Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106625 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #1080 on: August 01, 2009, 03:34:44 am »

Remember Drone, Oldbeard is a selfish bastard at his core, like all dwarfs. When he gets it back, he isn't going to share.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 01, 2009, 04:07:04 am »

That's alright. We're still stealing your blueprints. And its not as if were giving them away for free, we're gonna make big bucks on this stuff. That and we could follow through like this if you really gave it some thought.

Opposing faction cares not for Dwarves. We supply novel ideas and expand on them into actual weapons, and run guns for the sides that like us. The sides that like us hit back at the side that doesn't have gun runners and a strong popularity with Dwarven folk like us, as everyone knows that Dwarven Smiths, and thus Dwarven Gunsmiths, will always be better than Humans. Its just fantasy rule, even DF follows through with THAT.

Thus, the people that like us, gain power, we gain popularity, we gain power, we bring the fight back to the mainland, than we bring the fight back to the north.

Revenge. That is our goal. Its the only goal we possibly have, and its the only way most of us can reasonably accomplish our own personal goals. Kogan wants to reclaim his ancestral home. Olon wants a great fight, and the demons and their horde of greenskins will provide it. Barbarossa is a patriot, he's bound to want to go back and see if anyone in the Nation survived, even if just a few outposts. Dwarves are hardy folk, they can dig in anywhere they want, and it'd be impossible to get to them unless they came out. They can even grow food in the depths of their forts. Theres Dwarves left, I'll bet.

And what of the others? Life on Othtar Noloc is a bigoted warlord infested rathole with dank and fetid waters, with enslaved or a few protected reservations of Dwarven folk that need to be freed.

Face it, we're their only hope. And maybe these humans aren't all bad. Maybe.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 01, 2009, 07:28:56 am »

But what would Oldbeard's goal be? He's seen damn-near anything that can be seen and done as much. Maybe his goal is to see something that legitimately impresses him.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 01, 2009, 08:27:44 am »

Fighting a HORDE OF LITERALLY NIGH INVINCIBLE DEMONS AND A HUGE ARMY OF GOBLINS, FREEING OPPRESSED DWARVES AND MAKING AN ENTIRE CONTINENT NEVER SEEN BEFORE STABLE, CREATING THE MOST POWERFUL CONVENTIONAL WEAPON IN THE LAST COUPLE THOUSAND YEARS, AND OF COURSE REBUILDING AN ENTIRE KINGDOM ISN'T SOMETHING NEW?

Though with the way this plots going, if you say no, I might have to agree with you.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 01, 2009, 08:35:18 am »

Not for him. Also, a balista is a hell of a lot more powerful then his gun.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 01, 2009, 08:39:38 am »

In DF. Those contraptions were actually useless unless mounted on a battlement. Onagers and Trebuchets have more practical military history than those.

And don't get me started on the possibilities of a cannonade. Something to counter those magic fire throwers the goblins have, amirite?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 01, 2009, 05:20:24 pm »

Cannonade probably won't happen. Not to spoil any plot points, but neither will stabilizing the continent (though the story is liable to change).

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 01, 2009, 05:49:27 pm »

Seriously? Because I'm sorta still hoping for counter cannonades, at least when we get back to the Mainland and contend with those fire shooters. Dwarven Engineering is quite insanely awesome.

Or awesomely insane.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 02, 2009, 03:59:40 pm »

We're rather likely to destabilize the continent at this point, or perhaps the demons will invade here?

And WorkerDrone, it's just insane. As I previously said, giving Dwarfs nuclear weapons is the worst idea ever.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 03, 2009, 10:56:20 am »

Is this the part where everyone tells WorkerDrone to shut up and we get on with the story?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 03, 2009, 11:34:13 am »

Is this the part where everyone tells WorkerDrone to shut up and we get on with the story?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 03, 2009, 03:18:56 pm »

Hey guys, I got back a week early! I'm bummed and happy about it... :-\

Limul Thak's Journal

So, I'm drowning in some new human drink known as "scrumble". The innkeeper tried his best to keep me sober, but my fist had other intentions. All I know is that two scrumbles are near-fatal for a human, but basically a twelve-pack for dwarves; I'm on my tenth, and I'm going strong!

"Pleash shtop, myy head ish shpinning... myyyyyyyy oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..."

Err, apparently Navi's a teetotaler...

Oh, bugger it.

So, I'm going to be sitting around in the bar for the night, unless somebody picks me up. Just saying... oh, and Bomrek and Tamunshin are here too! Say hi, guys!
Okay, they're in the same boat I am, but they're less... coherent. Bleh, that's it for me writing... I'm about to get so wasted I won't care about anything!
"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww... why'youuuuuuuuuuuuuu gotta be that way, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan?"

~LT

Not my best, but a good way to come back, eh? 8)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:36:47 pm by Limul Thak »
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 03, 2009, 06:11:15 pm »

You know what, how about I NOT post here and contribute to the thread.

Have a freaking great time.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 03, 2009, 07:01:05 pm »

Dammit, guys, you pissed off the angry guy!

How the fuck do you manage to piss off a guy that's already pissed off constantly?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 03, 2009, 07:11:04 pm »

Who will be angry at Kogan now?! who will rise up to the challenge and stop this madness? WHO?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 105