Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: RTD Rookie Deathmatch II - Delayed turn 10 was delayed.  (Read 15736 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Rookie Deathmatch II - Turn 1. First blood goes to Frelock.
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2009, 03:30:26 pm »

Change action:

I cast Flamethrower on everyone trying to attack me.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2009, 03:31:12 pm »

The highest bonus technically possible is +3: +1 from items, +1 from skills, and +1 from temporary bonuses. Only a max of +2 is allowed for dodge and toughness.

Alrighty then. Ring of Fire it is.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2009, 10:11:22 am »

I make eye holes in my shield with the can opener I hid in my body.

If that is invalid I guess I try to hack off one of orgs arms.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Rookie Deathmatch II - Turn 2. Error detected.
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2009, 06:36:51 pm »

Turn 2. New rule: If you change your action, stick a line through it with the s tag.
Code: [Select]
Turn 2. New rule: If you change your action, [s]stick a line through it with the s tag.[/s]Failure to comply will result in me taking the first action you post for the turn. Failure to notice this will not save you; read the text next time when I put it at the start of the turn instead of when I quote it to you later.

Crowd - | A strange being in cyan robes begins chanting strangely. People near him copy the chant, and it spreads throughout the arena. Everybody feels strange.

Org – | Org  tries to create a new fire spell, | but only succeeds in casting Incendia Occurro at Inaluct. | He misses, and the spell goes straight up into the sky …

Inaluct – | Inaluct casts a Divum Incendia at Org. | A bolt of lightning lashes out, barely striking Org. The spell | was only a weak static shock, and Org barely felt it.

R1ck the Barbarian – | R1ck charges at Org, rapidly closing the distance. He swings his axe at Org mightily, | and the axe is aimed well at Org’s leg. | The charge unbalances R1ck, and he didn’t swing the axe as hard as he intended. Org’s leg is barely scratched. | R1ck regains his balance easily.

Pacho – | After a disturbing display of utter disrespect, Pacho manages to heal the blunt damage caused by Frey by stabbing himself with fingernails.

Frey – | Frey is distracted by the hole in the Space-Time Continuum, and forgets to throat-strike Pacho.

Shoruke – | Shoruke waves his hands mystically, making strange gestures and unintelligible words. He does everything exactly right to cast Ring of Fire, but nothing happens. Maybe that hole in the Space-Time Continuum is to blame?

Errol – | Errol sets his eyes on Org, and begins an awesome dance of swordplay. Feint! Parry! Dodge! Strike! | | Watch Org suffer! Faint! | Wait, ‘faint’ is misspelled. Errol backs off, to avoid listening to the disembodied advice further.

Knightedskill – | Knightedskull attacks Org. | He delivers a well aimed swing at Org’s left arm, | and cuts it clean off.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inaluct (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: R1ck the Barbarian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knightedskull (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pacho (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items on ground (click to show/hide)

Edit - Crowd turn reinstated.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:06:31 pm by Nirur Torir »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2009, 06:39:35 pm »

I cast another lightning bolt at Org. I aim it at his right foot.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2009, 06:42:33 pm »

I heal my arm back.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2009, 06:48:24 pm »

I cast stoneskin on myself, hoping like hell that the space/time continuum has corrected itself.

By the way, universe... you should check your filepath for diagnose.exe
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2009, 06:57:16 pm »

There are clearly no separate files in the universe's operating system. It is all in one huge directory, which is why you occasionally see odd glitches in the universe.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2009, 07:01:08 pm »

I'll try to steal one of knightedskulls healing potions. Hopefully he's too busy gloating over his success in arm cutting off to notice.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2009, 07:49:26 pm »

I fiercely scratch Frey's legs, hoping to make him fall into the hole in space-time.

If I have the time, I take a small dump in the hole afterwards.

Edit: I take a dump in the hole regardless of whether Frey falls into it or not, I just really have to go potty.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2009, 08:44:13 pm »

I jump into the hole in the Space-Time continuum, and arrive back before I jumped.  I then stop myself from jumping.  After a few seconds for the true nature of the paradox to take hold in reality, Frey A and Frey B will both jump into the hole in the Space-Time continuum, arrive back before they left, and stop themselves from leaving.  This will give us FreyA1, FreyA2, FreyB1, and FreyB2.  If all goes well, I'll have four perfectly functioning clones, which I can use to dominate this playing-field. (I could go on ad-infinitum, but that would cause the universe to crash, or at least drive FPS down to unbearably slow levels). 

Alternatively, if I arrive too far back in the past, I find my child-hood self, and teach him about the ways of martial arts, and tell him how to learn more, meaning he'll learn more than I did and be a better fighter for it.  Also tell him not to jump into the hole, thereby creating another paradox. 

If I arrive even farther back than that, I find my grandfather or other ancestor and kill him, just for more paradox fun. 

Finally, if I arrive in the future, I take solace in the fact that everyone else is, in all likelihood, dead at this point, meaning I won by virtue of being the last survivor.

This is going to go badly if I don't get a 5, isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:51:30 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2009, 08:49:16 pm »

Ya know I think he might just autofail you.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2009, 08:55:15 pm »

Hey, he's the one who introduced a hole in the space-time continuum.  I'm just using the tools I was given.

And to Nirur Torir, would that action be considered an auto-fail?

Also, what happened to the crowd action?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2009, 09:03:49 pm »

Said action is not considered to be an autofail, but attempts to do inanely powerful things need a 5 for any real effect and do Bad Things on a 1.

The crowd action?

... The chanting was what allowed the hole to appear. I'm not sure what happened to the crowd turn. I'll go edit that back in.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2009, 02:01:57 am »

I groupslash Orc and all that happen to be near him (excluding me, of course)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12