Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dark Diamond interview  (Read 36645 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Diamond interview
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 12:27:17 pm »

I'm 20 minutes in and it's pretty awesome so far.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 03:20:06 pm »

Hooray!

Just the other day I was thinking that there hasn't been an interview in ages. I'm going to listen to it straight away.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 08:06:15 pm »

someone bored enough to write the whole script down? i am not very good at listening to english, just read and write.. with this "technical issues" it even gets harder :>
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 08:18:40 pm »

Is there any chance anybody would write this or the best part down? I'm currently on a painfully slow connection. :(
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 09:15:54 pm »

someone bored enough to write the whole script down? i am not very good at listening to english, just read and write.. with this "technical issues" it even gets harder :>
Is there any chance anybody would write this or the best part down? I'm currently on a painfully slow connection. :(
I second third the motion.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

dwarfed one

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 10:50:44 pm »

Please, please, make a transcript!

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 12:41:54 am »

He he, yeah, not since the Magic Pigs thing.  I don't remember if that part cut out at all or not.  I don't think I have the title screen image on this computer...
Ruh roh, didn't we pick a meat & beer-heavy restaurant for the DF meetup? You should have said :-P I'd be totally enthused about having the meetup at a vegan/vegetarian place

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 07:42:11 am »

Please, please, make a transcript!

Seconded. I'm like Tormy : I understand written texts... but oral english isn't so easy for me.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 09:24:20 am »

Just making a notice that I started to do the script, so no one has to do any unnecessary work. I don't know how long I feel like doing it, but I'll post what I have when I get bored.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 10:54:17 am »

Just making a notice that I started to do the script, so no one has to do any unnecessary work. I don't know how long I feel like doing it, but I'll post what I have when I get bored.

one legendary cat bone barrel full of masterpiece dwarven beer for you!
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 11:24:47 am »

Here we go, first 7 minutes or so. It's surprising how much can be said in that time.

Host
Toady
Both

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some oddities are caused just from the speakers generating sentences on the fly, but if you find some glaring stupidities that are my fault, point them out so I can fix them. Or if you know how to make some confusing sentence better, tell me. As I'm not a native English speaker either.

At least today I'm not making more of this, if someone wants to pick up from here, feel free. I'll tell when (if) I continue.

P.S. Don't worry, I didn't use all the time between my posts working on this.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:30:56 am by LASD »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2009, 02:14:00 pm »

PURE AWESOME UP THE NOSE.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 07:19:20 pm »

Great interview!  Really good to hear a bit about Toady's life and the background to DF   :)
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2009, 02:06:54 am »

I'll do the rest from where LASD left off, at least to the end of the posted interview. Transcripting away!

Okay, I got nearly halfway through, but now it's bedtime. I put the other guys in (parentheses). Gaps are marked by -...- but I filled in the gaps where possible, marked with [square brackets]. [laughs] generally means the other guys are laughing, though sometimes Tarn joins in as well. Oh, I also put the time in square brackets so it's a little easier to follow long. Someone can continue from here if they like, I won't have a chance to work on it for a couple days.

Edit: Added another chunk. I'll post the whole thing together when finished.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:13:20 am by Turgid Bolk »
"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009, 06:24:21 am »

Always nice to hear you ramble Tarn. :)

Your (and your brothers') taste in games coincides with mine almost completely, so I'm interested in  that game with the lifeforms removed from the console version? StarPlay? It sounds a bit like Starflight or StarControl2, but different. I'd like to check it out sometime.

Your current hometown sounds horribly unfriendly by the way. I always pictured Seattle as a sort of industrial San Francisco, a hybrid of Amsterdam and Rotterdam sorta, probably the scene as depicted in Frasier is not representable of the town at all. ;)

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4