Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Asylum RTD - Inactive  (Read 12911 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Asylum RTD - Turn 5
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2009, 12:37:54 pm »

I don't know guys, you're acting a little too sane to be locked in an asylum. =O
That's the basis of my character background.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2009, 04:19:16 pm »

Errol - Specify what you'd like to build the trap with.

Zako - I have an idea.

Zasit - Remember that you're knocked out (and not likely to be waking anytime soon) so you can't move yourself without waking up. And as soon as you woke up you'd be in such pain that you really wouldn't be able to move much. Inaluct fucked you up pretty badly.

I'm going to post some choices for the waiting list players so they can join in.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2009, 04:34:36 pm »

I'll let up to 4 more people join (10 is the max). You can be one of these -

A patient. You are trying to escape, just like the others. You start out in your cell on floor 2, one floor below the others, so you get a small advantage since you joined late. The cell is locked, however, just like the ones on floor 3 were. You start out with the clothes you're wearing and nothing more.

Patient starting room -
You are in your small room here in the Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital. The walls are painted a dull white color, and the floors are smooth tile. The bright ceiling light is above your head. The door leading out into the hall is locked, you have a small, thick, reinforced window to peer out of in the center of the door. There are no other windows. In your room is your bed, a comfortable chair, a table, and a simple device that can be used to call for a nurse. There is a small digital clock on one wall, placed high above your reach. It reads (insert whatever time it is). All the sharp edges on the furniture have been padded for safety. You are wearing a comfortable, simple outfit. No pockets. There is not a keyhole on the door, they are locked/unlocked with a keycard. You hear disturbance outside your cell.

or

A police officer. You are one of the two dozen cops currently at the Mayfield Asylum. You have been called here due to reports of escaped patients. The patients have apparently injured/killed a nurse or two, and your job is to detain the patients. You are to avoid using lethal force unless you feel you must. You start out with these items:
- police uniform
- belt
- a Glock 17 handgun (semi-automatic, holds 17 rounds in a clip, it is loaded and you have two extra clips)
- a flashlight
- a billy club
- a police walkie talkie (can communicate with other officers and the police station)
- sunglasses

Police officers start out on floor 1 of the building. I will make maps for floors 1 and 2 (might not finish them today).

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
Re: Asylum RTD - Turn 5 - OPEN PLAYER SLOTS
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2009, 06:04:25 pm »

I'll be an officer.  8)

Do I need to post a description, or are they just nameless faceless agents of the man?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2009, 07:02:07 pm »

Kishmond - Cool, I'll put you on the list. Feel free to put a description if you like, it's not required, but it might help to know what physical shape the character is in, at very least. Oh, and I need a name of some kind.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2009, 07:05:34 pm »

Zak the police officer. He is in decent shape for an officer and has an air of quiet determination. About 6 foot tall, short dark brown hair and pale skin.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2009, 07:11:55 pm »

Alright, got you down. Zako and Kishmond, go ahead and post your actions for next turn. Remember, you're trying to detain the escapees. You know they are locked on the third floor, and there are six of them. They are to be considered dangerous.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2009, 07:33:36 pm »

take broom, break broom to make pointy. Practice pointy end on own leg. also take 1 extension cable

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2009, 07:57:33 pm »

Just named Kishmond, standard well-trained police guy physique.

In addition to the emergency stairwell, are there two other stairwells, or just one with two ways in?
And can I get a taser?

My action: I call for backup and position myself at the bottom of the emergency stairwell. Make sure my gun is loaded and my billy club is... billied. Shine flashlight up the stairs if there are no lights.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2009, 08:42:18 pm »

I'll be a patient, I would've loved to be an officer, but meh.

Little has the distinction of being one of the few female patients at the fine institution. Although somewhat weak, she looks almost normal, which can allow her to avoid detection. She is cunning, quick, and brutal. Sent to the institution after pleading insanity for shooting four people inside a StarBucks, she now plots for escape...

Action: Leave my cell and try to find a weapon.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2009, 09:17:23 pm »

Do we get other NPC cops?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2009, 09:22:45 am »

I ask the nearby staff if they could get a map of the floors in case we need to go upstairs. I also ask how many orderlies are available and how many trapped upstairs.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2009, 09:36:17 am »

Helmaroc - I'll go MacGyver on this one. Really, improvise using the surroundings, with as much punch as possible. I think it should involve a garbage bin.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2009, 09:52:04 am »

So if I'm right there is still a patient spot?

If so;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If not, shame. Shame.
Long Live United Forenia!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2009, 07:08:16 pm »

Kishmond - There are stairwells on the inside of the building on either side. The emergency stairwell is outside. It is morning, so there is plenty of light and the building itself is well lit. Yes, there are other NPC cops.

Little - You're in.

NUKE9.13 - Sorry, but all spots are claimed. Caz, who is the only person currently on the waiting list, has a reserved spot. He has not posted in this thread since he asked to be on the list, so I'll give him another day. If he has not shown up by tomorrow, you get the spot.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:12:08 pm by Helmaroc »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10