Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51

Author Topic: ToonyMan is an IDIOT  (Read 40739 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why not?
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2009, 09:19:15 pm »

Height: 5 feet 11.5 inches
Weight: 137 lbs

I've been told that I'm "way too obese for a normal kid" when there is someone a foot shorter and 100 lbs heavier than me in the same class. I've got literally no athletic coordination and cannot hit a stationary tetherball. Other kids make fun of me for this. I've never cheated, broken any rules, done anything illegal. Other kids brag about cheating on tests and buying tickets to cheap movies, so they can skip on in to the new releases. Guess what makes me smile? I'm one of six or seven kids who aren't going to fail the 8th grade. I just got a $1000 scholarship, only the teachers acknowledged it.

I feel like a kindred spirit.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2009, 09:36:17 pm »

grats sonerohi!

I've actually been called fat when there was a kid six inches taller than me and THREE TIMES my weight sitting two seats ahead of me.

I've got literally no athletic coordination.

Running requires you only to be able to swing your arms and legs.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2009, 09:51:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure I barely passed 8th grade.

Throughout elementary school, I did nothing. I failed every class. I read on my own. That was my education. By 6th grade, I was reading at a college level.

I'm living proof that grades are meaningless, and the people who chase after A's are mostly fools trapped on the huge rodent exercise wheel of public education. Our society is pretty disgusting, sometimes.

Yes, I am bitter and arrogant.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2009, 10:39:52 pm »

Throughout elementary school, I did nothing. I failed every class. I read on my own. That was my education. By 6th grade, I was reading at a college level.

I'm living proof that grades are meaningless, and the people who chase after A's are mostly fools trapped on the huge rodent exercise wheel of public education. Our society is pretty disgusting, sometimes.

So am I, well somewhat. I just hate the fact that the city school administration that I live under, feels that having an all uniform eduacation system, (all previous schools had their own free will to make their grading system) will help everyone prosper in the long run.

All because of the god damn superintendent, god damn I hate those in charge who's only thought is to help them selfs and not others and especially when they finnaly decide to help someone they never take into consideration of those others who may be affected by their decision. Dammit.

Oh yeah, basically the administration in my school feels that lowering standards will help kids suceed... yeah the decision certainly helps others but not the majority. It's fairly complicated, I don't know all the nooks and crannys, although I can state that my teachers have expressed ill well remarks to this decision. My core class teachers have mentioned that it will certainly help a few.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2009, 11:42:00 pm »

I read college level in 4th grade and was still forced to read crappy picturebooks and 50-page 'novels' with my class.

The rodent wheel is only a rodent wheel if you literally have to scramble to keep up. I take it leisurely and beat the hell out of it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2009, 11:43:36 pm »

I read college level in 4th grade and was still forced to read crappy picturebooks and 50-page 'novels' with my class.

The rodent wheel is only a rodent wheel if you literally have to scramble to keep up. I take it leisurely and beat the hell out of it.
It sounds like you're wasting your time.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2009, 11:47:06 pm »

what else to do for eight hours a day?

(honestly, I only suffer through all the math and crap so that I can do the electives. I personally enjoy Band and Electronics.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2009, 06:02:57 am »

I was told yesterday that I was accepted to the National Honor Society.  Sounds good to me, I hear they help you get into a good college cheap.

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2009, 06:44:44 am »

Guess I'm a little like inaluct. I always got A's and B's on tests, but I tended to have poor grades because I never did homework. My mother started working in a library around the same time I started school and so we always had books around. I was reading at a 12th grade level in the 6th grade.

Of course, if you argue that grades are meaningless, evaluations like "reading at X level in X grade" lose a lot of their oomph.  :)

At the college level I've found that competent professors will assign homework that actually helps you learn the material. Getting decent grades also seemed more important when I started paying tuition out of pocket. It felt like a waste of money not to get as close to that 4.0 as possible.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2009, 07:00:10 am »

At 120, I am a larger Black Hole than you!

Seriously, McDonalds for a solid month caused me to loose weight. Beat that, LittleMan.

It looks like that most of the DF fans are dwarves!  ;D Either way I am a giant compared to you lads.
My height is 198cm [it's like 6'5] and my weight is 136kg [It's like 300 pounds]. I am not fat of course, I am lifting weights since 6 years now [body building] and I am practicing some martial arts also.  :)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2009, 07:04:34 am »

Oh yeah, I have the black hole problem. Wall, I say problem, it's more freaking awesome than a problem.

I have nothing of value to contribute

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2009, 08:24:52 am »

Meh.
I don't know about you guys, but chillies (or curries or spices. >_>) are a need here.
We eat it every day.
Food is bland if it's made without chillies.
Our tongue is accostumed to it.

Also, I don't know if I have black holes or not, but I certainly has fast metabolism...
Wait, I'll post my height and weight here, when I able to measure them again (in cm! and kg! Hail the metric system!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2009, 03:30:41 pm »

Meh.
I don't know about you guys, but chillies (or curries or spices. >_>) are a need here.
We eat it every day.
Food is bland if it's made without chillies.
Our tongue is accostumed to it.

Also, I don't know if I have black holes or not, but I certainly has fast metabolism...
Wait, I'll post my height and weight here, when I able to measure them again (in cm! and kg! Hail the metric system!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pft, metric, (all right fine it is more simplified and useful) but hey! We still use it here, (somewhat)

. . .

ATLEAST I GET BIGGER BOTTLES OF SODA AND ALCOHOL HERE!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2009, 03:37:46 pm »

AND BIGGER FONT!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2009, 04:00:39 pm »

THIS FONT IS ABOUT AN INCH IN HEIGHT.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51