Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: UNHOLY ASSAULT! The vote has ended along with the RTD. Ending result are up.  (Read 23523 times)

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UNHOLY ASSAULT! ENEMIES SPOTTED!!. Turn 2 Wave 0
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 10:24:57 am »

oops, made a mistake in the skill system, holdon.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 10:25:27 am »

(so, I didn't pick the sword up?)

Barbarian like wavy sword! Barbarian grab wavy sword and ROAR at the creatures so they run away scared!

(well, um... yeah. Exactly how do you expect a barbarian to help set up a defence?)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 10:39:01 am »

Sometimes best defense is an offense. Sometimes.

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 10:46:05 am »

I order the peasants to arms, and give a speech to raise the morale of the folks
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 10:52:29 am »

I mix up a flammable potion and some booze and attach a fuse to it. Then, I prepare a weak fire spell to light the thing, and some explosive fireballs just in case.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 10:55:49 am »

"I MUST HAVE ROCK BLOCKS!"
"I MUST HAVE WOOD LOGS!"
"I MUST HAVE SHELLS!"
"I MUST HAVE SILK CLOTH!" (for the spikes)

So yea... just keep on with the mood.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 11:05:38 am »

lol it was a good thing you got that mood, was afraid you guys wouldn't have one on first wave... but now you may have an awesome mega project--defense-thing, hopefully it doesn't get smashed into bits by whats coming...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 11:27:40 am »

"Agrela, give me strength in the coming battle, so that I may defend these living humans from whatever abomination is coming."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 10:28:31 pm »

I take some of the peasants aside and ask them to help me gather herbs for my alchemy. Hopefully the locals know what the region's plants do.

Then I turn the plants into more Potions of Randomness.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UNHOLY ASSAULT! ENEMIES ONSIGHT!. Turn 3 Wave 1
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2009, 12:14:52 pm »

I'm sorry I couldn't get online on Friday.
two 1s, two discoveries

TURN 3 WAVE 1

Barbarian like wavy sword! Barbarian grab wavy sword and ROAR at the creatures so they run away scared!
[3] You pick up the ancient sword and run to the chokepoint where the enemy may come to, but Freys project blocks your path. You roar in anger and a few birds flew away. The runes on the sword glows abit.

I order the peasants to arms, and give a speech to raise the morale of the folks
[3] You try to gather the peasants when you realized they can be put to use at something else. Instead you turn to your small army of recruits and give a speech you thought was good, but it wasn't enough to rouse them up. Maybe if you give them the weapons the caravan dropped off, they would more likely fight.

I mix up a flammable potion and some booze and attach a fuse to it. Then, I prepare a weak fire spell to light the thing, and some explosive fireballs just in case.
[1] You grab a flammable potion and one of the drunks bottles. You then mix the two in hopes to make a makeshift molotov cocktail, but when you combine the two it violently reacts into a bubbly sticky paste and covers your entire left arm with the bottle! You have seemed to create some kind of new paste.

"I MUST HAVE ROCK BLOCKS!"
"I MUST HAVE WOOD LOGS!"
"I MUST HAVE SHELLS!"
"I MUST HAVE SILK CLOTH!" (for the spikes)
So yea... just keep on with the mood.
[5] You finally finish.
Sanrebustuth, "Ownedfences", a limestone gate
I giant wall with a gate(can close flip of a lever) and bridge(closes outward), 2 tower at each end that then connect to the mountains with staircases that lead to top of the wall. Made out of limestone studded with shells. It menaces with spikes of birch wood(Things can get impaled on them). Decorated with cloth paintings(Picturing the event of Rodgers dragging.).And has 3 weapon platform(can be fitted with ballistae, catapults, or the such. It is currently the only thing standing between the incoming enemy and the town. The gate is currently[5] Closed along with the bridge raised.
Gained lvl5 builder/architecture
"Agrela, give me strength in the coming battle, so that I may defend these living humans from whatever abomination is coming."
[3] You start preying when the magpies start pecking your shoes. Content with preying you ignore them.  The god is happy you didn't forget him.
+1 to divine stuff.
I take some of the peasants aside and ask them to help me gather herbs for my alchemy. Hopefully the locals know what the region's plants do
Then I turn the plants into more Potions of Randomness.
[4] You tell the peasants you are in need of any herbs or plants to make more potions to aid in the defense, they understand and there are now 10 gatherers(use a turn to gather stuff.) While they go hunt for more ingredients, you take some of the left over wolfweed and try to see what you can make of them.[1] You try to grind them into something when you accidentally sniffed in some of it's dust! You start getting bulker and getting a strong urge to... to...SMASH!! +2 to smashy actions, -2 to non smashy actions for 2 turns.
There are 2 wolfweeds left.
Gained lvl1 leadership.
Quote from: Village folk
Builders:Waiting for orders.
Recruits:Waiting for orders.
Gatherers:6: They bring back baskets full of herbs! But in their hurry to fulfill Shorukes quest they mixed them up, making it hard to find anything specific.
Quote from: Scout
Find crossbow and ammo.
[2] The scout tries to find a ranged weapon, but couldn't find it under the mess the caravan master made in his hurry.
Quote from: Enemy!
Appearance.
[3]
They are now here and can be seen. There is 7 giants holding large clubs.  They are now approaching the gate! That is all you can make them out for now.

Background check: 6. It is dawn. 7 giants are approaching the gate. Depot is filled with assorted items and weapons. No birds in sight. And a waterfall can be heard behind the Slipperytooth mountain

Ingame stats: (Turn3 Wave 1)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zasit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rodger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: barbarian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)

I'm sure there's a mistake or two.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:14:37 pm by knightedskull »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2009, 12:21:53 pm »

Um... uh...

RARR! SHORK SMASH! By throwing rocks.

Big rocks.

At the giants.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:47:24 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2009, 12:27:22 pm »

They be giants. Also, the mighty swing skill disappeared again.

Barbarian GWRAAAAAR! Barbarian jump on giant! Barbarian lop off giant's head!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2009, 01:11:45 pm »

Crap must have used an old copy of the player stats... holdon.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2009, 01:42:48 pm »

I yell out "TO THE WALLS!" to the recruits, and to the builders, I call "FORM AN ARROW BRIGADE" so they will supply the recruits with needed ammunition.

Then I personally grab a rope, swing down from the walls, and charge at the giants in the most dramatic way possible. (that counts as heading into battle, right?)

Another quick question: what, exactly, does being a lvl5 builder do for me?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:07:49 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2009, 02:22:44 pm »

makes you an awesome builder?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14