Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with a world_gen tweak  (Read 549 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Help with a world_gen tweak
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:44:07 pm »

I've been using a slightly modified version of Goran's mod (found... somewhere on these boards), as shown below:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This allows me to <f>ind practically every feature on the list and find several sites per map gen.  But while the geography is great, the social side is lacking.

Two issues...

1) It originally had 0/0 for good/evil, and generated a rather bland world in that regard, so I simply copied/pasted the good/evil parameters from the vanilla "medium" worldgen.  That helped, but while the vanilla version would sometimes produce large swaths of good or evil, this produces only tiny clusters.  Further, I've yet to find a goblin citadel.

2) (and perhaps tied to that, in part?)... This often generates worlds without any elven civilizations.  And while some may consider that a blessing, I'm still at the stage where I'd like to do some trading and then butchering and squabbling with them.

I've tried copying/pasting other parts of the vanilla in, but I get infinite rejected worlds, so that ain't happenin'.  Any suggestions/alternatives are appreciated, thanks.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a world_gen tweak
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:20:19 am »

You can set the volcano min to 0 for fewer rejects- you'll still have plenty of magma pipes and such.

As for stuff actually relevant to elves the temperature and elevation values are pretty narrow. Temp is probably fine but see if making that first number lower helps produce more forests for them.

And 800 rivers is pretty extreme for a medium map so if the other two don't help maybe drop those to 300 or lower.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:41:06 am by Shoku »
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:57:06 pm »

[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:5]
   [CAVE_MAX_SIZE:1]
Seems broken ^.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 07:58:18 pm »

Hrmmm - hadn't noticed that, but it certainly does. ("Caves" not being related to the symptoms I was concerned with.)  Easy fix, thanks.

Shok -
Tweaking those a bit - seems to help, thanks!