Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: We demand Scamps videos!  (Read 6555 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: We demand Scamps videos!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 06:27:51 am »

Does this mean that cats are the kryptonite of Toadys coding powahz? Quickly, we must go and kidnap Scamps and put him in a large box, with holes so that we can slip him food and water! Also, possibly enclose a pen around the back of the cage so Scamps can have some room to run around. If he were to kryptonize Toady, horrible things would happen.

Scamps would be returned, obviously, once Toady has gone through Ryuken Hadouken training and can resist Scamp's power.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:57:05 am by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 11:37:01 am »

I want to see this Scamps, to see how cute this kitty is :3

Cats are awesome, being the hyper-intelligent beings they are, and so fluffy!

:3

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 11:49:55 am »

Cats are awesome, being the hyper-intelligent beings they are, and so fluffy!

They are cute, but intelligent? I don't know... ;D Even tho, I don't want to start yet another dogs vs cats discussion, I prefer dogs over cats to be honest. Cats are very "selfish" animals imo. I don't say that they are dumb, but they just don't give a damn about anything basically.  :D

Mister Thou

• Bay Watcher
  • out of ointment and out of time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 12:34:23 pm »

I prefer dogs over cats to be honest. Cats are very "selfish" animals imo. I don't say that they are dumb, but they just don't give a damn about anything basically.  :D

You know this, and you still like dogs better?

Personally, I like cats a lot. Regarding Scamps, videos would be great, but a picture is fine too.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 12:54:21 pm »

I didn't say intelligent, I said hyper-intelligent! Haven't our feline overlords taught us anything? They are brilliant geniuses, intelligent from their fluffy tails to pointy ears and everything in between.

And don't get me started on my mortal enemy, who happens to be "man's best friend." True, they have their uses, but they are so gross and evil!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 12:59:00 pm »

Cats are very "selfish" animals imo. I don't say that they are dumb, but they just don't give a damn about anything basically.  :D

That depends on the cat.  Some are more aloof than others.  Some are more affectionate than others.  Dogs are similar, though the average dog is more people-oriented than the average cat.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 01:08:17 pm »

cats are not selfish, it is just that their dwarven pets are so demanding
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 02:09:22 pm »

People become crazy around cats because cats give people MIND CONTROLLING BRAIN PARASITES that can cause cause you to become schizophrenic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii

http://www.livescience.com/animals/070402_cat_urine.html

There are a bunch of studies that suggest there might be more to the "crazy cat lady" stereotype then people think. So yeah, I think I'd rather have a dog.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 02:51:01 pm »

And don't get me started on my mortal enemy, who happens to be "man's best friend." True, they have their uses, but they are so gross and evil!

Whatever man, cats are the most disgusting and filthy animals I've ever seen.  They spray, their litterboxes are disgusting and a serious health-risk(See Toxoplasma gondii), they shed so much that within a few weeks everything in your house is covered in a thin layer of cat hair.
Shoes...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 08:28:03 pm »

Whatever man, cats are the most disgusting and filthy animals I've ever seen.  They spray, their litterboxes are disgusting and a serious health-risk(See Toxoplasma gondii), they shed so much that within a few weeks everything in your house is covered in a thin layer of cat hair.

You have a really weird concept of what cats are like.

Cats can be trained to go to the bathroom outside like a dog, and hell, can even do it on their own.

And a properly cared-for litterbox for an indoor cat is pretty clean. Seriously, how do you think this compares to teaching your *dog* to go to the bathroom indoors? And toxoplasmosis is generally only a hazard for some people, and certainly not most.

Cats also don't seem to shed that much compared to dogs, but that all depends on what cat and what dog. Cats keep themselves pretty clean, anyhow. You don't exactly have to bathe them.

As far as spraying goes, that's just male cats, and usually just if they aren't neutered.

I honestly just don't get where you got the idea that cats are inherently filthier animals than dogs. They keep themselves cleaner, period.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 09:13:51 pm »

Whatever man, cats are the most disgusting and filthy animals I've ever seen.  They spray, their litterboxes are disgusting and a serious health-risk(See Toxoplasma gondii), they shed so much that within a few weeks everything in your house is covered in a foot deep layer of cat hair.

Fix'd.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 09:20:01 pm »

Yeah, so I'm not the only one here saying cats are hella nasty and unless you enjoy harboring internal parasites, going insane, getting asthma, having your clothes covered in cat hair and dying, you don't want anything to do with cats, right?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 10:43:39 pm »

Toxoplasmosis is kind of a tricky subject, but cultural prevalence of it seems to have more to do with other things than cats.

Also: Getting asthma? Are you serious? Yeah, some people are allergic to cat hair/dander, but that applies to dogs and a hell of a lot of other things too.

And dogs shed. I hate to break it to you, but they do, and generally-speaking cats groom their own fur fairly well unless they're obese trainwrecks or otherwise really messed up.

I'm not even going to touch the "dying" part because it's so out of left field.

I think you're just trying to hate cats at this point.

I mean, I don't give a damn if you dislike cats. That's fine. But you're giving completely bogus arguments about it just to justify your own personal tastes, not to mention being fairly caustic about it here.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 10:49:34 pm »

I really don't know what you people are talking about.  You must have a defective cat.

My cat sheds only a little (Much less than a dog anyway, I have allergies for both).  She goes outside, and buries her business instinctively.  Since she is female, she doesn't "spray".  No slobber, no mess, and she even bathes herself.

She doesn't hate people, loves strangers, doesn't scratch or bite, and gets upset if my family is gone for a long period of time (Read: more than an hour).

The "presents" are still a problem though... 

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 10:54:26 pm »

Toxoplasmosis is kind of a tricky subject, but cultural prevalence of it seems to have more to do with other things than cats.

Also: Getting asthma? Are you serious? Yeah, some people are allergic to cat hair/dander, but that applies to dogs and a hell of a lot of other things too.

And dogs shed. I hate to break it to you, but they do, and generally-speaking cats groom their own fur fairly well unless they're obese trainwrecks or otherwise really messed up.

I'm not even going to touch the "dying" part because it's so out of left field.

I think you're just trying to hate cats at this point.

I mean, I don't give a damn if you dislike cats. That's fine. But you're giving completely bogus arguments about it just to justify your own personal tastes, not to mention being fairly caustic about it here.

I'm caustic as a matter of personal pride, but cats are filthy animals, their skin, hair, feces and mucus are all laden with TONS of horrible stuff that is contagious to humans.

I don't know if cats "cause asthma, omg!" but the rate of asthmatic patients living with cats is higher then asthmatic patients living without them. There is a direct coorelation, but I do not claim to know the cause of it.

If you don't want to get sick and get brain parasites, don't get a cat. Yes, they are adorable. No, I don't want to go insane if i happen to rub my eye after petting them.

Whats wrong with getting a dog? The worst you can get is intestinal parasites if you trip on LSD and eat your dog's poop in the name of science. Otherwise they actually make you healthier (according to certain studies conducted with elderly people with dogs compared to elderly people without dogs), but cats? Man... I'd rather not have them anywhere near me, just because they will hop off my lap with 0.5 pounds of shed fur and 0.035 pounds of parasites.

No thanks homeboybrodude, I'll stick to dogs, and more dogs, before letting a cat live near me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5