Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106498 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #1395 on: October 20, 2009, 11:32:17 pm »

Ortho Clause was a mythical messenger for the Gods that manifested once a year to give gifts, or used to. He was all but a myth for the children now. Always getting caught in traps. In all honesty, he was probably stuck forgotten in some cage trap somewhere.

Sigd like nothin' else.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 20, 2009, 11:33:22 pm »

I'd like to thank Kagus for that wonderful idea.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 20, 2009, 11:45:38 pm »

Crap! Emo dwarf needs a pencil!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 21, 2009, 08:20:32 am »

Figures that's the one item that you cannot get in DF. Honestly, I'd never have thought I'd laugh this hard at the potential doom of my own dwarf. Ortho Clause was indeed sig-worthy. Shame I was beaten to it.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 21, 2009, 04:20:00 pm »

Nice update. ;D
All I can say is that Kogan's poetry (from what we've seen of him) would be the fourth-worst in the universe.
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 21, 2009, 04:59:12 pm »

WorkerDrone didn't appear in this update because apparently he isn't very important unless there's something that needed to be killed.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 21, 2009, 05:58:35 pm »

I planned for him and Kogan to be having a pissing contest over in the corner but that didn't make it in for obvious reasons.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 23, 2009, 03:07:48 pm »

I could have seen this happening, then:
"Listen; have you written any *bleep*ed-up poetry?"
"No."
He sighed with relief.
"I couldn't find any snow."

:P
This game is so strange.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 26, 2009, 08:24:10 pm »

...Gryffindor.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 27, 2009, 02:39:38 pm »

Hufflepuff?

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 27, 2009, 07:04:16 pm »

SPARTAAAAAAAAA!!!  >:(
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 28, 2009, 02:22:39 am »

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, IT'S COMING, JEEZ.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 28, 2009, 02:46:09 am »

Good.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 28, 2009, 02:26:27 pm »

Goooooooooooooood... 8)
This game is so strange.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 30, 2009, 04:11:06 pm »

Wow. Sorry, seriously. But still, I'm looking forward to the EPIC COMBAT SEQUENCES that will ensue.

Large township

An iron shod hoof stabbed down into the corpses head, bursting it. The collum wasn’t prepared, wasn’t stable and wasn’t strong enough to take it. The ragged group of men broke, their spears, axes and swords dropping from their fingers as they attempted to flee.

They were caught in the sweeping advance of the cavalry and cut down to a man. The slaughter brought the cavalry into contact with the tertiary defence force, a wall of spears blocking off the last part of town the enemy controlled. Their sheer momentum, and the enemy’s reluctance to engage, caused them to cannon through the lines and tear the enemy to shreds. The cheers of the victorious drowned out the cries of the wounded.

The Warlord was cutting a bloody swath through the country. Men and land fell like grain before the scythe. He was the reaper and none could escape him.

Hm. Poetic, bordering on pretentious. He should write that down.

It was a wonder he had got this far. Mercenaries don’t exactly interact well, considering their job is being paid to kill one another and no one had mustered a force this side for longer than a few days before. But then, they didn’t have the sort of power that he had been granted.
“Well done my lord. Yet more fall before us.”
And the connections he had. That helped too. Behind him stood twelve… men? He never saw their faces. They just arrived one day and swore loyalty to him and the dark Gods. They were forever shrouded in their cloaks, cloaks of dirty red. He didn’t know what they did when he wasn’t around, but he occasionally he could hear screaming. He didn’t like these people. For one, they wouldn’t give him their names, simply calling themselves ‘the deliverers’ but when they weren’t around he referred to them as ‘those pretentious assholes’. Still, they provided something invaluable. Magic, and fear. It was them and them only that kept this army on the warpath and he appreciated it despite his deep dislike of them.
“Thank you. We continue our advance. We move towards the port to the east and we take it. From there, we can launch attacks all along the east coast.”
"Warning."
The monstrosity had appeared over his shoulder. Behind him, the cult had dropped to their knees and begun chanting.
"Warning. A force of unusual size massing in the north and northeast. They appear to be marching to intercept us."
“What? How big?”
"Enough to be a serious threat"
“Ah.” The Warlord paused for thought and behind him, on his vantage point on the hill, a man came running towards him, sword in hand, screaming.
“You bastard! You bastard!
He paused, raised the sword over his head, and charged. One of the cultists stood up and knocked him to the ground. The others fell on him.
The screaming continued for quite some time. After it had finished, the Warlord turned. He had made his decision.
“We continue to the port and then meet this army. If it hasn’t disintegrated “
The monstrosity made what looked like a nod and disappeared.

Unknown. Travel time: 1 and a half weeks

So far, they had obtained steel, wood and bones. Kogan had taken them and would not be more than ten feet at any time He had also taken to writing incomprehensible messages with the blood of animals, and doing odd things to cooked meat. Most people kept away from him.
“Where the hell are we going to get Adamantine?” asked Vilien.
“I… have no idea,” replied Kain, “but we need to find some really soon.”
“This will end badly,” muttered Vilien, darkly.
“Always seems to,” replied Kain. “I’m just going to keep away from him.”
“And this army we keep hearing about?” asked Vilien.
“What? I hope we don’t keep away from that. It sounds like fun,” replied Kain.
“Dwarf after my own heart,” said Workerdrone. “Anyway, I hope Kogan pulls through.”
The others stared.
“What? I want to kill him myself.”
“Fat chance,” mumbled Kogan, then returned to carving skulls into a tree with a sharpened bone. Some things went beyond mere genetics and metaphysical compulsion. Way beyond.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 04:16:53 pm by Jackrabbit »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 105