Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I am not pleased, Dwarf Fortress Forum  (Read 3581 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: I am not pleased, Dwarf Fortress Forum
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 02:16:50 pm »

My picks were lost during the great confusion, but I always find the reclaiming clutter annoying enough to make me abandon. I'm weathering this out, this fort survived a bunch of crap before, it will survive. I'm just not in the mood to deal with this:

Ninja edit:Four elegible dwarves do not make a tantrum spiral.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 02:17:27 pm »

Just give one person an artifact. Everything goes downhill from there.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 02:21:21 pm »

I still nominate gravity.

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 02:26:12 pm »

I wish you could turn off nobles somewhere.

Apparently no one wants to risk their lives to a cursed death trap like that, but the nobles keep on coming, year after year?

"Ah, my fellow baron and consort. This shitty dump will now be our home. Let's mandate crap that's not useful for anything, demand expensive items and rooms that can't even be built right now. I'm not going to lift a damn finger to do any of this, though."

salttotart

• Bay Watcher
  • Ackbar is always right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 03:07:05 pm »

"Ah, my fellow baron and consort. This shitty dump will now be our home. Let's mandate crap that's not useful for anything, demand expensive items and rooms that can't even be built right now. I'm not going to lift a damn finger to do any of this, though."

That's getting sigged.
If this all doesn't fix it, your dwarfs are lazy. Apply magma.
"And thereafter, all dwarven children were taught to mind their stools, lest the toilet-fiends snatch their souls from their bottoms"
Try rubbing a cat on it, that seems to help.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 04:36:04 pm »

My picks were lost during the great confusion, but I always find the reclaiming clutter annoying enough to make me abandon. I'm weathering this out, this fort survived a bunch of crap before, it will survive. I'm just not in the mood to deal with this:

Tell me you saved this one.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 09:02:01 pm »

Imagine when Toady allows constructed wooden walls to catch fire.
Draft the bucket brigade!
Btw Toonyman what exactly is your picture of? I was watching those little trolls for a while but I have no idea what's going on!
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 10:47:03 pm »

Btw Toonyman what exactly is your picture of? I was watching those little trolls for a while but I have no idea what's going on!

God, yes.

I was hoping someone else would ask that, eventually.  ???

salttotart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 10:52:02 pm »

God, yes.

I was hoping someone else would ask that, eventually.  ???
I sent him a PM earlier today asking the same thing.  Glad to see I'm not the only one having a problem of recognition.
"And thereafter, all dwarven children were taught to mind their stools, lest the toilet-fiends snatch their souls from their bottoms"

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 11:41:13 pm »

It is a scene from The 10th Kingdom, a weird TV miniseries.

Here is the YouTube clip of the scene.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 11:43:53 pm »

I think I had a reverse of this, which is unexpected, unplanned for, unwanted success and enjoyment from what was supposed to be a 3-year fortress.

I started a 2x2 fortress for the exclusive purpose of getting adamantine that I could grab in adventure mode and deposit in a different embark site. It was just crazy enough to work!

Turns out I got so engrossed with that stupid fortress, I ended up with 125+ dwarves, 10+ year fortress with a vast military, engraved/smoothed EVERYTHING in the fort, a king, nobles and due to never backing up the file and a significant history of save-scumming via task manager, I corrupted my world gen and all my planning was for naught from NEMESIS UNIT errors and that sort of shit I didn't realize happened when you did that.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2009, 12:33:27 am »

Ninja edit:Four elegible dwarves do not make a tantrum spiral.

Unless I missed something, that Count and Countess will do a great job of re-populating your fort.  Specifically, they will have 1 (or possibly more if you are lucky) child a year.  You just need to wait 12 years for the first one to be an adult so he can work.  To speed up the process, be sure to get your last male married off as soon as possible.

Also, if you got any other male nobles, get them married off too.  Nothing like some good old fashioned population growth to bring the nobles off their high horses!
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

salttotart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2009, 11:15:22 am »

It is a scene from The 10th Kingdom, a weird TV miniseries.

Here is the YouTube clip of the scene.

THANK YOU!  God that's been bugging me.  I've got that min-series on VHS,too.  I con't believe I didn't remember that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]