Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smarter Military Dwarves  (Read 418 times)

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
Smarter Military Dwarves
« on: April 23, 2009, 09:41:57 am »

1. better pathing when squad members try to get 'near' their squad leader. yes, Lorban McRecruit, that tile you've selected is only 2 tiles to the left of Urist McSquadleader. unfortunately that wall there means you have to cross the entire fortress to get there. don't do it.

2. option to turn off the whole 'squad members follow their leader everywhere' thing. I'm not sure I even see a benefit to having it at all. If they're stationed or patrolling somewhere, they aught to be there regardless of where the squad leader is, and if they're off duty why would they need to hang out with him?

3. Dwarves don't abandon their posts. If there are enemies around that have been detected, on-duty military dwarves should ignore sleeping/eating/drinking. I don't care if you want a snack, there are people here who want to kill us. guard the damn door. There could be associated negative thoughts "went hungry while on patrol" and etc, but critical fortress defense comes first. This is especially annoying when combined with the 'follow the leader' thing, and half your infantry isn't there because one squadleader decided a seige would be a good naptime, and the rest went to tuck him in.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Smarter Military Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:00:15 pm »

I think this has been mentioned before but I still approve of it.
Seconded.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Smarter Military Dwarves
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 02:50:34 pm »

2 and 3 are in the next version, check out the List of Remaining Items!

1, well, let's hope.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!