Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2136915 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #9975 on: December 22, 2016, 01:22:01 pm »

Why. Are. They. Bringing drunken children into the hospital?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: December 22, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »

One time I embarked and I thought I had a really good start and then I realized I didn't load up any farmers.
Heh. I never bring any, myself.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: December 22, 2016, 07:41:40 pm »

One time I embarked and I thought I had a really good start and then I realized I didn't load up any farmers.
I never bring any, I just set a random dwarf to herbalist and he makes enough food to sustain my fort until I have a fulltime farmer.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: January 01, 2017, 12:00:59 am »

I offered to the dwarven caravan a pile of cloth and goblets worth 2.5 million (approximated from created wealth) . Then I looked at exported wealth after the caravan left.

It did not count the 2.5 million in offerings, just the 12k I used to buy stuff with.

At least my fps will benefit. :'(
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: January 01, 2017, 01:08:36 am »

I offered wooden bin to elves along with my bronze sceptres, thus forcing me to seize their black bear cage. At least I killed their diplomat.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: January 01, 2017, 02:20:55 am »

I offered to the dwarven caravan a pile of cloth and goblets worth 2.5 million (approximated from created wealth) . Then I looked at exported wealth after the caravan left.

It did not count the 2.5 million in offerings, just the 12k I used to buy stuff with.

And your way ahead of the game on that aspect of attracting the monarch.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: January 01, 2017, 06:04:37 pm »

And your way ahead of the game on that aspect of attracting the monarch.

-Meanwhile, in the mountain homes-
Dwarf Noble: Your majesty, the tributes from the city of Earthrule have arrived. 
Dwarf Queen: Ah good, where are they? Show them to me.
    -10 dwarves walk in, each carrying a masterwork golden goblet-
Dwarf Queen: By Armok, look at these beautiful treasures. These goblets will be the centerpieces of my dinning room.
Dwarf Noble: These ones? They're just the first few they carried in.
Dwarf Queen: What? there's more? Take me to them.
   -They walk outside, and her jaw drops at seeing the massive pile of uncountable treasures-
Dwarf Queen: Sweet Armok!
Dwarf Noble: The merchants said they lost three dwarves to exhaustion trying to carry all of them. They were all loose for some reason.
Dwarf Queen: How many master metalworkers must have labored to make all these in within three years.
Dwarf Noble: Well, the records say these were all made by a 13 year old girl in around one year.
Dwarf Queen:...........
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 06:08:14 pm by Ironfang »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: January 02, 2017, 09:10:48 pm »

Setting up an automatic train route in factorio.

Got everything working just so.

Flipped the switch to automatic so I could ride the train and check to make sure everything works.

Forgot to get in train first. Was standing in front of train at time of activation of said train.

Choo choo
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: January 03, 2017, 12:17:21 pm »

The first migration wave reached my fortress: the 9 dwarves entered the map... 2 squares away from a pack of wolves.

Only 3 migrants reached the entrance, while 2 more escaped, but couldn't make it: they are on the ground outside of the fortress, gravely wounded. I don't have any kind of hospital yet.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Blabatron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: January 04, 2017, 08:33:34 pm »

Signing up for this forum. And not playing the game. #thuglife
JK the hashtag, not the game thing though :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes, but I don't want to be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it but heroes will share it with the other people. I want all the meat!"

-Monkey D. Luffy

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: January 04, 2017, 09:33:12 pm »

Traders come to above ground trade outpost

Traders dump their leader, and leave

doesnt say they left tho

Look around in animals, they left behind a caged animal?

They left nearly everything behind..
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: January 04, 2017, 10:27:03 pm »

I had traders freak out when a whole lot of kea men and women decided to fly very high over the trade depot, even though my dwarves always ignore them. Absolute carnage as they shot the kea men and women, and the flying people attacked.... and then my animals were scattered, and the traders eventually left. I'm moving the trade depot underground. Damn troublecausers.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: January 05, 2017, 07:04:52 am »

I had a
Fun time of that happening with giant Keas. It ended with a herbalist getting caught in a kea's wings and getting choked to death. The keas didn't even steal anything, not even any of the herbalists gear or the nice free arrows the humans gave out.

The keas were just bloodthirsty. Greed is understandable, but this bird just wanted to see my dwarf die slowly.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: January 05, 2017, 11:27:20 am »

Man... those Giant Keas are bringing my fortress down, and they haven't done anything yet!

There is this flock that apparently enjoys showing up, flying above my fortress just low enough to scare every living thing outside, then leave.

My depot is there, so I sometimes have to wait for hours as the animals run away before trading.

My grazing animals are there, so I will sometimes have to stop all progress so my dwarves can gather everyone back.

It took me 4 times longer than usual to build a wall around the entrance, not to mention the INSANE delays in the construction of my tavern.

All for those damn keas.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: January 05, 2017, 02:32:56 pm »

Urist McBroker got his ass stuck on the other side of the river while the bridge was still under construction

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 729