Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Lame artifacts!  (Read 54789 times)

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lame artifacts!
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2009, 07:31:17 pm »

Possession. Can't even use it for a trap since I'm playing vanilla and dorfs don't make darts.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2009, 02:16:25 pm »

Just had a woodcrafter make an oaken earring.  With Topaz.  And Star freaking Rubies.  99,600 dorfbucks, for a wooden earring.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

Lagren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2009, 10:09:00 am »

A metalsmith of mine just got a mood. I was going "AWESOME! I can get something worth a ton to placate my nobles with!"

He made a grate, "Umozduthnur", "Rampageguards." Awesome name, but not quite an awesome artifact.

"This is a copper grate. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of copper."

I find it hilarious that even though he couldn't be bothered with anything else, he still put spikes on the thing.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2009, 10:13:15 am »

A metalsmith of mine just got a mood. I was going "AWESOME! I can get something worth a ton to placate my nobles with!"

He made a grate, "Umozduthnur", "Rampageguards." Awesome name, but not quite an awesome artifact.

"This is a copper grate. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of copper."

I find it hilarious that even though he couldn't be bothered with anything else, he still put spikes on the thing.

you can't have highest quality craftsdwarfship without spikes.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2009, 10:14:27 am »

you can't have highest quality craftsdwarfship without spikes.
Nor can you have hilarious loincloths.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2010, 08:00:28 pm »

Heh, nice.  I have an image of a dwarf with a half-pound stone in a pierced ear.

But that would be so dwarfly...
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2010, 09:08:45 pm »

My first ever fell mood netted me... a completely undecorated dwarf bone floodgate.  :-\
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2010, 12:26:51 am »

My fortress has been producing crap artifacts.
I've got "Lancedswords" a pig tail right glove that is decorated with pig tail and encircled with bands of pig tail.
"The Organization of Sanctuary" a rhyolite crown. It has clounds on it in rhyolite.
"The Harmonious Culmination of Throwing" a melanite coffin with fire snakes on it in melanite.
And the most recent one, "The Murky Lashes" which is a native copper grate that's encrusted with native copper.

All of them were made with just one material. The most expensive one is 36,000 db on the coffin with the glove at 7600 db.

Viroath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2010, 12:48:27 am »

I once got a wooden cup.  Atleast it menaced with spikes of wood and had bands of wood.

I purposefully hauled it into my trade depot (Dumped, actually) for the sheer purpose of annoying elves (Atleast in my head)

"Aye, you know how we can get only three mugs from a tree?  Well, yer tree hugging pansies, Urist here just made a single mug out of three trees!  How do you feel about that?!"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:54:56 am by Viroath »

Echo7

• Bay Watcher
  • Reading you loud and clear, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2010, 01:33:29 am »

I got a lame loincloth, too:

I wish I could make my Dungeonmaster wear this (and nothing else).
Always shoot first.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2010, 12:12:06 pm »

I was getting really excited when I had a dwarf claim a metal forge, and gather adamantine, three different kinds of gems, and bone and shell...had my fingers crossed for an awesome weapon to kill demons with.  Instead, I got this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes, that's not one, not two, but three images of itself on there.  It's not like I don't have other artifacts, although this is far and away my most valuable one.  At least I got a legendary blacksmith out of it.

The only redeeming quality seems to be that's it's worth 758400 dwarf bucks...can I still stick it in a noble's room for furniture?

KG...

Let me guess, the dwarf was a ranger, hunter or a trapper?
this is why people like training useless dwarves so as you get weapons or armour instead of rings and traps

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2010, 12:16:32 pm »

Let me guess, the dwarf was a ranger, hunter or a trapper?

I'm pretty sure those professions don't get moods per se, i.e. a ranger would work at a craftsdwarf's workshop when taken by a strange mood.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2010, 12:24:32 pm »

Idokrimad, "Pointedtactic", a rainbow trout bone buckler.

I was think, "Sweet, artifact buckler FTW!"  Then I noticed:
"On the item is an image of a human and an alligator in rainbow trout bone.  The alligator is striking down the human."  There are alligators on my map.

Among my other silly artifact names:
Kasithnikot Umaminodeshon, "Prowleractions of the Untamed Gate-Good"
 ::)

I have gotten some good ones, though.  Among them: an aluminum sarcophagus that by itself made my baroness' tomb a "Royal Mausoleum".
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:26:17 pm by bmaczero »
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2010, 01:50:42 pm »

I got a rope reed thong, that had hanging rings of picture jaspers and menaced with spikes of wood opals. I'll give you a second to let the mental image sink in. You may include a female craftsdwarf holding it up in delicate triumph if you wish.

You're welcome.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2010, 11:10:04 pm »

I got an artifact raw adamantine mechanism encrusted with gems and some metal.

It was worth 1,000,000+ dworf bucks.

Im afraid to use it because it might disappear or whatever and I would lose all of that value.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29