Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.2(40d) - 31.02 version pending & In Trouble  (Read 5810 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

The major themes of this mod are the pseudo-comedic figures known as clowns, fools, jesters, and mimes.

I may not have been able to make them funny, but I was at least able to make them fun.  Think acid-pies, mimes with weightless invisible weapons and armor, bloodsucking clowns, jesters that paralyze you with the sound of their bells and claw you to death, and fools that attack from the wilds as guerrilla groups. 

After years of mocking, they are ready for revenge.  And they expect laughs.

-Clowns can suck blood and have a high damage resistance.  The live in dark towers and steal children from other civilizations.  They wield fierce weapons such as acidic pies, giant joy-buzzer traps, and the mighty balloon swords.  Their agility allows them to avoid any traps.
-Mimes have "invisible" armor and weapons.  The "invisible" armor isn't really invisible, they can be seen just like any other item, but they are practically weightless.  Mimes do not speak, and you will war with them often.  This can be a real challenge, as every mime is armed with a full range of invisible weapons that they will randomly cycle through during combat.  The weapons cannot be used by other races.  Like clowns, they avoid traps.
-Jesters are wild creatures that clowns occasionally take with them, in addition to trolls and the other usual evil animals.  Jesters will use their bells to produce sounds capable of paralyzing anyone too close to the creature.
-Fools are the weakest of the comedian tribes, and rely on guerrilla warfare for successful attacks.  They have no homelands and no names.  They simply wander the wilds, waiting for victims.  They are sometimes captured and trained as laborers.
-This mod also adds in some new Fun, if you know what I mean.  Sometimes the Fun leads clown civilizations.

Version 1.2 is now up.  Go forth, and face your fear of clowns with dwarven steel at your side!  Or possibly have that fear instilled in you if you don't already have it.  Either way, should be fun.

Changes since the first: 
--The entities are more refined
  --clowns and mimes are trapavoid,
  --mimes have had their invisible weapons built into them now, so each one, all of which are
     wrestlers, are extremely deadly
  --New HFS clowns.
  --some minor fixes concerning creature and civ spawning.  Everything should show up now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:39:40 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns: a work in progress]
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 06:09:15 pm »

O_O

That is...quite honestly terrifying.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 06:28:53 pm »

"Can't sleep, clowns will eat me!"

A classic. I look forward to seeing this mod, bravo!

Rochndil, who thinks that pies should menace with spikes of death...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 06:42:24 pm »

Make sure you create a Joker character creature.

I just realized that this could be even more amazing after the next release (and not just because of the ability to dictate the materials for 'em), by making a civilization of these things involving all of these creatures as different castes. And a Joker or It or Charlie Chaplin as the leader.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 07:27:01 pm »

heh.  I actually want to avoid putting in things like The Joker (from Batman) or It, but things like It and the common fear of clowns are inspiration for this.

I was planning on making them separate races, maybe have clowns as a megabeast or a wild evil animal, and mimes being the major civ.  Possibly even ruled by clowns.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 07:36:12 pm »

Clown Vampires. Jugglers, throwing acid pies.

What about Lion Tamers? WIth GREAT LION MOUNTS! ROARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 10:36:15 am »

What about Lion Tamers? WIth GREAT LION MOUNTS! ROARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

So what mounts would the mimes have?

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 11:35:40 am »

clown cars of course.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 12:03:45 pm »

"Looks like I caught a wild herd of...Clown Cars?"
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 12:23:44 pm »

invisible lions.

That can still remove your face.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 03:48:36 pm »

Making them use specific mounts may be tricky, but I think that's definitely something I'm going to give a shot.  Although, lion tamers probably won't go in - they aren't exactly meant to be comedic figures - unless I decide to expand this to a full-blown circus mod once the clowns and stuff are done.  But I want to get those done first.
Just so I remember

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 03:51:26 pm »

Okay.

What are the "dwarves"?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 04:26:08 pm »

The same as in vanilla.  This is going to add stuff in, not replace it.  That said, mimes will need to be vicious to make up for that.  They can't speak, so you should be fighting them all the time.  I might make them adventure mode playable, too.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 01:19:41 pm »

Version 0.1 Beta is now up for testing (link on original post), with clowns and mimes partially in.  More details are on the OP.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: IT mod [clowns] v. 1.0b
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 01:09:26 pm »

IT is now complete, at least as far as original plans go, and fully functional.  Have fun, y'all.

Here are some tips, if you don't want to find out on your own:
Spoiler: Clowns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mimes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jesters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fools (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:44:21 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember
Pages: [1] 2