Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106599 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #1155 on: August 16, 2009, 11:50:39 pm »

It can't, I don't think.

Anyway, my crap is coming together nicely, expect an update before the middle of the week.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 19, 2009, 11:41:24 am »

*Notices it's the middle of the week*
*Notices there hasn't been an update*
*Notices strange asterisks marking all of his sentences*
*Goes on a drinking binge to forget the asterisks*
*The asterisks prevail*

:D
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 19, 2009, 03:22:09 pm »

Fear not. Stuff took preference but, I'm writing right now.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 19, 2009, 04:11:09 pm »

Happy times.  ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 19, 2009, 05:41:03 pm »

Heh. Two hour long post?

Damn. He must be backspacing like crazy.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 19, 2009, 05:41:41 pm »

I have other thing to take up my time. College for example. Tonight, my friends!

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 20, 2009, 09:30:00 pm »

*Notices it is "tonight"*
*Notices no update*
*Notices the asterisks*
*Writes a quick note*
*Kills self*
*Discovers that asterisks exceed death*

Sorry, I couldn't resist. The asterisks... they call to me... :O
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 20, 2009, 09:49:54 pm »

I won't insult you with a phony excuse. I don't have one.

Still, it's Friday and I have nothing to do. I think I can handle a bit of writing.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 21, 2009, 01:06:47 am »

Looks shiftily around the thread.

Slams down an oversized stamp, covering most of the post.

HIATUS

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 21, 2009, 05:12:43 am »

Wow, so I went away for two weeks and didn't miss anything? I don't know if I should be happy or not.
Anyway, except maybe tomorrow - see you in two weeks :)
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 22, 2009, 12:49:36 am »

If you want a job done as professionally and thoroughly as possible, for the love of God don't hire Oldbeard.

The Warlords Throne Room

Barbarossa threw open the double doors to the Throne Room. Well, to say he threw them open was inaccurate. Due to complicated things like size and weight, to achieve the desired effect he had to shoulder his was through with some force. But it was still impressive, overall. The Warlord, who was leaning in his throne with a rather bored expression, stood up. He was tall. In fact, he was enormous. He towered above the bodyguards next to him, evil looking men carrying evil look swords, wearing evil looking armor. He looked at the dwarves with cold blue eyes, framed by his white hair and beard.  Pausing for a minute, he shook himself, smiled and clapped his hands.
   “So good of you to join us!” he exclaimed in a deep, commanding voice. “I was getting worried! What took you so long? I trust my messenger met you?”
   “Uh,” said Barbarossa. “No, no he didn’t, we heard word on the street you were looking for us.”
   “Oh,” said the Warlord, looking slightly confused. “I hope he’s alright. I’ve gone through rather a lot of messengers.”
   Several miles away, the pool of blood surrounding the mugged messenger continued to grow.
   “Regardless, I was told you’re the best for a job of this kind,” continued the man. “I don’t suppose you hear what the job was supposed to be?”
   “Yes,” said Workerdrone. “You want us to kill a dragon.”
   “Foolish,” muttered Kogan.
   “More challenging than most fights we’ve been in,” Workerdrone shot back.
   “Well? Will you take the job?” asked the Warlord. “I have here…” he motioned to the right and a man came in with a sack. “5000 gold.” The man dumped the sack on a bench at the bottom of the steps to the throne. Barbarossa’s mouth dropped open.
   “I think we can handle it,” he managed.
   “Lovely!” roared the Warlord. “My man here can fill you in on the details. I’ll expect you back here with an engaging tale of success! Farewell!”
   The dwarves left, bemused. Behind the throne, invisible, a being with a face that couldn’t do anything but grin chuckled.

The Godly Swords

“So,” said the man, impatiently. “What can you do with it?”
   The other man was turning the gun over and over in his hands, lit by the glow of the forge.
   “I can make a crude copy, now I have a basic idea of how it works, but with this here now I could probably copy it exactly.”
   “Really?” said the man, excitedly. “That’s fantastic!”
   “It is, but some of these parts will require work,” said the blacksmith. “You’re lucky I’m so talented.” He turned and looked at the other man pointedly. “and that you’re paying me so much.”
   The other man looked ready to retort, but was prevented from doing so by the door in the next room suddenly exploding inwards and shattering on the opposite wall. Confused cries echoed around the building, drowned out by a roar that sounded like it came from the depths of Hell. More specifically, the part of Hell that made you have dinner with your grandparents over and over again.
   “Where the hell is my gun?”
   Storming into the room through the dust and debris came a short, old dwarf loading a bolt into a crossbow. Behind him came another dwarf. The man looked at it quizzically. He must be seeing things, it looked like there was something hanging off it’s leg.
   “Get him offa me, Armok damn it!” yelled Forrest, before turning and shooting a guard running towards him in the shoulder. The man fell backwards with a roar and hit the floor, writhing in pain. CrazyFace was hugging Forrest’s leg and didn’t seem to be about to let go. Behind him, having trouble holding his sword because he was laughing so hard, came Humaan. He quickly stopped after another assailant came down the stairs and nearly took his head off. He quickly ducked under the swing and cut up into the man, killing him nearly instantly. Forrest, always quick with a bow, reloaded and took down a man coming down the stairs, his aim slightly off due to CrazyFace, who was now licking him. The shot still managed to kill the man, causing him to tumble to the bottom and end up in a heap.
Oldbeard strode in, insofar as a dwarf can stride anywhere, and elbowed one of the men on one side of the door in a place that quickly became the centre of a little mini-universe of pain. Grabbing the gun out of fingers rushing to cradle bruised manhood, he turned and used the butt of it to knock the other man to the ground, before breaking his nose. As both men writhed in pain on the ground, Oldbeard turned and left, surveying the now gloomy chaos in the main room.
   “Well done lads,” he said. “Off we go.”
   A man rushed out of the gloom. Oldbeard raised the gun and blew off his head. He looked at it, pleased.
   “I did reload, and they haven’t messed with the firing system. Always plan ahead lads! Crazywhatzermaggiger, get off him, there’s a good rocknut job.”
   And with that, he turned and walked outside, his heart singing.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 22, 2009, 12:57:34 am »

Excellent!
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 22, 2009, 01:06:51 am »

Quickly wipes away the big fat stamp marking.

Glad to have you back Jacky.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #1168 on: August 22, 2009, 08:48:03 am »

I also enjoyed this story.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 22, 2009, 09:30:06 am »

Indeed. One word can sum up Kogan's opinion on everything we've done to date: "Foolish".
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 105