Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Novice questions - we could make this a megathread?  (Read 7283 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Novice questions - we could make this a megathread?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 10:05:02 pm »

we could make this a megathread?

Ehhh... To make it a Megathread Id think it would realistically have to link to other threads. Is that what you had in mind or is the definition simply a large and organised thread?

narskie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 10:51:25 pm »

I think you may be right with the heart to wisdom barrier.  That would explain why he got some moderate successes after the rank increase.  So heart adds a barrier to recruitment, irrespective of persuasion/charisma?

Katokijime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 03:39:37 am »

Thanks guys, this thread's been wonderful. I captured my first Arch-Conservative, a radio personality, today.

Edit: What's the best thing to do with it?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:51:33 am by Katokijime »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 09:08:50 am »

A cultural sleeper is excellent, but failing that, a high charisma agent can be used when broadcasting on conservative media.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 09:20:56 pm »

I think perhaps Katokijime wanted to know how to break the Arch-Conservative.

If so, it depends what skills your team has available.

High Persuasion, High Heart, little-to-no Interrogation skill liberals might be able to talk the Arch-Conservative into changing sides.

High Heart, High Interrogation skill liberals could break the Arch-Conservative.  Start by depriving food, water, sleep, and hitting the Arch-Conservative. 

After two days give the hostage water, or they could die.

After four days, give the hostage food, and a good night's sleep, or they will lose stats (moreso than they would by just becoming less Conservative).

Also, only beat them until they're wounded, otherwise you might beat them to death.

Make sure the hostage doesn't go more than two days without water, or four days without sleep and food.

The "Enlightenment" process is tricky.  Don't put your founder in charge of it, just in case things go wrong.  You can always promote the brainwashed recruit to follow the founder later.

Edit: Too boldie.

Anodyne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 09:28:57 pm »

I just downloaded this game today and I have a few questions.

- I keep reading about teaching other LCS members but I don't see it as an option for any of my guys. Does it depend on a teaching skill to be available?

- Is there any way I can tell sleeper agents to do specific things?

- Interrogation seems completely different from what everyone describes. (They talk about strategy, all I can do is allocate a specific amount of money.) Are we playing different versions or what?

- Page down doesn't page through menus as it says (if I have more than 19 people in a category, for instance). I've looked at the init.txt and it looks right. How can I fix that?

Thanks.

[edit: it looks like I do have an old version from the front page. IGNORE ME! :) ]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 09:34:36 pm »

Yup, that would be 3.09.  New version lots more fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 12:23:01 am »

Though Risky... Drugging them has a chance of success.

The Risk is that it also has an equal amount of chance of making interrogation impossible.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 02:34:58 am »

The effectiveness of drugs are based on how much they like the interrogator, so it's best to get the hostage to like your liberal first.

You do that by being nice to them.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it.  However, if you got extra cash, the props work great.  Mind, they burn through cash like crazy, but it's effective.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 02:39:16 am »

For some reason I seem to have found that hallucinogens work best on religious/business people. You know, fanatics. Is this true? Because it seems to completely bypass their religion/business skill rather frequently (though on occasion it doesn't).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 09:16:02 am »

Drugs are effective against anyone with a "shield" skill, such as Science, Business, Religion, or Street Smarts.  The drugs allow you to bypass that shield totally, just as you noticed.

But, the drugs sometimes backfire, no matter the target.  Plus, there's the risk of overdose, leading to death.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 01:17:58 pm »

Does anyone know what activities specifically will /not/ trigger the CCS? I'm tired of trying various stealthy things, only to have to restart my game an hour in. I can't break equipment, I can't steal /and/ spray, I can't do anything, damnit.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 04:47:57 pm »

Anything that can make the news will trigger the CCS. Anything that is a crime and a site action. I will probably change this, somehow -- maybe make CCS come up regardless, but allow an alternate way to prevent its creation using sleepers, but only if you refrain from violence. I dunno, really.

Err, that is, anything that can make the news and -does- make the news will trigger the CCS, as I recall.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:53:49 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 06:12:28 am »

only beat them until they're wounded, otherwise you might beat them to death.
dont set any one with high str,low heart or h2h as it make the odds of killing them go up.

only the MP5 or shotgun can be hidden under a Trenchcoat.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Katokijime

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 07:23:50 am »

My group is doing pretty good, and i had already enlightened the radio personality, so i set her to promote liberalism, but the country is still turning overwhelmingly Conservative, like 9:1 here. I've got office workers and guards and the like shilling for me, do i need like 20 tv personalities or something? Also the mythril mail seems pretty good, if only i could hide anything under it :/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6