Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Nation Game  (Read 7766 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: The Nation Game
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2009, 11:55:37 am »

The Continent that EuroCorp dominates has been renamed Neo-Europe. The sea surrounding it has been named the sea of green. All who disagree shall be mad both very, very poor and very, very dead.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2009, 01:13:49 pm »

Right first job will be to expand to the province on my right.
3d6 → [6,4,3] = (13)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029222/

6: The Militia advance into enemy territory subduing the motley selection of men that 'Eastland' calls an army.
4: They secure the capital and raise the flag of Cantabria!
3: Unfortunately a few of the defeated enemies escaped into the woods, away from the great purge.

This land is Cantabrian, named Antion.

I also wish to research animal training...
3d6 → [6,1,2] = (9)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029245/

6: Various brave men managed to capture some of the more dangerous animals that skulk in the barren areas of Cantabria.
1: Several trainers were mauled by these animals however.
2: Finally though, the animals were tamed and trained to create the armoured bear corps.

The 1st bear corps is created!
...and Lasers.
3d6 → [3,6,5] = (14)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029269/

3: Although early prototypes were made, the scientists stumbled across a conundrum. The laser managed to heat the gas it travelled through, expanding it and defocusing the beam.
6: They did produce a large, non-portable AA version. This did not have to fire through the same piece of air each shot, keeping the Beam focused.
5: Attempts to solve the laser riddle came to a failure however.

Laser AA is established around all major cities.

MyMap update:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2009, 01:56:46 pm »

If it's not too late, I'd like to announce the rise of MY nation.

The EYE SPYE EMPIRE

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2009, 03:01:30 pm »

Rollercoaster attempts to create a Ferris Wheel!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029403/

...And the Head of the Senate was quoted as saying, "Why? Why did we try to have it all!" before jumping of the top of the thousand-foot rollercoaster. The failed Ferris Wheel left many workers unemployed, due to losses in revenue and the lack of a proper economy.

"It also could do with the fact that there's no food," as one Rolleren put it. "The Rollerites give us all our food."

It was at that point they attempted a coup on Rollercoaster Island.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029405/

It was a success, but a costly one. The power struggle killed many of the high-ranking Rollerites, causing an internal power struggle as well. It was calmed soon afterward, giving the Rollercoaster Island a Dictatorship.

The new Dictatorship of Rollercoaster Island reattempts its Rollercoaster Expansion plan.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029408/

Brilliant! It's a major success! The Communist government declared the southern lands a peninsula, ending all arguments. The new Rollercoaster, hundreds of miles long, lasts for 10 hours, going there and back, with the option of getting off at each side.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2009, 03:56:13 pm »

"Citizens of Tyrg! Let us conquer... that one place... off to the Southeast! We shall begin by deploying the bunker buster missiles, start an initial wave of Aerocopters, and finish them with an overwhelming force of Mechs! They shall be brought into our caring embrace that they may be civilized, and grow with our grand alliance!"

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029507/

5, 6, 6.

5: "They have no bunkers!" "What do we do then?" "We'll have to make bunkers for them, then blow them up, I guess." "Isn't that inefficient?" "Just do it."

6: The Aerocopters sweep over the bewildered countryside. At this point, as the target has no real military installations - or military - nobody is really sure what to do on either side.

6: The Mechs follow and, sure enough, establish control. Control over what?
Not much.
But we definitely have control over it.

Total: 17
... Screw this, there's nothing here!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:25:26 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CloisteredSyrups

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2009, 04:00:10 pm »

The Dominia Cartographica attempts to translate the names of the surrounding seas from Ancient Lothrian to Standardspeak!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2029510/
[6,6,1] = (13)

6: A resounding success! One of the scrolls in the Archive was particularly well preserved, and a Cartographer was easily able to translate the text.
The sea to the south, between Lothria and the Realm of Swords, was once called The Solar Tides.

6: Huzzah! One of the pieces of parchment was thought to be ruined, but a missing piece of it was found by an apprentice! The text was easily translated.
The great sea stretching north/northeast of Lothria was once called The Lunar Tides.

1: Curses! The same apprentice who had found the earlier missing piece fumbled with a perfectly good scroll the next day, dropping it into a vat of ACID!
He has lost ALL of his brownie points.

13 (overall): While great work has been accomplished, it was not so monumental as to spread to other nations, and the terms applied to those bodies of water are uttered only rarely outside the Dominion.

Still, the discovery lead to the Imperator himself christening the bay between Lothria and Zyrestra, Starblessed, the Bay of Glory!

The Imperator is now a Legendary Namer.

(ARTIFACT BAY. BEAT THAT. ... although the roll means noone else is obliged to care :<)
Wolves tore off my adventurer's limbs, and you are reminded of pokemon?

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2009, 04:05:22 pm »

Did I misinterpret the rules? I was under the impression that after rolling 3d6, you add the results and if it's odd it fails, even it succeeds. Or should I be describing results like (3,4,6) as one failure and two successes regarding an action?

Example: I eat a sandwhich. Should this work like...

A: (3,4,6) I bite my tongue (3). The swelling finally goes down (4). The sandwhich is great (6).

B: (3+4+6=13) I drop the sandwhich on the ground.

--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

CloisteredSyrups

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2009, 04:16:53 pm »

I have no idea.

The way I've been approaching it thus far:

First three numbers are objectives, or at least minor details, of the overall action. Example: You make a sandwich. 3, 4, 5 - 3: You're out of lunch meat. 4: You find some very good cheese and add it to the sammich. 5: You try to add mustard, but miss the sammich and make a mess on the counter.

With the final total being the Goal, or the end net result at least.
3 + 4 + 5 = 12! Despite your setbacks, you clean up the mess and eat a tasty cheese-and-mustard sammich. Mm!

In addition, for the first three numbers, the severity of whatever situation I come up with pertains to the number itself -

1 = Horrible failure
2 = Marginal, just-barely success
3 = It's bad, but I guess it could be worse, Johnny...
4 = Success! :D
5 = Just barely missed that shot! Dang!
6 = The laws of physics and the natural world bend just to see this task done.

But, all of this is just a roleplaying product of my inanity, and is not to be taken at face value in terms of how the game is meant to work.

Hurr. <_<
Wolves tore off my adventurer's limbs, and you are reminded of pokemon?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2009, 07:57:29 pm »

Did I misinterpret the rules? I was under the impression that after rolling 3d6, you add the results and if it's odd it fails, even it succeeds. Or should I be describing results like (3,4,6) as one failure and two successes regarding an action?

A: (3,4,6) I bite my tongue (3). The swelling finally goes down (4). The sandwhich is great (6).

It's supposed to be total odd is failure and total even is success, with any interpretation after that, but everyone seems to think that every and any even is a success, which it isn't...

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2009, 08:49:19 am »

It's supposed to be total odd is failure and total even is success, with any interpretation after that, but everyone seems to think that every and any even is a success, which it isn't...

See, that's what I thought. I just noticed a few folks treating odds as a success if there were a few evens in there.

In any case, third attempt at attacking Kyrbistan (province to the east).

3d6=6

The fighting is fierce as the "Kyrbies" prove to have an extreme enthusiasm for violence. However, their army is much smaller: they ultimately run out of able-bodied citizens for the war. Victory!

We will add their weapons technology to our own.

Creating swordchucks.

3d6=14

Eary setbacks are minor and easily overcome. A swordchuck division comprised of Kyrbistanian mercenaries and freshly trained Realm of Swords-men is created in the new province.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2009, 09:24:10 am »

The company attempts to introduce the utopia chip, which will make dissenting citizens passive and cooperative. b

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2030255/

6: It was surprisingly easy to develop into a practical form, the research that was used to make the cyborg soldiers helped a great deal with this

5: The chip was introduced in such a way that nobody noticed the switch from reality to fantasy. Excellent.

6: The only people who would oppose the usage of the utopia circuit have already been chipped. Truely, it's a godsend.

17: While it was fantastic at keeping the civilian population passive, it introduced a new problem: it made them too passive they're bloody useless at doing anything that requires even a modicum of violent activity. At least we have the cyborgs.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2009, 10:21:10 am »

The Barbarian Kingdom builds robotic dragons for war!

3d6=7

2: The dragons are built but...they don't seem like dragons at all. Instead, they look like...uhh...nevermind.

3: And we can't get them to do anything.

2: The public laughs at us. Damnit, burn a couple houses down or something!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2009, 06:22:16 pm »

The Commonwealth decides to build a great monument of premier Asheron. With lazer eyes.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2030807/

Not only do engineers find the perfect location and the perfect tools, but it all progresses a lot faster thanks to a good dosis of soviet discipline. The statue is complete, and even bigger than was planned at it's 750 m. It looks over the Strait of Marx with its gaize.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2009, 06:39:01 pm »

Wait, but...
- Expanding territory (into NEUTRAL lands) is as above, but may only be attempted once per day in light of the massive effort involved. Roll 3d6; one success is enough to capture a province.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2009, 07:24:44 pm »

Wait, but...
- Expanding territory (into NEUTRAL lands) is as above, but may only be attempted once per day in light of the massive effort involved. Roll 3d6; one success is enough to capture a province.
I think it's just written confusingly. It means that you only need to succeed in the roll once to capture it, instead of 2, 3 or more times.

So, it means that if it's even, it's captured.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6