Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Amazed!  (Read 5349 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazed!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 01:36:34 am »

Maybe a dwarf with lead Poisoning would stop and think
"Maybe its just the lead talking, But perhaps I should wait until the siege is over before i go pick up that =pig tail sock="

I'd execute a dwarf that thinks that out of pity. No dwarf should have to suffer that sort of insanity

salttotart

• Bay Watcher
  • Ackbar is always right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 01:37:30 am »

Maybe a dwarf with lead Poisoning would stop and think
"Maybe its just the lead talking, But perhaps I should wait until the siege is over before i go pick up that =pig tail sock="
So basically the opposite of mercury poisoning.  It's sad I can imagine that.  Every dorf running around drooling and babbling nonsense until they fall in a lake and the carp eat them.  Then we could have Carp Fortress.
If this all doesn't fix it, your dwarfs are lazy. Apply magma.
"And thereafter, all dwarven children were taught to mind their stools, lest the toilet-fiends snatch their souls from their bottoms"
Try rubbing a cat on it, that seems to help.

PheonixIV

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 01:47:28 am »

Nonsense like "You know, those =Rope Reed Pants= really aren't worth jumping in the magma pit to get.

Therosfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 02:24:48 am »

/Caring  It's undwarflike.

And I found myself a signature.

PheonixIV

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 02:48:08 am »

I appear to have just traded for a bull corpse in a cage.
Odd.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 04:10:35 am »

Must be the biome. Is it really cold or really hot?

Drag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 06:26:30 am »

Pfft, having embarked upon a nice sandy location with an underground river, magma pipe and butt tons of metal, only to realise that it has no trees and i brought a total of 7 pieces of wood (including the 3 you get from the wagon) and i needed to burn one of those pieces to get charcoal so i could toast my coal and make my picks (and also having wasted points on a proficient woodcutter on a map with no trees!) i could use some elves with wood.

The humans just turned up with 18 bins full of leather and about 50 units of hammerhead shark meat, and nothing else.

I bought all the leather, more bags, more sand, more glass! Glass fortress ho!

Still, more than 6 beds would be nice.

As the poster below you implied, make a towercap farm if you can, reveal underground river and dig out oodles of free space to flood, I don't think salt water hurts this undertaking. You can expect atleast 10 beds per year from it, worth it?

And I wish elves would always bring so much wood. For me they mostly bring tons of cloth and always 5 fisherberries. I buy the cloth to get the bins and keep my 1 clothier busy.

Also bull corpse lol, I'd feel ripped off. I just imagine the parrot sketch with a bull.

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 06:41:07 am »

Odd.

It's not dead. It's merely resting!
This is to make me recognizable.

salttotart

• Bay Watcher
  • Ackbar is always right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 12:51:23 pm »

"This bull is no more!  It has ceased to be!  It is extinct!"

All things would be more interesting if John Cleese narrated it.

/Caring  It's undwarflike.

And I found myself a signature.

Go for it.  I'm happy to have been of service.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:52:57 pm by salttotart »
If this all doesn't fix it, your dwarfs are lazy. Apply magma.
"And thereafter, all dwarven children were taught to mind their stools, lest the toilet-fiends snatch their souls from their bottoms"
Try rubbing a cat on it, that seems to help.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 01:13:46 pm »

Odd.

It's not dead. It's merely resting!
* death pokes it.
Yes... Resting...
* death picks up the bull corpes and takes it to a volcano. He tosses it down.
* death runs back.
It ran away.
* death crys.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 03:48:22 pm »

I just had some disgusting tree hugging hippies show up to trade with me...

Deciding that i could just insult them with a few dog skull totems I sent my trader to go look at what they'd brung...

they'd brung... About 9 pages of JUST wood...

Awesome. ;D
Really?  You know, if you don't use that right away, they'll war with you since they'll find it in your stockpiles and blame you for harming trees.  It's a TRAP!

PheonixIV

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 10:16:45 pm »

Must be the biome. Is it really cold or really hot?

Yeah.

The funny thing is though, i bought the cage thinking it was just a cage (it was listed as just a copper cage) only to discover it had a Bull Corpse in it.

Now i can't get the corpse out, no matter what i do :(

Pfft, having embarked upon a nice sandy location with an underground river, magma pipe and butt tons of metal, only to realise that it has no trees and i brought a total of 7 pieces of wood (including the 3 you get from the wagon) and i needed to burn one of those pieces to get charcoal so i could toast my coal and make my picks (and also having wasted points on a proficient woodcutter on a map with no trees!) i could use some elves with wood.

The humans just turned up with 18 bins full of leather and about 50 units of hammerhead shark meat, and nothing else.

I bought all the leather, more bags, more sand, more glass! Glass fortress ho!

Still, more than 6 beds would be nice.

As the poster below you implied, make a towercap farm if you can, reveal underground river and dig out oodles of free space to flood, I don't think salt water hurts this undertaking. You can expect atleast 10 beds per year from it, worth it?

And I wish elves would always bring so much wood. For me they mostly bring tons of cloth and always 5 fisherberries. I buy the cloth to get the bins and keep my 1 clothier busy.

Also bull corpse lol, I'd feel ripped off. I just imagine the parrot sketch with a bull.

Yeah, gonna hafta get my tower cap farm going, which is tricky, because the river is full of snakemen.

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 02:11:04 am »

Build the cage, set (or have) a garbage dump, and use the d > b > d designation to dump the cage and contents.  A dwarf should come along and haul the carcass, which you can then reclaim.  This is the same method that can and/or should be used to deal with caged goblins.
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 05:40:04 am »

Nah, you don't even have to build the cage. Just dump the corpse. And make sure, that your magma-dump is inactive.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0
Pages: 1 [2]