Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Identified Lags, etc.  (Read 941 times)

Indra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Identified Lags, etc.
« on: April 18, 2009, 03:16:43 pm »

Noticed two thus far.

[1] When "trapped" dwarves (due to lifetime imprisonment through direct intervention) get moody. Framerate is fixed when you release them (and kill them later...muahaha).

[2] When "trapped" tamed animals (serving as a forward look out for goblin ambushes) are assigned to be butchered. Framerate is fixed when you eat them. Preferbly with granite stuffing.

---

Odd occurance.

Somehow managed to unintentionally capture a giant eagle (Yay! -and with only 1 trap, I might add). Somehow it got duplicated while I was taming. Now I have 2 (Yay!). [actually, I released the giant eagle, and found another sitting in the cage).

Note #1: There was only 1 giant eagle to begin with.
Note #2: Eagle is female, but she didn't reproduce while she was in the wild (unless, there is a "breed more in captivity" feature I'm not aware of).

Minor gripes.
- My kingdom for a "repeat treaty agreement" option. I still want to import the same goods from last year.
- When running from the goblins, please run to the direction of the fortress. Not that dead end with a big Sasquatch waiting for a side dish.
- My kingdom for a search item feature in the stocks page (like when trading).
- Ability to zoom to item assigned to dwarf, when looking at the jobs page.

Thank you.

[edit] Wonder if this was intentional. In [40c] I noticed that dwarves with legendary combat status cannot have dogs assigned to them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 03:25:01 pm by Indra »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Identified Lags, etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 07:02:44 pm »

Somehow managed to unintentionally capture a giant eagle (Yay! -and with only 1 trap, I might add). Somehow it got duplicated while I was taming. Now I have 2 (Yay!). [actually, I released the giant eagle, and found another sitting in the cage).

Note #1: There was only 1 giant eagle to begin with.
Note #2: Eagle is female, but she didn't reproduce while she was in the wild (unless, there is a "breed more in captivity" feature I'm not aware of).

She might have arrived pregnant.  That's said to happen.

Indra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:16:44 pm »

Here's another odd one. Had several mortally wounded and unconscious dwarves trapped with a goblin in an enclosed room. The dwarves refused to die either from hunger or thirst for several seasons.

Problem fixed, after goblin was exterminated (e.g. normal death from hunger/thirst).

Thank you.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 03:16:26 pm »

Here's another odd one. Had several mortally wounded and unconscious dwarves trapped with a goblin in an enclosed room. The dwarves refused to die either from hunger or thirst for several seasons.

Problem fixed, after goblin was exterminated (e.g. normal death from hunger/thirst).

Thank you.

Hmm, is this an actual lag slowing the game down or just a bug in general?  It might deserve a thread of its own!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Indra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:49:54 pm »

Thank you.

Hmm, is this an actual lag slowing the game down or just a bug in general?  It might deserve a thread of its own!
No, sorry. This one just a bug, no lag.

ShadeJS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 12:52:34 pm »

She might have arrived pregnant.  That's said to happen.

Actually, I just had this happen with an elephant. So there were 3 in the cage :) I captured a fourth, tamed them, and now live in meat / leather / totem paradise. Frack cows...

(I also have an untamed lion in a cage... I keep her around for my 3 strikes justice system for nobles.)