Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mark workshops as ineligible for manager jobs  (Read 975 times)

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mark workshops as ineligible for manager jobs
« on: April 23, 2009, 02:16:36 pm »

The job manager is a useful way for queueing up large numbers of jobs...but it has a few issues. Specifically, if you want to dedicate a certain workshop to one task while other workshops of the same type accept manager jobs, then you have to fill the one workshop with suspended jobs so there's no room for the manager jobs. This is pretty ugly. I suggest instead having a toggle on the workshop that makes it not pick up manager jobs. This would default to on, of course, but if set off, then the workshop would only have jobs that you have manually added to it.

Two big things I could see this being used for:
* 500x Collect Sand jobs assigned to your basic glass furnaces while your legendary glassmaker uses the magma furnace to Make Glass Blocks (or raw green glass, or grass crafts, etc) on repeat.
* Combine it with profiles and do 500x Make Stone Blocks for your dozens of crap masons while your legendary mason repeatedly makes furniture and statues until you have that all-masterwork set for the royal bedroom.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mark workshops as ineligible for manager jobs
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 07:32:14 pm »

D'oh. Thanks, Footkerchief; I hadn't remembered seeing a suggestion like that so I assumed none had been made...silly me.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels