Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting with skills  (Read 774 times)

Anamabir

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
Starting with skills
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:28:16 am »

I'm sure this is a stupid question.
I've made a creature, and it works perfectly. However, I want it to start out as a legendary wrestler. How do I do that?

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starting with skills
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:47:05 am »

I've made a creature, and it works perfectly. However, I want it to start out as a legendary wrestler. How do I do that?

Normally you can't give specific skills to start out with.

However

There's a workaround. If you give your creature the [ENDING] tag, it *should* start as a legendary wrestler. It will also spawn from the HFS, which i'm afraid is an unavoidable side-effect.

Otherwise, you can give it [CAN_LEARN] and hope it gets some points in wrestler.

Anamabir

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:48:56 am »

Normally you can't give specific skills to start out with.

However

There's a workaround. If you give your creature the [ENDING] tag, it *should* start as a legendary wrestler. It will also spawn from the HFS, which i'm afraid is an unavoidable side-effect.

Otherwise, you can give it [CAN_LEARN] and hope it gets some points in wrestler.
Ah, [ENDING] seems to work. Thanks.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:25:56 pm »

I believe that the [DEFENDER] tag will also cause the same effect, it just means that they will spawn in waves from HFS instead of spawning alone.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.