Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Nation Game  (Read 7763 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: The Nation Game
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 12:10:41 am »

Misc: I attempt to create rockets filled with an infinite supply of monkeys inside.

3d6 → [1,5,1] = (7)

1: Gah, we have no bloody idea how to make rockets.

5: the monkeys escaped, causing mass destruction and a banana famine.

1: on top of that the research facilities blew up, causing a rain of monkeys and science that lasted for a week.

7: Man, that was stupid.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

The Moonlit Knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 02:36:08 am »

All this was a test. Put simply, "ami doin' it rite guise?"
ur doin it rite. You want to make your test actions legitimate, I assume? If so, the next map update will include your territorial claim.

The spread of propaganda and the constant partying of the Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army leads to the expansion of the Autonomous Zone. Whether the neutral territory to the east decides to declare itself an AZ is to be seen.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2028746/

6: CIRCA leaves a trail of hedonistic destruction and revolutionary pamphlets in its wake as it travels eastward in search of fellow fiery-spirited rebels (or, alternately, more liquor).

6: A steady flow of travelers from the Autonomous Zone enter the territory to the east, joining CIRCA's eternal party and convincing the locals to join in.

6: Province is won in a fit of laughter as council of local warlords is besieged by catapult-flung pastries. The Autonomous Zone spreads eastward, our quest for global liberation now just a bit closer to its end.

CARTOGRAPHER'S NOTES
Updates in the next Official Map (I'll get around to it, I tell ya):
* EXPANSION of the Lothrian Dominion, Autonomous Zone of Quixote, and...Kasemanioa? (Doesn't look like they rolled for taking the territory, but it doesn't matter all that much.)
* FIX border of Kasemanioa (Divide into two roughly equal provinces to revert accidental merging of provinces.)
A man once said to me, "If you want superpowers, all you have to do is take acid and you'll have any superpower you want." He then asked if I had just, at that moment, shaved half my face; I revealed that as being my superpower. Being suddenly and inexplicably half-shaven.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009, 04:35:06 am »

The Tyrgani Alliance is formed!

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 04:53:13 am »

What about my expansion? I took the territory to my west, if you'll look back.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

The Moonlit Knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009, 04:55:03 am »

What about my expansion? I took the territory to my west, if you'll look back.
Thanks for mentioning that, nearly forgot.

OFFICIAL MAP RELEASE/UPDATE

Changes
* EXPANDED the Autonomous Zone of Quixote, Lothrian Dominion, and Eurocorp.
* CREATED the Tyrgani Alliance, Kasemanioa, etc.

(First post's map will be updated soon, along with a bit of rules clarification. I'm probably going to update the player roster to include in-depth info on their nations.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:04:16 am by The Moonlit Knight »
A man once said to me, "If you want superpowers, all you have to do is take acid and you'll have any superpower you want." He then asked if I had just, at that moment, shaved half my face; I revealed that as being my superpower. Being suddenly and inexplicably half-shaven.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2009, 05:12:53 am »

Misc: We shall create a bunch of cybernetically enhanced super-agents!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2028797/

6: Yes, it all goes according to plan. Now we have an army of super-cyborg killers!

4: We were able to make enough of them to fit our needs, plus a few backups. Now, to test them!

4: The first test was on a bunch of rioters who were protesting our war policy. There was no survivors.

14: With this we shall be able to efficiently crush all resistance with but a wave of my hand. MUHAHAHHAHHH!

Also: I expand to the east.

The Moonlit Knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2009, 05:52:47 am »

MAP UPDATE
* EXPANDED Eurocorp.
* RENAMED a bit of water to the "Strait of Marx".

Ruthless bastard.

Oh, do keep in mind that claiming territory requires a roll, yeah? Might as well count your super-cyborgs as a roll for territory expansion in that case, but still.

---

A great number within the Autonomous Zone are keeping a watchful eye on EuroCorp, awaiting any further news of the spread of capitalist tyranny.

Seeing no other opportunities for alliance immediately available, spokespersons of the AZ have remained silent, awaiting a reply from the Commonwealth of Soviet Republics regarding an agreement of mutual aid.

Meanwhile, CIRCA and other groups continue spreading propaganda and thinking up new and exciting ways of breaking the law, even delving into breaking laws that haven't been invented yet.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 05:56:40 am »

I shall create giant blade-runner style blimps to fly about my cities!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2028824/

1: Damn, Hindenburg all over again

5: Well, the next test were very successful, good job.

5:Blimps fill the dark, perpetually rainy skies of my cities. Excellent.

11: Well, they don't actually do much, but at least they look cool!

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2009, 06:47:22 am »

1: The Realm of Swords once more attempts to attack its enemies, the nunchuk-wielding Kyrbistanians, to the east.

3d6=9

2: The Kyrbistanians prove too powerful. A general recommends we arm our troops with more than just swords.

3d6=11

He is executed for his lack of faith in the cause.

3: The RoS decides to bolster its navy. We build a series of ships that look like swords. They all come to sharp points.

((Oh COME ON!))

3d6=9

Every last prototype sinks, they stick point down in the sea, "hilts" in the air. The navy budget is in shambles but tourism spikes as people flock to see new the Bay of Blades to the southwest. The money evens out in the end.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2009, 06:49:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Barbarians join the fray!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2009, 07:10:03 am »

We shall make a robot that looks just like Harrison Ford!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2028857/

[5,3,1] = (9)

5: Yes, it's indistinguishable from the real thing! AMAZING!

3: It performs okay, not as good as the cyborgs, though. Now, to make more of them!

1: They were too powerful and too smart! They have escaped to the northern continent, leaving a path of destruction and badassness.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 08:05:17 am »

The Commonwealth of Soviet Republics agrees to the mutual aid program of the Autonomous Zone of Quixote! As a sign of friendship and trust, a batch of our best vodka has been sent as a present.

Premier Asheron looks across the Strait of Marx, and sees a population horribly repressed... by capitalism!
The Soviet premier calls the premier of yet-unnamed-land

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2028902/

6: "Ah, premier of yet-unnamed-land, I am giving you the opportunity to join our glorious class struggle!"
"What? Never!"
"In that case, we will nuke you in to submission."
"Eeeeer. Can I stay in power?"
"Of course."

6: The Soviet paratrooper division lands in the capital city. After a quick struggle, the local forces are destroyed and the paratroopers invade the palace.

"Eeer. Premier. Your men are here. Please. I don't want to DIE! PLEASE!"
"In my wisdom, you may live if I get the control of your land."
"Allright..."
"Hmm. But I get the control over your land whether or not you live."
"NO!, please, I'll do everythi-urrrghrgh"

6: The local population is at first, furious, but the strategically dropped batches of vodka and soviet propaganda turn the people to the side of the proletariat! The drunk wise people even agree to naming their land Ninel land!

Really, I think I should like... pick another site for these dice rolls. Is doesn't really seem to work for me, with the triple 6's and all that.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 08:36:05 am by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 09:05:50 am »

snip
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:02:58 pm by Caz »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2009, 09:11:43 am »

Rollercoaster Island names the sea around them: Sea of Themes

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2028949/

Collective Nations around the world set out against Rollercoaster Army for naming the sea, as they put it, "A very stupid name." Instead, the Tyrgani Alliance to the North names the Sea, the Sea of Tyrgani. Rollerens riot in protest.

To calm the public down, the Senate decides to construct a first ever sea-crossing Rollercoaster, expanding into a nearby uninhabited Southern land.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2028955/

The Rollercoaster makes it all the way into the construction phase, but arguments arise as to whether the Southern land is an Island or a Peninsula. A rebel faction, called the Rollerites, begins recruiting on the basis that the Senate is a failure.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2009, 09:27:21 am »

I'd like to join but here at work, I cannot be at the forums toolong at a time.
So save aspot for me tilI get home ok?  ;D

If this is not possible tough.. well, atleast I tried.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6