Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Improve DF´s by 40% with one simple addition.  (Read 2421 times)

Belathus

• Bay Watcher
  • huzzah for home automation
    • View Profile
Re: Improve DF´s by 40% with one simple addition.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:16 am »

I'd love this for [d]esignations or [k]ing.  Like, when I want to specifically mine out a vein, instead of hitting "[d]-(mousing)-[space]\r"

Obviously, it'd need to be toggleable.
Nothing to see here.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 06:25:47 am »

Wasn't that about 'v'-ing over units, instead?  And Toady said it wouldn't work because of how units move constantly?  Or am I thinking of a different thread?

I meant 'v', 'd' and everything basically. He might have said that, I don't remember, it was something along those lines maybe. And it was on the old board so I can't find it.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:43 am »

You can still search the old board:

When people talk about right-click context menus for every tile and to get at creature interfaces etc., I'm wondering how you guys are picturing that working with pause/unpause and larger tiles (and so possibly fewer displayed depending on resolution).  If they are zipping around, you wouldn't really be able to use the right button effectively, since you'd miss all the time, as far as I can tell (having it pick the closest wouldn't work since people want info for all tiles and sometimes there are a lot of critters running around), but the whole pause-to-do-anything paradigm is sort of weird as well.  Were you still imagining being paused when you do things?  Did the unpaused view work any differently?  Making everything move smoothly between tiles and/or more slowly is off the table for the purposes of my inquiry here.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 05:18:20 am »

I didn't post in that thread, and I realise it's impractical in some instances unless a workaround can be found.

And how do you search the old board? If I click my name, I can't get any posts prior to mid 2008 or something

EDIT: Found it, turns out I was exaggerating when I said "Years ago"

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=21528.msg230910#msg230910

EDIT2: No I'm sure I made a topic about it before that, 'cause I remember Toady answered it personally.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:33:38 am by codezero »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 07:38:43 am »

I see no possible downside for a alternative "unpause" (maybe triggerable in the init?)
Pages: 1 [2]