Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Challenges  (Read 3327 times)

Jakkarra

Re: Challenges
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 10:04:14 am »

keep em coming lads!

could i ask, however, how to create a custom spoiler like creamcorn's? i tried just copying it but it failed :c

i reserve the right to very slightly change the contents or title of a challenge, for spelling issues and such. if you have a problem with this, mention it in a post and ill revert the changes :D

Love, jakkarra

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 11:07:03 am »

i dont know how to name it, but here is the selfimplied challenge i use, i go for all the standard things and try to get as much from the bonus i can

* one of your starting dwarves gets your name
- bonus: give this dwarf social skills on embark and low worktasks, so he/she(/it) remains the leader/major
* your fort has not to be abdoned, except "you" die
- bonus: dont use your dwarf locked away, make him a hunter or military
- double bonus: if you used the leader type, abdon if you dont get reelected
* dont use megatraps, as atomsmasher, irregular long trap corridors, drowning chambers, etc., you may use a few cage and stonefalltraps, but restrict them and dwarfs should be able to run around them
- bonus: dont use traps at all
* build your military fort aboveground in a neat little castle
- bonus: avoid moats
* avoid crossbows, you may have a few for hunter and a squad to take out enemy ranged, but your main military force uses dwarfy axe-to-goblinface combat
- bonus: all melee
* your biome must have any source of water, is it a murky pool that refills nicely or a brook
- bonus: carp infested river or underground river as only but dangerous sources
* use not to not to easy biomes, like a tundra or a desert with low vegetation, big evil mountains, etc.
- bonus: war with elves on embark is recommend
* use engineering to build neat features, dont be a munchkin missuses game mechanism for easy and efficent gaming, like sewers for water input-output (the sewers should be able to drain a flood the fort inccident)
- bonus: magma floor warming in a tundra abovegroundfort (makes a real neat oasis as snow melts ^^)
* dont seal yourself off, if the enemy breaks the military, your fort is doomed
- bonus: build a city wide and open, no walls or moats hindering the enemy at all
* build some monmentum, like a huge 15+ zlevel dwarfshaped statue
- bonus: engineer something to use water and/or magma to make it even more awesome, like a magmabreathing dragon, fountain wells (as far it is possible) and stuff
* if you have magma (and water anyway) build some kind of obsidian factory
- bonus: build it aboveground with (steam)cimneys and other factorylike features
* no willingly killing of dwarfs, except you try to do some kind of hermit challenge
- bonus: dont get dwarfs killed at all
* keep nobles happy, dont get rid of them, dwarves are lawful not chaotic
- bonus: keep all dwarfs happy
* dont modify the game with overpowred features, like add damblock to dwarfes, stone to gold melting, etc.
bonus a: play vanilla
bonus b: only use mods to make the game more challenging, plants grow 3/4 of a year and can only seeded on one month, add negative damblock to dwarfes, etc.
* no booze cooking
bonus: no seed cooking either
* cats and dogs are not for food or other industries
bonus: still use cats and dogs, to avoid catsplosion or dogsplosion, you may dump them into magma/pit or mod them to slower reproduction
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:12:24 am by Rhenaya »
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Jakkarra

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 11:23:17 am »

ill add that rhenaya, as soon as i think of a name.....

Incidentally, can anyone come up with the rules for a "The Truman urist Show" challenge? it could be quite nice...

Love, jakkarra

halberdear

• Bay Watcher
  • Ronald has gone mad!
    • View Profile
anti penguin society
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 11:33:57 am »

hello,i am QuakeIV's brother, and i have designed the logo for the anti penguin society, it features our anti penguin gecko. heres the link:
http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt355/spy899999999/?action=view&current=antipenguinsociety.gif
We have received word of a possible syndicate nuke squad in the area. We are now detonating the station to prevent nuclear destruction. Please stand by.

Jakkarra

Re: anti penguin society
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 11:35:46 am »

hello,i am QuakeIV's brother, and i have designed the logo for the anti penguin society, it features our anti penguin gecko. heres the link:
http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt355/spy899999999/?action=view&current=antipenguinsociety.gif

Um? whats all this about? are you in the correct forum mate? trolling, what?

Love, jakkarra

halberdear

• Bay Watcher
  • Ronald has gone mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Re:anti penguin society
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 11:39:58 am »

well,my brother plays this game, and penguin avatars are infesting the forums. my brother and this other guy are starting an anti penguin society and i designed the logo, and i couldnt find a good forum section to post it in so i just sort of slapped it into a random one
We have received word of a possible syndicate nuke squad in the area. We are now detonating the station to prevent nuclear destruction. Please stand by.

Jakkarra

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 11:59:02 am »

oh,right, i believe that there IS an anti-penguin thread over yonder in Various Nonesense.

have a look.

if not, you can always create your own thread, but i dont really see the deal with it. its Just like the time people protested against me signing off my posts with "love jakkarra".
meh, whatever.

Love, jakkarra

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 12:42:32 pm »

Invasion challenge
 - Mod in several hostile civs. Preferably enough that you are being sieged at least three times a year
 - At least 50% of your population must be in the military at all times. Fortress/royal guards don't count
 - All dwarves must use melee weapons (no wrestling, no crossbows)
 - No traps, no sealing the fortress, every invading force must be engaged and driven off
 - Any military dwarf that dies must be given at least a Mausoleum
 * Bonus points: Use only leather armor, or no armor
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 12:51:20 pm »

Dig out most of the bottom of the map, create a couple islands, and flood it with magma. For best results, dampen island beforehand so you can grow things on it, or expose the islands to the sky so trees and grass will grow on em'. And build a fortress on these islands and possibly the central support.

Jakkarra

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 01:00:32 pm »

name for the challenge please Glacies  ;D

love, jakkarra

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 09:52:07 pm »

Challenge:  Civil War!

get 2 male/female couples from your starting dwarves.  build 2 seperate towers for the couples.  let the other dwarves die and any immigrants.  wait until the couples have at least 30 adult children each.  create lots of atom-smashing, flooding, magma traps in each tower to be controlled by levers and pressure plates from the other tower.  set all levers to be pulled at the same time.  see who lives.  uber bonus for vids of it.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 05:39:06 am »

Underground-sea, or Magma-sea.

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:20 am »

Challenge: The chosen one

Choose one of your starting seven, it doesnt matter which, and they must be YOUR SOLE DEFENCE. No seige engines, or traps of any kind are allowed, they may have sparring partners but they may not fight, only the chosen one must fight. You may use dwarf companion to heal spinal or brain injuries, BUT NONE ELSE.

BONUS: Have them lose a limb, or an eye
UBERBONUS: Get them to take out a HFS, by themselves

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 12:26:43 pm »

i really cant think of a real name for it :>
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 06:42:35 pm »

Sub marine base

make a base under the sea, extra points if you have a boat made of wood attached to it

a variant is that you build a fortress and then flood everything around it with magma!
Pages: 1 [2] 3