Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dark Diamond interview  (Read 36643 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Diamond interview
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 04:52:57 am »

2025 ?

toady one, you left me in despair!
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 05:16:34 am »

Most of you will still be younger than me by then, so it's all okay.

I meant Algerian, not Albanian.  Confused by Kosovo news words.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 05:39:41 am »

You don't eat meat Toady?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 05:45:35 am »

He he, yeah, not since the Magic Pigs thing.  I don't remember if that part cut out at all or not.  I don't think I have the title screen image on this computer...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Appelgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 07:42:35 am »

It was a great interview, despite the technical problems. Especially loved the part about Gods breeding children with mortals and creating strange hybrids - and the ways you could implement that. And the sphere-aligned lands. I'm mad at those people threatening to kill you and shouting stuff in the street without being provoked in any way though... WTF is their problem?

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 08:01:05 am »

Haha, the brutal truth.

"So say this version comes out sometime this year.  I really don't know when it's going to come out, but say sometime this year.  That'll most likely happen, even if I have to delay stuff."

Interviewer: "So your main goal with DF is just to create a living 3D world."
Tarn: "That's right, without it being an MMO."

"We're basically trying to capture the worst fantasy plots."

I'mma gonna steal this to post on the RPG codex forums, kay?
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 08:03:07 am »

He he, yeah, not since the Magic Pigs thing.  I don't remember if that part cut out at all or not.  I don't think I have the title screen image on this computer...

Aw man, I always pictured you as the type of guy that, every morning, would go out and club a goat in the back of the head, then suck out it's brains.

Thanks for ruining my dreams Toady.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 09:10:42 am »

Ah damn..my bad english knowledge. I can understand written text perfectly, but when I have to listen to people as they are talking in english...I have problems with understanding everything.   :-\
Ah well, thankfully I understood like 80% of the sentences, and I loved this interview!  8)

Mercanthyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 09:33:19 am »

what do you mean threatening to kill toady? please elaborate for everyone who hasn't heard the podcast yet (I'm just about to put it on.)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 10:34:54 am »

Mercan, where toady lives people aren't friendly apparently some punk kids drove up to him while he was taking a walk and said they were gonna kill him.  He brushed it off as just being a couple punk kids trying to pretend they were awesome or something.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 11:04:16 am »

We should take to the streets as a legion of demons and depopulate the area so that Toady can work and walk in peace.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 11:08:59 am »

What we do is have a small legion of Marks-Fans (DF fans armed with crossbows) And have them guard him as he takes his walks. Maybe set up a couple Balista Emplacments outside his apartment.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 11:40:18 am »

I think the thing I find most awesome about the interview, and well, about toady really, is how him and his brother are close. That's just cool.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 11:48:19 am »

What we do is have a small legion of Marks-Fans (DF fans armed with crossbows) And have them guard him as he takes his walks. Maybe set up a couple Balista Emplacments outside his apartment.

There's no need to go that far. A few serrated disk traps on his driveway ought to do the trick.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 12:08:07 pm »

I'mma gonna steal this to post on the RPG codex forums, kay?

Go for it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4