Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Technology Ideas.  (Read 2764 times)

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Technology Ideas.
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:10:24 pm »

For new weapons/ideas for fortresses traps.

E.G

Flaming Wood-a-pault: Magma delivered over bridge over wood stockpile over 'nother bridge. When lever is pulled, higher bridge falls, allowing magma on wood, water pushes a pressure pad that allows for a delayed bridge catapault.

Kitten Trap: Place cat stockpile over bridge. Lift bridge to drop kittens to room below, then open floodgate. :D

Bunker: Lock Dwarf in room. Put prepared food and drink stockpile on 1*2 bridge above. Lift bridge to drop food down a z-level into bunker.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
Re: Technology Ideas.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:13:02 pm »

How about a boilling cauldren of magma to dump on attacking fleeing elves.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:48:26 am »

How about a big smelly butt
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:37:27 am »

You mean a large alcohol stockpile with rotting stuff producing miasma in it? Interesting, but it doesn't sound very useful.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:06:29 am »

You mean a large alcohol stockpile with rotting stuff producing miasma in it? Interesting, but it doesn't sound very useful.
I was thinking more 'psychological warfare'.
If anything else, how hard would the goblins laugh when your fortress entrance is a huge ass?

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:46:26 am »

If anything else, how hard would the goblins laugh when your fortress entrance is a huge ass?

Something like this?
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:02:01 am »

Something like this?

So you take a ass, train it with wounded gobos, later unwounded ones and small wild animals until it becomes legendary and named and then use it as defense?

Genius.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 05:27:55 am »

Something like this?

So you take a ass, train it with wounded gobos, later unwounded ones and small wild animals until it becomes legendary and named and then use it as defense?

Genius.

Don't forget to make it some masterwork (or even artifact) addamantine armor!

Lol, I'm so going to make ass armor :P
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Kohou

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the Armok do you think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 07:11:59 am »

Something like this?

Genius.

Don't forget to make it some masterwork (or even artifact) addamantine armor!

Lol, I'm so going to make ass armor :P

It's always a good idea to cover your ass.

OT: I saw someone who was trying to design a "Jaguar Pounce" trap.  Maybe that would work for you?  It involves jaguars and a bridge...  I think?
"Don't worry Urist, the spider can't hurt us! He's trapped in an invisible box!"

"Don't dig for you!  Dig for me who digs for you!  Yours is the pick that will strike the earth!"

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 08:40:56 am »

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 08:52:05 am »

That is one awesome ass.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 12:16:42 pm »

the funniest trap would be to put a bridge over a passage and place many many elves on it and pull the lever, look at all the elves fly and to rain upon the enemies. i dont know how this would help defend youre fort but it sounds like a fun way to kill off those last elves.

*Bonus* drop it around 20z levels above the enemies.

Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!