Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On Smelting Reactions: Mine, Plus Questions  (Read 1711 times)

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
On Smelting Reactions: Mine, Plus Questions
« on: April 24, 2009, 01:53:47 pm »

Well, recently I just DL'd Dwarf Fortress after a computer meltdown. I decided to play around with smelting reactions, seeing what works and what doesn't. I've also been playing around trying to find some new ideas.

Some of the things I figured out were:

1 and 10 Giant Cave Spider Silks.
20 Dragon Bones.
Adamantine Strands.
10 Sun Berries, Whip Vines, and Sliver Barbs.

The rest were just multiple amounts of the usual reactions on the Wiki.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Going to play around with these just for fun to see my entire fort decked out in black died adamantine clothing or something fun.

I usually add a Bauxite, Marble, and Obsidian stone creation reactions as well just for the obvious purposes.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make Dragon Fat or even Dragon Corpses. I don't think I can have the smelter churn out corpses sadly from everything I've tried, but the fat I guess is all about getting the right syntax.

I've tried:

(Doesn't Work)

(Doesn't Work)

I've tried other variations on trying to make the dragon fat. I have this idea of making structures entirely out of Dragon Soap. Some of the variations I've tried have been:

Yep. None of those work. Trying to figure out how to make a nice stack of Dragon Fat in the same way I made Dragon Bones.

By the way, if you do this reaction:

...the bones boil and kill anything nearby. Tried it with Hydra Bones too and the things killed froze to death... I found this odd.

So. Any ideas on producing Fat(or Tallow or the Soap Bars themselves at this point) from the smelter?

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On Smelting Reactions: Mine, Plus Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 12:14:36 am »

[REAGENT:1:GLOB:NO_SUBTYPE:RENDERED_FAT:ANY] lets me use tallow in reactions. I assume replacing ANY with DRAGON and putting it as a product would give you dragon tallow.

Some of the creature-based reactions are heavily bugged at the moment. Bones are a good example of this. It's possible to make bones/skulls that don't boil, but the reaction looks very bizarre. I can figure it out again if you'd like.

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 09:37:14 am »

I actualy did figure it out. Check the 20 dragon bones reaction above. It works well and the bones don't boil.

I'll play around a bit more and see if I can figure out the tallow thing. Likely its just one of those that won't work in reaction.

New Information:

[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NO_SUBTYPE:RENDERED_FAT:DRAGON] does not work. Going to try putting the name of the creature in the item subtype field. Never know. Stranger things have happened.

New New Information:

Tried [PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:DRAGON:RENDERED_FAT:DRAGON]. Doesn't work. Looks like making easy dragon tallow or soap isn't going to be as easy as expected. Perhaps its simply unreactionable as a product right now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:17:41 am by NegaDwarf »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 09:19:55 pm »

[REACTION:ADAMANTINE_WAFERS]
    [NAME:make adamantine wafers]
    [REAGENT]
    [SMELTER]
    [PRODUCT:100:50:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]

This works, I've made many adamantine objects out of these.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.