Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51

Author Topic: ToonyMan is an IDIOT  (Read 40701 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: The adventures of Toon and Man.
« Reply #450 on: July 08, 2009, 02:48:00 pm »

I made an AE mission, it's sweet.  You have to go into a cave and kill a bunch of Rock2Face guys (which are level 50 bosses) then at the end the grand finale is when you have to defeat Rock4You, the ultimate rock dude and he's an elite boss.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 15, 2009, 08:54:45 pm »

I've been doing my first job ever since Friday.  It's ok.  I work from Monday-Friday for 4 hours each day.  I'm starting to develop calaces (hard stuff) on my hands.  It's cool.  You don't know how heavy 100 bananas are.  It's heavy.  4 hours isn't much, but it's ok.  It's not like I'm the only one working in my household.   ::)  (my parents are like both laid off, they don't even have to go to school too!)  Grrrrrr.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 04, 2009, 07:43:29 pm »

I'm starting to get the feeling that mafia games are stupid.  The more I play the more I realize I get lynched the more I talk.  That's like stupid.  What happened to any sense in these?  Nobody makes any, they keep talking like oh, "YOU DON'T POST ALOT, SCUM."  OR "YOU POST ALOT SCUUUUUUUUUUM."

Then there's the, "YOU JUMPY FOOL YOU SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM."  and everytime I'm town!  RARRRRRRRRRRRR.  What you eat for breakfast, nonsense cereal?  Nobody understand what it means to, "make sense."  everybody runs on crazy fuel there.  LOONY LOONY LOONY.

Anybody have an nonsensical mafia stories?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 04, 2009, 07:46:39 pm »

Hehe. You are really jumpy in mafia games Toony. It's less an issue of posting too much then it is posting too much fluff. You need to post reasons for what you do, and why you're suspicious of people. Everything else makes people wonder why you're throwing up smoke screens.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 04, 2009, 07:48:05 pm »

They all need to take some sense pills......and talk with the magic mushrooms.

EDIT:  That sing Pink Floyd.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 05, 2009, 09:53:20 am »

I'm starting to get the feeling that mafia games are stupid.  The more I play the more I realize I get lynched the more I talk.  That's like stupid.  What happened to any sense in these?  Nobody makes any, they keep talking like oh, "YOU DON'T POST ALOT, SCUM."  OR "YOU POST ALOT SCUUUUUUUUUUM."

Then there's the, "YOU JUMPY FOOL YOU SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM."  and everytime I'm town!  RARRRRRRRRRRRR.  What you eat for breakfast, nonsense cereal?  Nobody understand what it means to, "make sense."  everybody runs on crazy fuel there.  LOONY LOONY LOONY.

Anybody have an nonsensical mafia stories?
Maybe you should try posting things relevant to the game... And not things like, "I am the lizard king! Org is suspicious!"

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2009, 10:13:59 am »

In truth, your posting amount is actually on par for being townish.  What's getting everyone to notice you all the time is the way you act.  The hunt for mafia in a mafia game involves looking for people who act 'pro-town' vs 'anti-town'.

Townies don't know who is a friend or foe and know they must find out who is who before it's too late.  Mafia know who the enemies are and need to focus on delaying the hunt.  Townies are aggressive and are less worried about dying since 1. there's so many of them and 2. mafia plans to kill them anyway.  Mafia people play defensive since they are more worried about dying: there's not many of them around and everyone wants them dead.  Besides, nighttime is when the mafia get aggressive.

Townies love the truth, and know that enough truth will bring their victory.  Mafia hates the truth and wishes to distract and confuse.  Townies want the bad guys dead.  Mafia doesn't care who dies so long as THEY don't die.

No matter how sneaky, or smart, or skillful a player is, the mafia can't REALLY hunt or else they'll lose.  Thus the goal of the townies is to find out who's 'Playing town'. 

That's why I said "you bugged me".  I don't dislike you really.  However, you're not trying to find mafia much of the time, simply put.  Your first vote was against someone who literally voted for you just because you were one of the first people on the list.  You randomvoted for org after that, which is fine, but then you screamed that Edu and Web are scum.  Why is that a problem? 

You didn't say WHY!

You don't sound like you were random in picking them.  You DO think they are evil.  You HAVE a reason.  TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You don't need a massive analysis post or lots of quotes.  Just state what's in your head!  That all that's needed.

Beyond that, you spend the rest of the time defending yourself against accusations.  That's the hardest thing to handle as a town: how to prove yourself.  For that, I say less defense is more:

If it's a random vote (no actual accusation behind it: no statement why) then you can actually ignore it.  Random votes are just to get you to talk.  Just ignore it, go hunt the bad guys, and it'll go away. 

If the vote comes with a statement like "I think you're scum", then simply put: ask why?  Make them STATE why they think that way.  If they don't give a true reason, treat it like a random vote.  If they keep pushing, then that's suspicious..go look at THEM (past posts) and see if you're being targetted by the mafia.

If they have a reason, it's time to analyze.  Look back and see if what they say is true.  If they say you're random, go back and make sure you aren't random then prove it.  If they say you aren't hunting, go back and show how you've been hunting.  If you HAVE been looking odd, state your reasons, but don't aim to keep yourself alive: aim at giving the whole truth.  If you HAVE been acting suspicious then there's not much you can do but change and hope people notice before you get lynched. 

I'm an example: I was afk most of the day and it led to people thinking I was lurking.  I wasn't, but I know they can't tell and I DO look suspicious for it.  I stated that I was away but it wasn't enough to prove my case, so the best thing I can do is move forward and get active (when I can) and hope that's enough.  I could keep screaming "I WAS AFK!!" but that's making everyone focus on me when they SHOULD be focusing on others.  Your proof of innocence is in how you think others should be lynched, not in why you should NOT be lynched.

Simply put: You need to act like you're pro-town and make sure everyone is doing the same.  Once everyone is, the ones that 'flinch' will be scum (who can't REALLY act pro-town).

Too Long Didn't read version:

You're posting enough, but there's the pro-town/anti-town issue

Protown: Aggressive, honest, hurried, active in accusations, direct
Antitown: Defensive, random, confuses and distracts more than helps

You're being defensive and confusing and not explaining your accusations.  That's why people think you're anti-town. 

Scum wiki is a good place to learn how people analyze posts.  It'll not only help you in not being marked scum but also great for finding out who IS scummy.  A few recommendations:

Mastin's Insane Tells: Don't rely on the exact advice so much.  instead note how they describe how a town and mafia tend to act.

How to Focus on Scum: Again note the recommendations on how a townie should act when accusing others (after the beginning random votes). 

You can be silly when things havn't gone crazy, but once the randomness is done, it's time to get serious.  Don't panic when people accuse you and focus on your job: finding the enemy.  Do that, and you'll not only end the Toony-lynch-squads but you may catch the mafias that are trying to lynch you out. 

Oh, and DON'T vote/accuse those that are after you.  OMGUS voting does NOT help at all.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2009, 11:04:59 am »

Everything in that post was fine until I ran into your last sentence.

Oh, and DON'T vote/accuse those that are after you.  OMGUS voting does NOT help at all.

Why not?  If you have 2 or 3 people ganging up on you isn't that scummy?  Well, ha, unless they are town thinking they got mafia.  Yeah.

I play better when I post less.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 05, 2009, 11:32:42 am »

Depends on the reasons, but that's not the reason. 

Call it silly, but going after your accuser has been labled as OMGUS voting.  It carries the stygma that "no matter what I say, the only real reason why I'm voting for you is because you voted for me".  It suggests that you aren't really hunting, just reacting.  Also it's Defensive play and you want to avoid being as defensive as possible.

Note that 2-3 people voting against you can't be used alone to prove they are scum since NO ONE knows that you are innocent.  It can easily be townies thinking they have their mafia, especially if they have good reasons to do it. 

If you DO believe that the ones after you ARE scum (afterall, mafia like to be the 2nd-3rd person voting), you need evidence.  Everything you say against them will be weakened by OMGUS so you need something STRONG.  Your last post is fine since I didn't leave much else for you (and you at least explained why you think I'm innocent), but know that you'll need more once Eduren replies.  Watch his replies, forget that he's voting for you, COMPLETELY ignore it, and go off of his replies to the accusations.  Go back through his old stuff and see if they match up or don't with what he says.  Since you accused him, try to find things that haven't been said. 

If he convinces you then, even though he wants you dead, state you believe him but don't leave it at that.. find the next person you think is guilty. 

As for posting less.. that's alright so long as what you post is USEFUL.  The random game is over.  You SHOULD have someone you think is scum.  If you have proof, declare it.  If you need proof, poke at them..a FoS.. a question, a slide comment..anything.  If you have nothing, stay silent but HUNT.  If the person prooved themselves to you then go after someone else.  You should always have someone you want to lynch.  Thus, focus on lynching them. 

Btw, THAT'S why OMGUS and bandwagoning is hated.. it looks like you didn't have an opinion until someone forced you to have one or else someone gave it to you.  Prove to them otherwise.  Have your OWN opinion and make sure everyone knows about it.

I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 05, 2009, 11:38:41 am »

Quick Note: In general, you really shouldn't talk about Mafia games that are currently going on. I'm not upset in this case, since the whole point of the beginners mafia is for people to learn how to play. But, in the future, try not to use examples from currently running games when talking about mafia in general. Past games are fine, of course.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 05, 2009, 11:41:01 am »

Yeah, oops.  I just realized this is like having a PM chat with dakarian.  Which isn't allowed.  Examples from the past, got it.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 05, 2009, 11:46:24 am »

apologies.  I hope it helped yo out, toon.
I KNEW IT!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 05, 2009, 12:59:51 pm »

I'm still a little annoyed at people who accuse Toonyman for being crazy. He is goddam Toonyman. Of course he is acting crazy. It's like accusing Aqizzar for being badass. Of course other things I'm fine with, as those are the now spoken unspoken rules of Mafia, but craziness isn't something out of the ordinary for Toonyman.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 05, 2009, 01:06:18 pm »

Here's a logic picture I made...

I don't think I did it right, but I did.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 06, 2009, 02:29:10 am »

I'm still a little annoyed at people who accuse Toonyman for being crazy. He is goddam Toonyman. Of course he is acting crazy. It's like accusing Aqizzar for being badass. Of course other things I'm fine with, as those are the now spoken unspoken rules of Mafia, but craziness isn't something out of the ordinary for Toonyman.

Add to list: How you're chillaxin' like a hippy all the time, and how Strife turns everything into a super-analyzed militiary style breakdown.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51