Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Novice questions - we could make this a megathread?  (Read 7265 times)

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
Re: Novice questions - we could make this a megathread?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:02 pm »

how do I capture a crack house?

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 06:11:57 pm »

Goron: Are all your people wearing an appropriate disguise? Are they carrying weapons that would alarm people? If something is going to alarm conservatives, it will show up red when you are in a restricted area.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 03:16:29 am »

@Goron: When they have low disguise or stealth level, people are easily caught in restricted areas. I recommend you try to break open a door (break, not unlock), then stand around in the non-restricted zone until conservatives become suspicious. Then you hightail it out of there. Repeat. This will level up the disguise level of the members in the group; and eventually you'll get it past 5 or 6, which makes it much, much easier to infiltrate restricted zones.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 08:27:38 am »

Goron: Are all your people wearing an appropriate disguise? Are they carrying weapons that would alarm people? If something is going to alarm conservatives, it will show up red when you are in a restricted area.
Greens all around, appropriate disguises and either no weapon or just pistols.

@Goron: When they have low disguise or stealth level, people are easily caught in restricted areas.
I guess that's my main problem, is the low disguise and or stealth skills...
I recommend you try to break open a door (break, not unlock), then stand around in the non-restricted zone until conservatives become suspicious.
I'll have to try that, thanks. How can I not pick the lock? If I say N to the prompt if I want to pick the lock, and I try to bump the door again, will it give me an option to bash it?

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2009, 09:15:14 am »

Uhm. Not picking a lock is by failing at it. Basically, don't put someone who's great at lockpicking in your squad. Or anyone too strong, for that matter (breaking down the door will give you way more heat than you'll appreciate, if I remember correctly).

Merely the attempted breakin will give you just enough onsite heat to be able to get out after some disguise training. Alternatively you could try stealing something.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2009, 08:29:23 pm »

I would ask a quick question, is there anyway to carry an mp5 witout alarming conservitives while wearing a disguise(work clothes, police uniform etc.)  because a trenchcoat can't be worn over something. Also what's an acceptible disguise in the AM and Cable News stations?
Hello Hunam

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 09:43:16 pm »

http://lcs.wikidot.com/downtown
That lists *some* disguises for downtown locations.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:06 pm »

TY  :)
Hello Hunam

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 04:57:15 am »

a trenchcoat can't be worn over something

If you wore a trenchcoat over your disguise, it would defeat your disguise.

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:38 am »

http://lcs.wikidot.com/downtown
That lists *some* disguises for downtown locations.

As an aside, cheap suits work for the court house, too.  In fact, cheap suits are a surprisingly versatile disguise, and usually the first outfits I go for.  Between cheap suits, lab coats, and work clothes, you have a sizable percentage of the sites covered.  ...Well, the ones I go to, anyway.  I generally stay far away from the police and fire stations. :)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 11:06:13 am »

unifroms are that strict? Why couldn't you just say it's cold so you wore it over your disguise?
Hello Hunam

irmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 11:19:07 am »

unifroms are that strict? Why couldn't you just say it's cold so you wore it over your disguise?

Because the disguise doesn't work if you're always having to explain it to people.

It's also a game balance feature. Trenchcoats do something useful, but at the cost of not being able to wear a disguise.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2009, 11:24:15 am »

meh, I can always kidnap people in apartments anyway.
Hello Hunam

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2009, 12:14:06 pm »

When was the last time you saw a doctor wearing a trenchcoat over his/her scrubs; or a lawyer wearing a trenchcoat over his/her suit; or a [insert any profession here] wearing a trenchcoat over their normal business attire?

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2009, 01:47:48 pm »

When was the last time you saw a doctor wearing a trenchcoat over his/her scrubs; or a lawyer wearing a trenchcoat over his/her suit; or a [insert any profession here] wearing a trenchcoat over their normal business attire?

Or when was the last time you saw a worker wearing a trenchcoat over the trenchcoat that is covering a trenchcoat?
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6