Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding Enemies Post-Embark  (Read 1057 times)

Slitherrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adding Enemies Post-Embark
« on: April 16, 2009, 09:38:04 pm »

Is there something I can do that will add enemies after embark?  I started a succession game with a bunch of guys who have not played very much, so I figured starting on a place with no goblins would be a good idea.  It turns out that we would prefer the chance at death.  What can I do to appease the gods of fun?

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Enemies Post-Embark
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:06:47 am »

If i understandd correctly you can only edit the entries and expect an effect to crossover to embark, there is no 'adding' without generating a whole new world to play in

I think its something like each game counts how many entries there are in each raw file and then takes note of their matgloss token *the name that sits there proclaiming itself in caps*. If you edit everything other than that for each entry then you can change stuff post-embark, though of course that means you lose stuff too, I dont know much about editting civs so i cant help there, but i think its correct that you can modify civs like the elves etc. to fit your wants

Slitherrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:03:35 am »

So I could, for instance, give the elves a tag that would make them at war with my civilization, or I could change the tag that defines their civilization's race to make them goblins, things of that sort?

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:30:47 pm »

If you werent already at war with a civ, then your out of luck on using the raws.

You CAN, however, kill their diplomats to piss them off.  You can always edit one of the traders to give you one if your not getting one already, and then kill him/her.  This will REALLY piss off the home civ of the traders and they MAY attack you.  if they dont then they are close and should be pushed past the edge after a few trader-kills.
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 09:07:55 pm »

If you werent already at war with a civ, then your out of luck on using the raws.

You CAN, however, kill their diplomats to piss them off.  You can always edit one of the traders to give you one if your not getting one already, and then kill him/her.  This will REALLY piss off the home civ of the traders and they MAY attack you.  if they dont then they are close and should be pushed past the edge after a few trader-kills.

You can't edit a civ to have diplomats when they don't already have them. Pretty much any changes to the entity file do not take effect until a new world gen.

Kill the human guild representative and the elven diplomat.

Slitherrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 01:12:59 pm »

Could I change the elves into goblins, THEN kill their representatives?

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 08:49:47 am »

Could I change the elves into goblins, THEN kill their representatives?

not really. You can make them look like goblins, and have the same physical stats, but they will still have elven names and use elven weapons.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 03:01:13 am »

How can i kill a diplomat or trader?
They're friendly/merchant status and dwarves don't attack them.
Flooding the depot and drowning all the merchants doesn't help to anger other civs...
Finis sanctificat media.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 08:25:44 am »

Flooding the depot and drowning all the merchants doesn't help to anger other civs...

They just need to die on your soil. Release goblins at them. Orchestrate a cave-in. Drown them in water magma.

Killing merchants doesn't do anything at the moment.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 04:15:48 am »

They just need to die on your soil. Release goblins at them. Orchestrate a cave-in. Drown them in water magma.
Why not in water? I've built a wonderful waterlogging trade depot...

Killing merchants doesn't do anything at the moment.
Aha. This is the key. I've encoffined all the merchants but diplomats weren't at the depot in the moment of truth for all other comers.
Finis sanctificat media.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 05:48:30 am »

water works fine, but magma has style  8)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 06:07:24 am »

water works fine, but magma has style  8)
Aw. Dwarfish. Ok, i understand. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.