”
Humaan was shaken, but nodded.
“Okay then. We’ll move out tomorrow. Feel free to get off your face tonight, tell the lads that, but remind the Humans that they’ll have to deal with their ‘hangovers’.”
Humaan nodded, still slightly off centre. He moved off.
“That was a bit harsh,” said Vilien. Barbarossa chuckled.
“You’re one to talk. I mean it though. We’re taking back out homeland even if it means a century of guerrilla warfare.”
“Don’t say that,” said Vilien. “You know how things seem to work around here. We’ll be stuck hiding in the jungle with stupid facepaint for 200 years if you say that.”
Barbarossa grinned.
Sitting under a tree, just out of the firelight, Tamunshin stared at nothing.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 10, 2009, 11:18:46 pm »

Back in the tent, WorkerDrone heard simply one all consuming voice shudder in his ears, though that might have just been his brain getting pushed towards his eardrums.

What about meeeeee! Get back here you oaf!

"Hate. HATE."

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 11, 2009, 02:44:53 pm »

Yay, Update!
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 11, 2009, 05:06:10 pm »

Let's end this.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 11, 2009, 05:12:55 pm »

It will never end.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 11, 2009, 05:52:34 pm »

Diary of Bomrek
I don't like the new axe. There is something... wrong about it. I wish Dragon was here because she knows about this stuff, what with her spellcraft training. Armok how I miss that Elf. The only nice one in the whole world. I'm sure she is in these lands.
Bomrek Bloodaxe
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 105