Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Force Polearm: Strife's War Game.  (Read 7066 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Force Polearm: Strife's War Game.
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 11:18:07 am »

(Purely Rhetorical in nature. I'm not going to try to write a decent combat system. You're allowed to do pretty much whatever you want, just remember that, hypotheticly, you don't know about the Americans. And I won't use ICBMs.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 01:40:14 pm »

Life settled into some sort of a routine for the men of Force Polearm. There was only enough room in the barracks for the infantry, so the armored men made due with sleeping in their vehicles. Standing orders kept two men in every station on duty at all times. The infantry sat in their holes and looked around, the tankers talked and preformed maintenance on their vehicles. Strife updated the platoon leaders personally several times a day.
   Sombre was getting pretty impatient. How could the Old Man just have them sit there? The platoon leader had repeated the same briefing. “We sit tight until command or the Old Man orders us out. Not before. We’re keeping the normal watch schedule. I’m sorry, I know that the waiting is the worst part.”
   The tankers had done their best to make their situation comfortable. Most of the tanks had open tents attached. Sombre had procured a table for the Fluffy Bunny as well. His tank had somehow became the center of the base, with an almost continuous stream of guys hanging out there. Most of the troops indulged in an occasional game of Poker, but Sombre was one of the ones far out in front. At the current moment, he was playing against his own loader (Hellhound and Sandborn were on duty); Freddie’s gunner, Panda; and Ramsay, the driver of the M728. Ramsay had become the camp bookie, keeping track of everyone’s money. Sombre wondered if Ramsay could procure a drink for him . . .

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 01:53:26 pm »

Strife’s position was both good and bad. The cliffs that he was nestled against kept hostile threat to one axis, but he wouldn’t put it past some infantry to be able climb up and down those rocks. If hostiles made it up there, they’d have height in addition to surprise. That’s why his snipers were perched up there.
   But, after the snipers, he didn’t have much else. He had Abrams 4 positioned to open up on the cliffs as much as possible, as were 1 and 2; would they be able to do much damage with direct fire weapons? He had his gunboat standing by (more for the protection of his supply ships than fire support), but wouldn’t trust it to such close support. He needed artillery, really. Strife made a mental note to request a mortar be shipped in.
   Strife was getting pretty impatient with his position, a bad thing for a commander. It might be a good idea to do some probing, but he didn’t have much to spare for recon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 02:25:45 pm »

Right, I think I will claim the camp cleric if that is alright with you Aqizzar? Now I just need to do a little research into C&C

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 02:43:26 pm »

(You've already nearly died strangely.)

Aqizzar wondered about the supply caches. He needed more stuff to work with. He shouted at Murfree to get the inventory list. He didn’t have much on hand. Enough Assault Rifles for everyone (30 AKM’s, 25 AK-47’s, 10 AK-74’2). Ammunition was plentiful for both types (The 74 chambers a different bullet than the M or 47). He also had half a dozen RPG 7D’s (the paratroop version, able to be broken apart). There wasn’t much for rockets, nor did anyone really know how to use them.

Recon Team
      Kashyyk led his men through the woods. They knew that there was a supply stash somewhere around here. There were enough rock outcroppings that might contain caves to make it difficult, but not impossible to guess the location. After sometime of angry (how loud could those idiots be?) looking, they found a cave. He ordered two of his men inside. One of them tripped a claymore. Ball bearings ripped from the cave. Mitzel was killed outright, while Ashyk, meanwhile, got lucky. Most of his left leg was blown apart. Grayling had dove out of the way, along with a couple of his men (he made a note to promote them). The others escaped without harm, thank Allah. Kashyyk radioed in to base.

Aqizzar angrily shoved Murfree away from the radio and heard his second say “We’ve found one of the caches, but one of our traps were tripped. I’ve got one killed and another seriously wounded. I’m going to get this idiot back to base as quickly as possible. We’ll see if we can save his worthless hide. I’ll leave two of my men to sweep the area."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 03:39:46 pm »

Kashyyk turned back to the poor sod who had displeased Allah enough to recieve this retribution.
"My son, do you serve the one true God?" he asked knealing by him.
"I follow Allah, The Mighty, in all his teachings, Caliph."
"All his teachings, Ashyk?"
"I have never knowingly broken a law of the Qu'ran, Caliph."
"So you say you might have done?"
"N-no! Well, I might have done. Once. But apart from that I have never faltered. I think it a small fault, Caliph."
"Religion is a fortress, Ashyk," Kashyyk stood, "No fault may be considered small."
"No-one is perfect, Caliph." the wounded man said, desperately.
"That is true, but for our failures we must seek penitance. Let us hope that Allah feels that this," Kashyyk gestured at the mangled remains of Ashyk's leg, "Is worthy penitance."

The idiot has no chance of being on the front line again. He will probably get some stuffy desk job like the last one.

((I hope that sounds Clericy enough?))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 07:10:42 pm »

"Hendrikson! You bastard, you cheated." Gaweir was only slightly displeased, but he thought an argument might speed along time and the boredom he had been struck by. "I did not! Look, I won fair and square, you just arn't any good at Poker." Gaweir KNEW he wasn't any good at Poker.

"I'll have you know I'm a good player, and a good player can spot a dirty cheater." Hendrikson snorted. "You couldn't spot a gernade if it got stuck up your a-" Hendrikson was cut off by the snickering of the two other grunts in the hole. Gaweir had already climbed out to take a piss.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2009, 07:34:24 pm »

(Quoteing the Crucible, Kashyyk? Clericy enough, though.)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2009, 08:57:43 pm »

(Now going to bed. Feel free to get the question cannons going while I'm asleep).

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2009, 04:05:42 am »

((Just bumping to say I've got some stuff in mind.  Try not to write me into too much before I wake up myself sometime way latter today.))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2009, 11:32:42 am »

(Strife, how did you know?  :o)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2009, 10:33:26 pm »

(Accelerated English Three. I remember the good quotes, even if I hate the books. In a related note, I'm making my way through the entire Grapes of Wrath tonight (eight hours till wake up time), but in a lucky twist of fate, the US history test is also on the Great Depression. No dice for the spanish test though, basicly, no updates for tonight, unless I get a wild hare. Questions are great though.)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 09:20:24 pm »

(You around Aq? I've gone through great pains to get on this websight throughout the day, and no requests. I'll assume that you want your injured chapie brought back to base and be looked at by the medic.)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2009, 09:40:16 pm »

"We are running out of caves, honorable one.  Already Khattab's traps have claimed two men-"

"One man," Nogoya barked.  "So long as we draw breath, we kneel before the Almighty.  Ashyk yet lives, he merely has some other purpose yet revealed."

"And Mitzel's ignominious death?  We have only so many initiates."

Nogoya covered himself with some obscure gesture.  "It is never ignominious to die in the service of the Lord's Will."

Lieutenant Salih sighed his frustration.  "Indeed.  The fact remains, we now have two fewer combat capable recruits, and we have nearly exhausted our list of likely caches to search.  All with little materiel to show for it."

"You have searched but a handful of sites, those that Khattab could remember.  Whatever his other gifts, acuity is... not among them.  Regardless, the former problem will solve itself with time and observance, as all matters of faith do."  A slight grin crossed Nogoya's scarred jaw.  "The latter will be solved shortly.  May we always remember patience."

Salih relented.  "So long as you are confident, Commander.  What else do you wish done?"

"Take a contingent of men, two trainees, two tested, into Bachcha.  Endeavor not to attract attention, and acertain their attitudes as subtly as you can.  Doubtless they will shortly realize who you are, but no information is ever worthless.  We must be vigilant."

"Understood Commander.  New intelligence will be forthcoming."  And with the slightest huff, Salih departed.  The Commander knew his officers did not favor quiet paths to power.  It was their duty as trainers of course, to instill fervor into their charges.  But Nogoya's purpose was to remind them, many roads lead to glory in time.

Shortly, Lieutenant Kashyyk entered the office with a visitor, a small leathery man who Nogoya could see had been threatened with a gun before.  Kashyyk was clearly dubious of the Commander's choice of requested guests.  "You wanted to see this peasant, sir?"

After collecting himself, the visitor tried to be courteous, "M-m-may you always be well, oh warrior."

Nogoya gave the village elder his broadest welcome, "And may you never be tired, my wizened friend.  You honor me with your presence.  I have but a few questions for you, if you would be so kind."  Sensing ready compliance, he produced a marker and a topographical map of the area Kashyyk had not seen, and continued.  "If you would please, where is the woodland the thickest?"  The elder was taken aback by the pleasantries, but drew some figures on the map as asked.  "Excellent, now where are the ravines most steep and treacherous?"  More marks were made.  "Wonderful.  And if it would not displease the men who work them, where does the soil of your farms flow easiest?"  The elder had to think for a moment, but he indicated this as well.  "I am most thankful my friend.  Unless you have some request of me, our business is concluded."  The clause was not meant to be taken, and Nogoya further dismissed the man.  Kashyyk handled him back outside to the guards.

Kashyyk studied his Commander's new map.  "And the point of that was?"  Nogoya handed it to him.

"Commander Khattab was more driven than clever.  When departing, he would have hidden his equipment in the most concealed places readily available."  Kashyyk realized he meant likely the same places the elder had just described.  "Search where the trees and cliffs provide the most cover, and the sands are earth is easiest to move.  Do not hesitate to activate any possible traps from a distance, your lives are the most valuable weapon we have.  May Allah watch over your search.  And may he take mercy on the man who finds the Ricin..."

((That was long.  Notes: Ricin, for those too lazy to Wiki it, is a stable and nasty dehydrant chemical weapon made from the castor beans grown across the Middle East.

Kashyyk, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the religious second in command position, but for reference, a "Caliph" is the ruler of the entire Muslim world.  "Mullah" would be appropriate to your station.))
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:31:28 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2009, 12:09:38 am »

(I assume that the you have no problem with the weapon cache's being in the marked areas on the map Aqizzar, with an additional one in Rublis?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6