Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wounded organs  (Read 630 times)

castun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wounded organs
« on: April 18, 2009, 11:06:27 pm »

Do internal organs only show up on the wound list if they're wounded?

I've got a dwarf who's been unconscious for like a year now, with only a minor wounded leg, no apparent head trauma, and he hasn't healed or woken up yet?  Might be time to wall him off and write him off as a loss...

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded organs
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:07:28 pm »

Yes, they only show up when they are wounded.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 11:11:03 pm »

Since you had two pretty straight-forward questions you could have just made one thread..

If by minor wound you mean yellow (broken) that's not very minor. If you mean he's just bruised it (light gray, brown) then there's something odd. He should be up and about have you checked to see if you can scroll down on his wound list? If he suffers spinal injuries, brain injuries, knee, guts, lung, heart ... whatever y'know? It shows up down there.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

castun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 11:18:15 pm »

Yes, it was just a broken leg.  I wasn't able to scroll on the wound list at all so there's no internal organ damage.  Oddly enough, he appears to have woken up when he was seized by a strange mood, and now hobbled his way to a craftshop.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 11:23:38 pm »

Yes, it was just a broken leg.  I wasn't able to scroll on the wound list at all so there's no internal organ damage.  Oddly enough, he appears to have woken up when he was seized by a strange mood, and now hobbled his way to a craftshop.

They always do that. Even with a broken spine.
And as I understand it the healing of dorfs depend on their toughness or something and it basically means that the better they are they have a higher % chance to heal. I have a situation in which a legendary wrestler and a child got hurt during a cave-in. The child is on his way to heal but the damned wrestler is taking his time.

A roll of the dice .. your guy WILL heal. Especially now with his rise to legendary craftsdwarf.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 12:01:02 am »

Keep in mind that minor wounds (light gray) ook a lot like missing appendages (dark gray). The latter will cause your dwarves to be in constant pain because scarring isn't implemented yet.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 12:08:25 am »

Yes, it was just a broken leg.  I wasn't able to scroll on the wound list at all so there's no internal organ damage.

That was my first question - important for anyone reading to remember to try that, scrolling to "the next page of injuries", parts that usually aren't listed.

There is no guaranteed time limit on healing - it's a % each season, so one terribly maimed dorf might heal in a year while his twin might take a decade or more.

Take the philosophy that he's lost - if he reappears one day, it's mana.