Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Zchris13's tales of horror and madness  (Read 9039 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: . . . . . .
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 05:10:58 pm »

A macaque just got punched 20 spaces by an unarmed, untrained recruit.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 05:13:59 pm »

A macaque just got punched 20 spaces by an unarmed, untrained recruit.
You have found an untrained Captain Falcon, give him the training he deserves, now!

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 05:42:57 pm »

Just abandoned a fortress -- it had 86 dwarves a few minutes ago.  Now it has a few tantrumming fools and a dungeon master. 

who knew dragons moved so fast...
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 09:07:05 pm »

ALL dwarves have Capt. Falc. somewhere inside them.  More so the women, but whatever.

We need elves to be like Capt. Falc.  Totally worthless, but better, somehow, than squirtle.  And super crazy fast.  That too.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 10:21:06 am »

This looks FUN.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 11:17:11 am »

ALL dwarves have Capt. Falc. somewhere inside them.  More so the women, but whatever.

We need elves to be like Capt. Falc.  Totally worthless, but better, somehow, than squirtle.  And super crazy fast.  That too.

'the hell you talking about, squirtle kicks ass in Brawl.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 11:21:10 am »

The capt. F. is the worst character in brawl.  He has a slight advantage over only squirtle.  Nobody knows why.

But yes, I love the squirtle.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 11:42:13 am »

I thought I remember Capt Falcon being high tier-ish on the tourneyfag list.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 02:07:51 pm »

I don't know about for melee or the N64, but for brawl, he IS the bottom.

Doesn't stop him from being totally awesome.

But what about those sixteen burning dwarf chunks?

Horpach

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 02:22:22 pm »

Flooded my fortress too.

I was struck with the idea to make a beautiful waterfall in my entrance hall to generate happy thoughts (and because I can do it).
Worked into screw pump function and build a multilevel building for generating energy via windmills and a long  aqueduct from the brook to a point over my entrance hall. Under my entrance hall is a tunnel running from the brook to the several wells in my fortress, as part of my water distribution system. I dug a 2 tile wide channel from the entrance hall into this tunnel, and build grates over it, so the water from the waterfall could flow away.
Or so I thought.

Construction of the whole thingy took several months. Finally I was able to activate the screw pumps and watch my masterplan fulfil. It worked fine. My dwarfes admired the waterfall.

Several seconds later, I got warning messages concerning dangerous terrain.  ???

Well, the water from the waterfall didn't flow away through the already filled water distribution tunnels, but instead overflow and flooded everything.
Of course, the first room flooded was my control room with all the levers which start/stop the pumps. :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 04:06:19 pm »

I tried to make a waterfall in my dining room.  I did this many times before, intellegently and with care.  Then I somehow got it into my head that water falling more than 3 tiles caused it to not stack on top of itself at the bottom, causing no need for drainage.

Cut to spring the next year.  Dwarves are climbing coughing and sputtering out of a 10x12 lake that used to be the main entrance way with the trade depot 7 z levels down at the bottom.  The only consolation that the elves that were trading at the time all drown because they were too dumb to swim.

And I'm guessing you had a bad run in with some fire imps?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 05:49:27 pm »

Oh, yeah.  Totally my fault, too.  Killed my mechanic, nothing much.  Got another in the next migrant wave.  Lost some haulers, stuff like that.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 06:23:49 pm »

I made a resrvoir that was filled by a pump once.  When I had the problem of crazy people jumping in and dirtying it up, I deconstructed the pump.  I dug holes in the wall of the reservoir (these led straight into my food stockpile).  I put doors in them, and creature-triggered pressure plates on the inside of the doors.  Upon being triggered, the doors would open and the gear assembly connecting it's pump to the windmills.  The effect would last long enough for the dude to get out without flooding the food stockpile.

This same fort had a major problem with fire imps, which killed one of my original miners, as well as some other legendary.

This fort is now having a problem with the underground river creatures.  I made a giant artificial river that drains into the bottomless pit on the opposite side of the map, and some of them got through the fortifications.  I'm now trying to catch them.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 06:57:33 pm »

Such a great personality page.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

Ellipsis

Ellipsis

Ellipsis

Am i fitting in yet?

( :P)
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7