Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: corpse problems  (Read 497 times)

PfatBudz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
corpse problems
« on: April 20, 2009, 12:03:00 pm »

This is only my second fortress so this may have a simple solution I am missing, but I am having issues with the corpse of a dwarf.

One of the children from my second immigration wave got in a mood one day and stood in a craftshop waiting for rocks and shells. I had no idea were to get shells so I left him there hoping he would forget it eventually. After a while he just went insane and began attacking so my military put him down.

Now he is dead in the middle of my workshops and I cant get anyone to remove him. I have a graveyard and have begun construction of some coffins, but nobody came to move him. I took one dwarf and removed all the highlighted labors except for burial, but it still isnt being moved.

Is there something specific I have to do in order to get this body out?

It has begun to decay and I have miasma all over the place.

Also how long until it turns to bone if I cant find a solution.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: corpse problems
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:12:30 pm »

Is his body forbidden?  K over it to find out.  Curly braces around the corpse item means it's forbidden and no dwarf will touch it (press f to reclaim).

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:30:34 pm »

I have something like this. About 16 years ago some stupid dog died in my workshop area. The bones haven't decayed because its inside, nor have they been moved to a coffin or graveyard. Not forbidden, marked for dump. They're still there.

Any other dog, however, is immediately put in the refuse corpse stockpile outside, and when decayed, the bones are moved to the bone and skull stockpile for bonecrafting..

Think I'll try the graveyard again, and otherwise Ill remove the floor tile and make it light so it disappears..

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 12:45:00 pm »

^^^ That was a different problem:

000833 □ [dwarf mode][jobs][burial] (Report) the bodies of tame animals that weren't pets can't be buried or butchered, including work dogs

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 12:47:02 pm »

000833 □ [dwarf mode][jobs][burial] (Report) the bodies of tame animals that weren't pets can't be buried or butchered, including work dogs

Indeed, the dogs are hauled to the refuse stockpile, like I mentioned.. but one dog wasn't, and still isn't! Baffling!

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 01:14:01 pm »

Indeed, the dogs are hauled to the refuse stockpile, like I mentioned.. but one dog wasn't, and still isn't! Baffling!

Baffling indeed ... there is only one solution: Magma.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.