Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Dwarf with refuse hauling disabled performs "dump item" task  (Read 473 times)

Mister Thou

• Bay Watcher
  • out of ointment and out of time
    • View Profile

I noticed one of my dwarves, for whom I had disabled the refuse hauling labor, was performing a "dump item" task. I checked, and sure enough, refuse hauling was indeed disabled.

I followed her around some, and I noticed the items she was picking up were items that would have gone into a stockpile, were they not designated to be dumped. Her job was listed as "store item in bin" or "store item in stockpile" until she picked up the item, at which time the job changed to "dump item", and she went and dumped it in the dump zone.

She has other hauling labors enabled, so in brief, what happens is she queues up an item hauling job, gets to the item, sees that it's dump designated, and the job changes to a refuse hauling job, which she completes even though that labor is disabled.

It seems I am able to replicate this without a lot of trouble, so if you need any more specific information, I can probably get it.