Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51

Author Topic: ToonyMan is an IDIOT  (Read 40724 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Why not?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2009, 08:13:18 am »

I never knew how alien the culture of American high-schools would be until I found this forum.

That's probably because of the very diverse population of the States. Things are very different in Europe for example. [..and especially here in middle/east Europe  ;D]

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2009, 11:00:36 am »

I never knew how alien the culture of American high-schools would be until I found this forum.

That's probably because of the very diverse population of the States. Things are very different in Europe for example. [..and especially here in middle/east Europe  ;D]
My school has a bunch of different social and ethnic groups, but everyone in the 6th form just gets along.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2009, 02:15:05 pm »

I just found a tick on my leg, gah.  That's another reason I shouldn't of went fishing.  It's been there for 2 days I imagine, heh I didn't realize it was on me when I took a shower, but when I take a dump I notice it.   ::)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 02:23:53 pm »

I just found a tick on my leg, gah.  That's another reason I shouldn't of went fishing.  It's been there for 2 days I imagine, heh I didn't realize it was on me when I took a shower, but when I take a dump I notice it.   ::)

Why did you bold the 'z' in "realize"?

I'm not knowledgeable on the insect life in Connecticut, but over here in Michigan, there are patches of woods with literal clouds of mosquitos, to the point where if you don't come prepared to fight them off tooth and nail, you'll wind up not only covered in them, but taking a couple into your mouth every time you breath.

Don't even get me started on the species of mosquito that are size of golfballs. Those fuckers are horrifying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2009, 02:27:45 pm »

Don't know, I didn't think you would realize it.

Connecticut gets some bad ticks.  They're not big, but they sure are dangerous.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2009, 02:31:32 pm »

In response to the topic:
 Yes, wthere are idiots who will try to take you down because they don't know better. However, if you stop caring then you could very well turn out to be a selfish bastard like 'The Man' we so affectionately fight. Strive, be the best you can and surpass "the Man."

One thing to watch out for is the lie of doing only of what is required. A lot of talented people stop trying to become their best when they are already considered better than the idiots around them, so they don't strive anymore. Watch out for that.

I find the worst bugs are the ones whose inital bite you cannot feel, but hours later you will itch like a madman.
 ... Damn sand flies.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2009, 02:56:54 pm »

Didn't realize the tick was there until the next day when my leg felt it was on fire.  Ticks should be in DF.  Hee hee.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2009, 07:10:31 am »

You guys talk about the craziest things in life advice!

The only significant thing to happen to me lately is my danger of failing this year! Mostly due to unfinished projects, which I can revise any time, how cool is that? 8) Of course it also gives my school an excuse to have resonably high standards, god damn I AM SLACKING! I really only have this week left and the next four or so to even hope of making up all of my missed work!

It's alot of work to do. :( Btw I'm about 5'9 or so and weigh only 109 pounds
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2009, 07:45:51 am »

It's too cold (for most of the year) for ticks where I live.

Btw I'm about 5'9 or so and weigh only 109 pounds

another black hole?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 07:59:59 am »

Black hole is racially offensive. Call it other-side-of-the-color-spectrum hole.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 08:18:31 am »

Btw I'm about 5'9 or so and weigh only 109 pounds

Wow, you are very skinny!  :o

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2009, 08:55:20 am »

At 120, I am a larger Black Hole than you!

Seriously, McDonalds for a solid month caused me to loose weight. Beat that, LittleMan.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 09:20:27 am »

At 120, I am a larger Black Hole than you!

Seriously, McDonalds for a solid month caused me to loose weight. Beat that, LittleMan.

I think Mcdonalds for a month would cause more problems than weight loss...

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2009, 09:22:11 am »

Haha... Im 5'8 and somthing like 200 - 205. Havn't checked for about a month, but im sure eating the crap they serve in theme parks in L.A. for a week didn't help at all. Any ways, I dont know why, but I just cant understand why any one would make fun of you for geting good grades... Im in California, maby we have some diferent..I dono..Morals for lack of a better word. Also: People called you gay in karate class? Why would they do that.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2009, 12:17:10 pm »

Jumping into the thread, answering the questions!

I'm another 5' 9" 130lb person, though I have the advantage of having already been through highschool and the horror of teenage years (trying to go to grad school, but working until that can happen). Martial arts-wise, I went with Aikido, which focuses a lot on avoidance, redirection, breaking people's joints, and not spending energy beating people up. I highly recommend it, especially if you can find a teacher that a) you get along well with and b) who teaches the meditation/breathing side of it too.

I had the advantage of going through a high school with a reasonable proportion of kids motivated to do well and go to good colleges (like Mephansteras), but it was still a public school and there were still plenty of people who didn't care that they were failing.

The first trick is to find the other people who think like you, rather than the people who are satisfied to get B's and C's without effort. There may be people like that at your school, you've definitely found some here. Having that group makes it much easier to ignore the people bothering you for doing well.

The second is that it's not just about working hard and doing well. Ideally, you should be working hard and doing well at something you enjoy. For me, it was programming. For Maggarg, it was being a bassist. Finding something to do, academic or not, will make dealing with the rest of it much easier. At the very least, having a goal to work towards will help with the motivation, since it will give you a concrete answer to "why am I working so hard". If I knew more about your interests (and they were at least vaguely close to the ones I've encountered, which is off in science/engineering land), I'd be happy to suggest some places to explore.

Unfortunately, the world is (by and large) full of retards.
Fortunately, as you go higher up the educational system, and the jobs that that qualifies you for, you run into fewer and fewer of them.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51