Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Related to the 'Elves bring dead animals' bug  (Read 432 times)

Zeg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Related to the 'Elves bring dead animals' bug
« on: April 19, 2009, 06:07:42 am »

I'm fairly sure I've seen this mentioned on the forums before, but my elves aren't bringing dead animals, just ones with internal injuries. I remember people speculating it was something to do with temperature, but thats not the main reason I'm posting.

The slightly more interesting extension of this bug I've found is that when I butcher the injured animals, I get meat and bones, but no fat or skull... which gives me creepy images in my mind of strange headless animals from the elves 'taming' techniques heheh.

En3rgy_MAX

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Got dwarves?
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Related to the 'Elves bring dead animals' bug
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »

Yeah, this was on the forums, and I just saw it yesterday. The dead/mortally injured animals with no fat depends on your environment. If you live in a desert, I think they start to lose fat and die from heat. I'm quessing there would be consequences for a below-freezing climate, dry, or a few others. I hope this explains it, and is as right as I remember ;].

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Related to the 'Elves bring dead animals' bug
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:19:29 pm »

No - fat quantity is hardcoded in 40d. And that doesn't explain the lack of skull.

Maybe it's a bug in the code that creates the animals - usually it kills them, this time it doesn't but their fat and skulls are missing.