Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Lame artifacts!  (Read 54834 times)

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In the running for lamest artifact
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 04:25:36 pm »

Oh I've seen some lame ones.

"This is a Highwood bucket. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of large roaches in Highwood." Worth 2400

Same fort also produced a Tower-cap bucket artifact.

One of my favorites though came from a friend's fort. The Rock Sock. Just one sock, mind you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 06:23:28 am »

"This is a Highwood bucket. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of large roaches in Highwood." Worth 2400

One of my favorites though came from a friend's fort. The Rock Sock. Just one sock, mind you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Buckets can be used to make nice wells that keep people happy, trust me, it's not as lame as it looks.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 06:55:56 am »

I once had a an artifact made out of steel, encrusted with 4 precious gems, has pictures of other artifacts on it...

It's a toy boat.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 07:20:51 am »

My last 3 artifacts where;

A turtle shell helmet with turtle shell decoration and spikes of turtle shell....
A mech.
A floodgate

Therosfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 09:55:24 am »

I have had a pig tail cloth rope covered in bands of pigtail cloth. This object menaces with spikes of gabbro. :(

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 10:33:16 am »

Either of those would go nicely with my Turtle Shell Chain (8kish dwarf bucks, made by possessed child just after I designated a well for construction; its almost like some god looked down and went "No your Well is not good enough, here have THIS," naturally I rebuilt the well right away).

Airpi

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING:whimsy
    • View Profile
    • I say things. Often.
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 12:55:49 pm »

A mech.
:O

Urist McHotBlood cancels Rest:Shouting Supermove
⊂(゚ヮ゚⊂⌒つ    ⊂(゚ヮ゚⊂⌒つ

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 02:18:29 pm »

Same fort, 4th artifact.

Weaponmaker chancels drink. Fey mood.

He goes in a magaforge ...
Get 3x admamite waffers.

I am like "Holy crap this will be aweeeeeeeeeeesomeeeee".
A adamite bracelet with a picture of my mayor. No not of my sheriff with 27 kills or therelike, nope my mayor being voted to mayor.

MacLeod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 02:26:39 pm »

I've had a dwarf make a stone mug, inlaid with a picture of a mug.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 02:44:46 pm »

Not just ~any~ mug - it was ~that~ mug!  Artifacts become part of the legends of the fortress immediately.

Hey, anything that can be used is not even close to being "lamest artifact".  A rope can be a restraint or make a well, a floodgate adds to the value of the fortress.

A mechanism?  :o  Cool! Drop it into a royal's room, it adds more than an equivalent statue!  (And we all know that royals are not good for much ~except~ pulling levers!)

Let's see the toys, the menacing mugs, the adamantine socks, the wooden rings of doom.  The tortoise shell helm rates, imo, just because shell sucks so hard for a helmet material (if it was a cap it could have been layered!)

If it has any use at all, you're not a contender.  :P

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 06:39:39 pm »

I had a newly arrived peasant dash off to a crafts shop and produce an epic stone toy boat to end all toyboats today.

I thoguht it was lame until I saw it was worth about 77k dwarfbucks.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 06:51:51 pm »

Quote from:  azazel
So don't come here complaining about "lamest artifact."

Alright, some of the stuff you posted was pretty lame, I'll admit.  But I'm talking about these kinds:

Quote from:  Yanlin
I once had a an artifact made out of steel, encrusted with 4 precious gems, has pictures of other artifacts on it...

It's a toy boat.

Quote from: ThtblovesDF
Weaponmaker chancels drink. Fey mood.

He goes in a magaforge ...
Get 3x admamite waffers.

I am like "Holy crap this will be aweeeeeeeeeeesomeeeee".
A adamite bracelet with a picture of my mayor. No not of my sheriff with 27 kills or therelike, nope my mayor being voted to mayor.

I mean the kind of lamest artifact where you're getting excited about the materials, the type, whatever...and then it turns out to be a mug.  Epicly lame.

Quote from: Albedo
Let's see the toys, the menacing mugs, the adamantine socks, the wooden rings of doom
Exactly, let's see the most valuable or interesting artifacts that are completely useless!

KG

nutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lame artifacts!
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 12:27:11 am »

Reg Azzuzas, Peasant has been possessed!
Reg Azzuzas, Peasant has created Reg Azzuzas, a Gabbro earring

Reg Azzuzas, "Reg Sombercrystals", a Gabbro earring
This is a Gabbro earring. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of Gabbro.

Weight: 2
Basic value: 2400

*Yawn* I guess I should be glad that he didn't waste any of the precious wood---I am still looking for my underground river. I hope he doesn't have an accident involving magma when I find that. ::)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 02:41:44 am »

Heh, nice.  I have an image of a dwarf with a half-pound stone in a pierced ear.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 02:59:18 am »

statue of a frog

No statues cannot have a subject yet. So you can't get a statue of... well... anything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29