Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Novice questions - we could make this a megathread?  (Read 7271 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Novice questions - we could make this a megathread?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2009, 03:26:32 pm »

I'm not mentally challenged ;)
Hello Hunam

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2009, 06:38:00 am »

I normally can't get past 5 steps into the court house restricted area before the conservatives become alarmed (and I am wearing disguise) so tampering with jury is pretty much impossible unless I do it int he middle of a shootout...

Breaking things... I'll need to try that, but again, I tend to make it half a dozens steps into the site before things go awry.

And none of those are reasonable solutions for my deskjockeys, like my hackers, artists, etc.

Am I missing something, some trick, for infiltrating sites?
The courthouse is a dangerous place even with a disguise. I advise getting maximum disguise and stealth skills before trying. You can do this by:

1. Sending your Liberals, one by one, to an industrial apartment or somewhere else that police take awhile to reach.
2. Pick some locks while you're there if you want to work up your security skills. Stand near the entrance and wait for a teenager or other base conservative to come by.
3. Strip.
4. Watch your Liberal's stats. If you can get your stealth up to .99+ before the alarm is raised, put your clothes back on and work up your disguise.
5. Leave. Repeat with other liberals.

Eventually your stealth and disguise might get so high that you'll have to vary things a bit: standing in front of more powerful conservatives, stealing something to make them notice you, etc.

Also, your hackers and artists probably shouldn't need much juice to do their jobs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 06:48:23 am by Ciarog »

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2009, 08:51:51 am »

I normally can't get past 5 steps into the court house restricted area before the conservatives become alarmed (and I am wearing disguise) so tampering with jury is pretty much impossible unless I do it int he middle of a shootout...

Breaking things... I'll need to try that, but again, I tend to make it half a dozens steps into the site before things go awry.

And none of those are reasonable solutions for my deskjockeys, like my hackers, artists, etc.

Am I missing something, some trick, for infiltrating sites?
The courthouse is a dangerous place even with a disguise. I advise getting maximum disguise and stealth skills before trying. You can do this by:

1. Sending your Liberals, one by one, to an industrial apartment or somewhere else that police take awhile to reach.
2. Pick some locks while you're there if you want to work up your security skills. Stand near the entrance and wait for a teenager or other base conservative to come by.
3. Strip.
4. Watch your Liberal's stats. If you can get your stealth up to .99+ before the alarm is raised, put your clothes back on and work up your disguise.
5. Leave. Repeat with other liberals.

Eventually your stealth and disguise might get so high that you'll have to vary things a bit: standing in front of more powerful conservatives, stealing something to make them notice you, etc.

Also, your hackers and artists probably shouldn't need much juice to do their jobs.
Thanks!

Hmmm... are you saying that police response is longer to locations farther from downtown? So, cops will show up faster at, say, the gentleman's club than a crack house (all other things being equal)?

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2009, 02:47:12 am »

Hi all
i discovered this game two days ago, and i really like it, however i have some difficulties about wich i would like to ask,
1) Is there an easy way to incraise juice of members, whitout alarming CCS, becoming criminal, or at least which is quite safe, 'cause in the begining i try to play nice and i find it quite hard to get people to the 100 juice needed (so i am sure the revulution will go on, and that i can recruit?
2) if someone is caugth, what are the crimes for which i need self defence/sleeper lawyer/ace lawyer?
3) if someone is sent to the prison, will the come back after the sentence?
4) what are the different roles you people use and for what to do, what are the needed stats/skills for them (money making par example or future leader preparation)?
5) Who are the usefull sleepers, and what they should do spying/liberalism spreading?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2009, 08:55:36 am »

is there any trick to interrogation?

cause im seriusly bad at it and i want some good sleepers
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2009, 11:09:50 am »

@Mohreb el Yasim:

1. The CCS will at some point become active (and at which point, you must crush them) but if you want to avoid them springing out early, you can infiltrate the courthouse and persuade the jury. This will give you a lot of juice very quickly if done correctly (1. Make sure you have someone with 6 lockpick skill, and at least one member in your group with decent persuasion (3 or 4), 2. Make sure you're either wearing a proper disguise and having your team trained in that skill, or have a team with high stealth, 3. Don't bash open doors, this alarms the Conservatives in the building much quicker than lockpicking, thus you should leave and start over if you can't unlock a door).

2. Defending yourself requires a high law skill and a high persuasion skill. If you have them sufficiently high (10 each or so) you will be able to talk yourself out of multiple murders (at least I have). I don't use sleeper lawyers myself, as they're not as reliable as training your own men to be experts in law and persuasion themselves. Besides, the Ace Liberal Lawyer is not too expensive if you spend some time creating a legal business franchine selling homemade clothes.

3. Well, few come back from a death sentence. So no zombies. Normal sentences - yes.

4. In general I create various groups: One group for influencing the issues (I make sure these guys don't kill a lot, so I can get them off the hook if they get caught), one for destroying the CCS (I usually recruit groups of Agents, but that's pretty hard, so I recommend having any other type of unit raid the Cigar Bar for weapon experience and juice), one for writing (the Liberal Guardian will heavily influence the issues in combination with a group that executes raids on Conservative locations, and minimize public backlash if something goes wrong), and one or many for money making. Basically, making money is very simple. Get people with HIGH INTELLIGENCE, and put them all to make clothes. After about a year (if you have enough people, say 12 of them doing it), you'll be able to earn more money than you can ever possibly spend.

5. Useful sleepers are the ones that are hard to get. They usually require a bit of interrogation by a high juiced liberal. CEOs, News Anchors, Radio Personalities and Hangin' Judges are the ones I focus on, but it's important to note that sleepers can be VERY useful in places like the CIA HQ, as they give you a map over the place (all sleepers provide you with a map of their workplace).

@vagel7:

Interrogation methods vary. I personally keep them restrained, sleep-deprive them for a few days (no more than 3), then I use a trained interrogator to convince them to join the Liberal Cause. Most of even my high difficulty Conservatives fall before 10 days are up. Usually sooner. You can train psychology by kidnapping lower difficulty targets, then using "nasty" techniques on them until they're close to death. Have someone insignificant take the wisdom hit when killing them (as in, when you see they're getting really weak, switch to some patsy and have him finish the victim off).

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2009, 02:20:27 pm »

Random tip: if you ever find yourself in combat with a dangerous arch-conservative (I'm directly referring to CEOs, but not necessarily), remember that evading combat will still let them get a shot at you and thus make it extremely likely that you'll walk out with a Juice penalty. My solution: if said con is the only dangerous component of the encounter, just hit him. If you attack as soon as the combat starts, the squad will always get the first blow - and landing a solid hit or decent shot will probably shut him up for a bit, giving you a chance to flee without taking a Juice hit.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2009, 07:49:09 am »

Thank you for the help,
i haven't evited the CCS to form, but i think it is ok i will try to deal with, now i have a 3 hippi making music on streats for money, my founder with big stealthg (i trained him a bit) a college boy to tech to be my succesor 'in case' (14 years with good hearth, agility and carisma) a prostitute (i recruited 'cause i could one more and she seduced alredy 2 judges for mee) a total of 4 liberal judge sleeper (from them 2 count now as moderate) a sleeper lawyer, and a sleeper engeneer in the radio.
What i plan is to get the boy up to 100 juice, make him clear to police (by let them capture) and put him in a safety place, teach 1 leadership to the hippi music band to recruite more lovers/recruits and until they do that to find out with my founder where CCS is, then i will try to recruit a 6 men death squad to crush them (or more if i can send more squad to the same place, can i?) so i really love the game so far, but i would ask some question, if you don't mind it ...
1)Can i send more squad to act together?
2)Can ia teach withouth the skill teaching, if not how i get it?
3)Will safer hauses be raided less from CCS?
4)How many lovers can someone have, on what does it depends?
5)What do i need to open other safehouses, i tryed to kill some conservatives in those but there are not much, and so i don't need how to clean them, also for factories/labs to shut them down i made graffities turned down machines but still no effect?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2009, 07:53:14 am »

1)I dont think so.
2)Havent tried,but should be.
3)If you have a business front and change safehouses frequently they might not get raided,downtown departments are also good places to use as safehousses,just rent a room.pretty much the 3 safehouses and the departments are all you can get.
4)Dont know
5)You cant open other safehouses,dont know about the factories and labs though.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2009, 08:08:52 am »

so this is out of date?:
Quote from: lcs wikipedia
Crack Houses

The other base level recruiting areas. Ratios are about the same as homeless shelter. Killing enough conservatives in the area will let you take over the crack houses as safehouses.
Mohreb el Yasim

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2009, 08:27:58 am »

so this is out of date?:
Quote from: lcs wikipedia
Crack Houses

The other base level recruiting areas. Ratios are about the same as homeless shelter. Killing enough conservatives in the area will let you take over the crack houses as safehouses.

dunno,should try it,although i imagine they would make lousy safehouses,business fronts and the apartments in downtown are the best.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2009, 08:32:28 am »

2)Can ia teach withouth the skill teaching, if not how i get it?

Yes, you can. It may take a while, though. Make sure you're teaching a subject the teacher knows moderately well and the student(s) has no knowledge of. It'll take time, but eventually they'll get Teaching.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2009, 08:34:20 am »

what are some good ways to make large sums of money?

My...erm...murder squad needs funding.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2009, 08:48:26 am »

what are some good ways to make large sums of money?

My...erm...murder squad needs funding.

Raid the industrial apartments a few times. With a police uniform you can partially blend in even while inside one of the rooms, and with a good stealth skill (8+) you should be able to do several floors before getting spotted. Pratically the only loot in those apartments are TVs, which are worth a decent amount. If you can rob the whole block you should end up with about $5000 in a few days. Otherwise, getting a good programmer or two and making them steal credit card numbers can net you a lot of cash, but it's a bit slow, and needs to be done in conjunction with other things.

Edit: Just robbed about four apartment floors, ended up with 64 TVs.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 08:55:53 am by 3 »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2009, 09:44:01 am »

when i have a change to get a good lawyer(law:7) should i make him a regular member to teach the others law or make him a sleeper?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6