Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hey look what I found!  (Read 3516 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hey look what I found!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 06:32:59 am »

Useless in elf sounds like live in english

Ehhh... Liva is closer to "Viva" which means live...

As for the other words you guys are reaching.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 01:04:53 pm »

Liva for me sounds as "leaver".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 01:24:35 pm »

levers are useless to elves?
Oh woe, does their obscene weirdness know no bounds?!
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 01:50:05 pm »

DJ, I'll trade with you! We'd like to keep you safe so we'll just close these floodgates at the entrance, and the holes in the walls are uh... ventilation shafts.
Why, certainly my good dwarf. I have a wide variety of fine cloth to offer you, and a dozen dead animals in cages too. And I appreciate your concern for my safety. You never know when and where those pesky goblins that were travelling with my caravan the whole time and just split off now might uncloak.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 02:35:23 pm »

Maybe useless sounds like liver in elfish because their livers are useless. I cant really picture an elf drinking booze without passing out after a sip.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 03:49:11 pm »

All they really drink is sunshine and I can't even begin to imagine what that stuff tastes like. I'd imagine it would taste sweet, almost warm feeling to drink not that I would know, just speculating.

Anyway! Elves, I plan on having them as sex slaves in this mod I'm workin on.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:01:46 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 03:51:22 pm »

sexslaves. that certainly counts like a caste.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 04:02:43 pm »

It's pretty much their traditional role in fantsy RPGs
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 04:26:15 pm »

It's pretty much their traditional role in fantsy RPGs

OTOH, Humans actually breed with everything.
Except in D&D, then it's the dragons who are constantly getting around a little bit more than is acceptable in polite company.

Jakkarra

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 06:29:08 pm »

if i could draw id place a picture of a dragon with glen Quagmire's face riiiiiiight

HERE

just puttin' it out there for others to draw...

also, the plans for the Elf-retirement-plan are almost finished!

Love, jakkarra

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 07:08:40 pm »

Giggity-giggity-giggity-giggity-RAAAAAAAARRRGH *fire breath*
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 07:33:56 pm »

The only thing Elves ever seem to trade is booze, lumber, cloth and dead animals. Sometimes those crappy wooden sticks they call weapons.

Usually I give them a messload of goblin crap I just want taken off my map in exchange for whatever is useful and they come back with 2 dozen donkeys and 500 tons of wood next year.

I don't know why everyone hates elves. Cheap booze, cloth and wood and animal corpses. Not as helpful as the humans with their insane variety of boozes and food to keep your weird dwarves happy, but helpful enough. If you trade well with them they come back with tons of the same shit you bought from them last time. They bring almost as much wood as the humans do.

Anyways, yeah, D&D does have a weird thing about half-elves, half-orcs, half dwarves and half-everything under the sun. I guess there is that either that percentage of the market base that can't commit to the weird archtypes of a fantasy race, but doesn't want to play a plain ol' boring human, or the types that gotta imagine crazy sex with non-exisitant fantasy races or something like that.

I'm sure elves get drunk, there are plenty of drunks staggering around in the woods in their forest retreats. They are kinda like rainbow people or whatever, I guess.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 08:07:22 pm »

The only thing Elves ever seem to trade is booze, lumber, cloth and dead animals. Sometimes those crappy wooden sticks they call weapons.

Usually I give them a messload of goblin crap I just want taken off my map in exchange for whatever is useful and they come back with 2 dozen donkeys and 500 tons of wood next year.

I don't know why everyone hates elves. Cheap booze, cloth and wood and animal corpses. Not as helpful as the humans with their insane variety of boozes and food to keep your weird dwarves happy, but helpful enough. If you trade well with them they come back with tons of the same shit you bought from them last time. They bring almost as much wood as the humans do.

Anyways, yeah, D&D does have a weird thing about half-elves, half-orcs, half dwarves and half-everything under the sun. I guess there is that either that percentage of the market base that can't commit to the weird archtypes of a fantasy race, but doesn't want to play a plain ol' boring human, or the types that gotta imagine crazy sex with non-exisitant fantasy races or something like that.

I'm sure elves get drunk, there are plenty of drunks staggering around in the woods in their forest retreats. They are kinda like rainbow people or whatever, I guess.

I think it's becuase they're imortal, elves are total pussies who get raped, get drunk and than get killed. On a side note goblins are also imortal, and are total idiots who go rape, get drunk and than get killed.

Imortallity, what else are you going to do with your infinite amount of time?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:09:09 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Jakkarra

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 08:15:29 pm »

Immortality, what else are you going to do with you infinite amount of time?

kill more elves perhaps?

love, jakkarra

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 11:28:57 pm »

In other words, I've found more reasons for people to be disapointed in me! Or tell me to get help!

. . .

IT WAS ON A MOD, A MOD AND I GAVE IT FIVE STARS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4