Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106644 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #1065 on: July 31, 2009, 02:55:37 am »

Poor widdle Olon. However, you should know that if he hadn't surprised you, the fight would have been tipped in your favor.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 31, 2009, 03:18:22 am »

I shall destroy them. If they have a gun, we have no recourse, but to resort to atomic weaponry.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 31, 2009, 05:10:51 am »

Please.

No. By the gods.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 31, 2009, 07:33:46 am »

Giving dwarfs atomic weapons is, by far, the worst idea ever conceived in the history of mankind.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 31, 2009, 07:58:00 am »

Which is why it is inevitable, sadly. But they took his gun and there is only one way to make sure they never use it.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 31, 2009, 10:16:45 pm »

How's the next update coming along?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 31, 2009, 10:24:01 pm »

Slowly. I've got this goddamned terrible cough/chest infection. Sorry.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 31, 2009, 10:26:15 pm »

I hope you get well quickly. It sucks to be sick.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 31, 2009, 10:55:45 pm »

I know where this is going.

All of this was just a cheap excuse to give everyone gunpowder weapons. Or worse, give the bad guys gunpowder weapons.

Cheap. That's alright, Oldbeard can just make better ones for the good guys. Seriously.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 31, 2009, 11:01:02 pm »

Cheap? How so?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 01, 2009, 12:08:24 am »

He HUGGED Oldbeard and stole the clunky, oversized pistol from his pants without him even noticing?

Also, its pretty predictable that the new awesome weapon IMMEDIATELY gets stolen so it can be mass-replicated and used to conquer everyone, because its such an ORIGINAL PLOT POINT.

DURHURHUR.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 01, 2009, 12:27:39 am »

Well, you are sort of right but the pistol is neither clunky nor oversized, as it had been around for decades before the fall and as such they had time to refine it, but if you're thinking it's going to be mass replicated, you're only half right. As for predictability, I are dumb when it comes to originality. Doyhoyhoy.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 01, 2009, 12:49:14 am »

Jack, your broker is in the Custom Avatards thread.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 01, 2009, 12:53:03 am »

Thanks. It's awesome. I love Max too much to change, but I'll be keeping that one.

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 01, 2009, 01:27:01 am »

I have a confession. Apart from Fil and CrazyFace, I've forgotten the other two applicants and can't seem to find there applications. Could they repost them?

Sorry, I have been quite busy recently so I have not been capable of posting.  I also could not find my application post, but I copied it over from my profile:

------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, Jackrabbit-After reading these 53 epic thread pages over the past few days, I would like to commend you (and all the other contributors) on your excellent work.  That being said, I would also like to join the epicness, and have formulated a character:

Name: Galdon Mezoran

Race: Human (I'd rather him be a dwarf, but seeing how scarce they are in these parts, I thought he wouldn't have come this far as a dwarven adventurer without being enslaved or killed, as he's not as badass as some of the other party members)

Profession: Maceman Adventurer/Freelance Mercenary/Cartographer/Smuggler

Backstory: Galdon was born into the family of a smuggling ship captain, and lived with them happily until he was 17.  During that time, he learned the ways of combat and the ways of sailing, and even in his young age he was relied upon by his fellow shipmates in various dire situations, and he performed well.  But on that one fateful day, the family vessel pulled into port only to find that the town was under siege.  Being able-bodied fighters, the crew of the ship flung themselves into the combat, defending their friends, family, and business partners from the invaders.  But they were far too outnumbered to succeed, and as his friends and family were mowed down one by one in the fighting, he fought on valiantly.  At last the few survivors were rounded up at the port by the invaders, given a ship and basic supplies, and forced to set sail.  Even at his young age, Galdon was the most experienced sailor on board, and therefore became captain.  For eleven years they sailed, smuggling, exploring uncharted lands, making and selling new maps.  Then, when he was 28, the crew gathered enough funds to hire a small army and rent an armada.  They sailed the fleet into their old town, and the crew and mercenaries fought their old enemies-the invaders of Galdon's hometown.  In the end Galdon's force won the battle, condemning the enemy survivors to the same fate they gave to his crew eleven years prior.  He was voted unanimously to be the new mayor, but he declined the offer-he had made up his mind that he wanted a new life, to see the world and what it has to offer.  And so he took with him some supplies, his mace and chain mail, his maps, and some gold, and set off for a new adventure.  Since then he has been many places and done many things, and after six years he has arrived in the province of Isinzimkel as a mercenary.

P.S. If it's too late for another person to join or there's already too many people in the story, then that's fine-but I'll still stick around to read the epicness.  And, if there is someone you must kill off, I'd prefer it wasn't me, but I'd probably be less unhappy if it was me than I would be if it was anyone else, as they're already integrated into the storyline, and I'd be kind of pissed if you killed off a fully fleshed out character instead of a new dude.  Although it's your story.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I figure that the dwarves are only marginally less wasteful of metal than they are of wood. The moody dwarf's selecting only the best 5% of each bar of metal, and eats the rest to sustain him as he works on the artifact.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 105