Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51

Author Topic: ToonyMan is an IDIOT  (Read 40666 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why not?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 12:02:11 pm »

I didn't say you were rich; that was just me railing against the man.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 12:05:01 pm »

I didn't mean that either.  I don't like The Man either, because he's the government and the government is being really stupid as of late.  We have to blame this on ourselves though.  STOP GOING TO WAL-MART!   :)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 12:15:16 pm »

I can give you a ray of hope. Good grades like that and good test scores will get you into a good college. Once there, you'll discover two things: 1, there will be classes that are a challenge for you, and some where even getting a C will feel like a huge accomplishment. 2, the people there are not a bunch of lazy bums. Most, in fact, will feel the same as you.

90% of the world is populated by lazy, stupid, jerks. You can find a good chunk of the other 10% at the good colleges and universities around the world. Not that you don't find some lazy, stupid, or jerkish people there as well, of course. But the percentage is much lower.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 12:21:24 pm »

That's why I can't wait until I finish up High School.  Almost half way done.  Wait, so I'll actually get a C and it'll will be hard?  Sounds good.  Ehh, scholarships don't pay for everything though, right?  Like rent and stuff when I go there.

Another thing that bugs me.  I always feel ashamed whenever I get my grades back.  I'm always wondering when that wise crack next to me is going to LAUGH AT ME.  You know how stupid that is.  I get made fun of for getting good grades.  I never said anything to him, why does he have to say that.  I know people say not to worry, but that's what the problem is.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 12:28:12 pm »

That's why I can't wait until I finish up High School.  Almost half way done.  Wait, so I'll actually get a C and it'll will be hard?  Sounds good.  Ehh, scholarships don't pay for everything though, right?  Like rent and stuff when I go there.

Another thing that bugs me.  I always feel ashamed whenever I get my grades back.  I'm always wondering when that wise crack next to me is going to LAUGH AT ME.  You know how stupid that is.  I get made fun of for getting good grades.  I never said anything to him, why does he have to say that.  I know people say not to worry, but that's what the problem is.

Depends on your scholorships, really. Some people get good enough ones that they pay for EVERYTHING. Others, they just pay for classes and you have to work part time to afford a place to live and food. That also depends on where you go to school, how expensive the area is to live in, stuff like that.

They're jealous. Seriously. They feel worse about themselves because you're doing better, so they make fun of you to try to bring you down to their level. Typical high school nonsense, and much harder to ignore then a lot of people think. Best response I ever came up with for that kind of thing was "Hey, you do what makes you happy, I'll do what makes me happy".

Granted, I had a very different high school than yours. I grew up in a yuppie town in Connecticut. The type of place where the question wasn't "Are you going to college?", it was more "What Ivy league school are you going to when you graduate?". So there were a lot more kids who felt that getting A's was the only acceptable outcome from classes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 12:34:00 pm »

Connecticut....wait I live there!  I should be glad that we have better educations then other states.

Heh, I read someones bumper sticker when I was going to school and it read:

"If it's not fun, why do it?"

I almost threw up, my whole life was told it was wrong.  I was brought up to do my best and not to whine.  Or there will be BEATINGS! Not really, but you get the picture.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 12:38:07 pm »

Well...it depends on the town. A rich town can afford very good schools, a poor town cannot. I was in Madison, which was rich enough that we bussed in poor kids to give us some diversity. Good deal for the poor kids, actually, since they were the ones from the inner city who wanted to learn and make something of themselves. This actually gave them the chance. I actually went to school for a year in New Haven. Ugg. Horrible city, horrible school, horrible people. I had kids in my 4th grade class who were 3 years older then me and had just stayed back that many years because they wouldn't or couldn't do well enough to move on.

Interesting slogan. I'd say that, like everything, should be taken in moderation. Work hard to do what must be done well, after that, make sure you're enjoying life.
Come play Mafia with us!

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 02:43:19 pm »

I know how you feel. I get above average grades (A's and B's mostly, occasional C's in difficult subjects, like calculus or chemistry), and some people taunt me for it (im too laid back to care though). When i see some kids that are failing, but dont care about it, my brain forces me to at least encourage them, if not give them some advice/notes/help. This is harder to ignore than you think, as my school was built for about 1500-1700 kids. We currently have 3300 kids and counting. No offense to anyone, but since i live in Houston, we have a lot of spillover from the hurricanes. Most of these people are extremely stupid (no offense to Louisianians).

Heh, i have a fast metabolism too. I weigh 40 pounds more than ToonyMan though, cause im a bit taller and my bones are extremely thick/heavy (newer broken anything, dont take calcium supplements/drink milk, or any other bone strengthening things). Also, muscle weighs more than fat.

If you're afraid of people taunting you, take some martial arts classes! Not only will you get some exercise and build muscle, but you'll gain some self confidence and assurance from it!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »

I did take martial art classes for a year, but kids kept calling me gay so I *sigh* stopped.  I shouldn't of, but it's expensive anyway.  Got to my green belt.  Doesn't really help me though.  Makes me want to think I'm better than everyone else, oooOoOOoo don't want that.  Kids start going missing.   ::)

Flies love my hair today.  Gah.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 12:31:18 am »

I did take martial art classes for a year, but kids kept calling me gay so I *sigh* stopped.

The ability to kick someone's face and punch out their spleen within three seconds of eachother is homosexual? What planet are THEY from?

Damn man. You're lightweight! Scratch that. You're UNDERWEIGHT. You need to eat more or something. It's unhealthy.
Me? 5'2 and 95 pounds with the same problem as Toonyman. I eat tons of food, but don't gain anything.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 01:51:49 am »

Stop taking Karate. Start taking a MANS martial art! Krav Maga! Hell anyone can do it. All you do is learn some anatomy, learn how to kick ass and just never hold anything back. Voila. You're done. Keep the pressure up. Give no quarters.

Barbarossa, DAMN MAN. I'm jealous of you guys! My family has a history  of reverse black holes. Even during starvation we gain weight.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 01:59:12 am »

Stop taking Karate. Start taking a MANS martial art! Krav Maga! Hell anyone can do it. All you do is learn some anatomy, learn how to kick ass and just never hold anything back. Voila. You're done. Keep the pressure up. Give no quarters.

Barbarossa, DAMN MAN. I'm jealous of you guys! My family has a history  of reverse black holes. Even during starvation we gain weight.

Isn't Krav Maga one of the most deadly martial arts in the world?

and the correct term would be "white hole" everything that goes into a black hole comes out a white hole.

So ToonyMan's eating is making your family fat.

Supposedly.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 02:53:44 am »

Isn't Krav Maga one of the most deadly martial arts in the world?

Correction. It IS the deadliest martial art.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 06:27:09 am »

So I need to stop caring for people.

Maybe that sounds harsh, but yeah....you should. Our world today is quite nasty, basically most of the people don't give a damn about anything, so why should YOU care?  ;)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 07:38:05 am »

I actually weigh less than toonyman, but its probably because I am shorter than him by 2 inches. I blame my metabolism as well, it seems that I'm the only one in my family with that sort of problem, everyone else balloons out too fast.

As for feeling apreciated, I try to look into other ways to feel that. Help someone out, make friends and sooner or later people look up to you. If you take up as much random facts as possible, then you can shock and awe a few people. I would advise keeping out of fights, because at that weight you can get grapled about fairly easily.

You have reached the top of academics, but friends should help combat the bouts of depression. I'm guessing you don't have that many good friends.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51