Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to create a smelter reaction . . .  (Read 838 times)

foolcow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it possible to create a smelter reaction . . .
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:28:52 am »

. . . which produces a live jaguar?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to create a smelter reaction . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:33:40 am »

currently the only living animals that can be produced in smelter reactions and in itemcorpses are vermin. So yes, you could create a live jaguar, but it would act the same as a mouse until your housecat came and ate it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:12:52 am »

also there is a possibility the thing may come out on fire anyway as the smelter boils cave spider silk it produces

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 09:48:16 am »

also there is a possibility the thing may come out on fire anyway as the smelter boils cave spider silk it produces
This is an effect of the cave spider silk, not the smelter. Multiple tests, some done by me personally, have confirmed that it is possible to attempt to create large creatures, the creatures just all come out as vermin.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 10:07:50 am »

Using PET instead of VERMIN  in the reaction line will make it a tame vermin, so cats won't eat it.  The wiki has all the info you need on a few pages under modding->reactions.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember