Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Force Polearm: Strife's War Game.  (Read 7086 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Force Polearm: Strife's War Game.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 06:56:22 pm »

(Welcome to the game all. You are of course allowed to be the evil GLA overlord Aqizzar. I'll get telling you about you force outlook. Just remember that insurgency strategies lose something when you have the tanks here. I may or may not care about keeping the area safe in the future.

Prospective Tankers: You're both accepted, what would you like for posistions? The tanks will be called 1, 2, 3, 4. 1 is the platoon commander's tank, 4 is the Executive Officers (2nd in command). You could have either of the officers, or any Loader, Gunner, Driver or Commander in the tanks.)

(Gaweir will be in Squad A, Fire team 1, if that's okay)

(Would you like to be infantry, or something else Org)

(I've had to change this twice now)
Infantry leader I guess

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 07:12:18 pm »

((Don't worry Strife, I'd expect you to be well informed about my capabilities.  You do have satellite and air support after all, right?  If I have any suggestions, I'll PM them to you.

Thaisnia?  Really?  Well, okay.  I'll read up on the Thai situation.  Ironically, making them Islamist is a liberty all right, since the Islamic population in the Balkans was about the only group that wasn't causing trouble, hiding up in Montenegro as they were.

For that matter, why would an American armor detachment be deployed to a disintegrating country just to establish a beachhead and sit there?  No line of supply, no significant air cover, no target or order to move, just dig foxholes and wait for something to happen.  Although I'm sure you have a larger plan in mind and will fill us in as it becomes important.

You know, the whole initial setup reminds me of the opening GDI mission, right down to the environment.  Love it.))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:14:13 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 07:31:29 pm »

(To some extent it was becuase I was poking fun at the whole build a base and gather resources thing. I hope that there's nearby oil dericks!)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 08:06:47 pm »

Situation for Aqizzar:
   You’re the highest ranking member of GLA in the area. Does Thailand work? You’re mission is twofold, first of all you are a center for the training and indoctrination of prospective fighters. We’re going to assume that one of the major factions vying for control of Thailand is of similar religious persuasion (radical Islam, doesn’t matter if we’re politically incorrect does it?) to you. You’re secondary mission is to stockpile and keep safe supplies of medium and light military equipment for the coming Thai revolution.
   You have 30 assorted fighters, 20 untrained recruits and five skilled types. You’re main camp is aprox. Two miles away from a small village (named Rublis). Rublis is mostly loyal to you. You’re nestled in dense jungle (which starts to thin as you go south). There is a second town called Bachcha that is a more southward. Bachcha is semi-loyal to you. You expect trouble from them, but nothing else. You currently have most of the heavy equipment mothballed and hidden around the dense jungle. 

(If anyone would like name for the character, post them now. Otherwise, you'll get <Username> <First namish looking thing that Wikipedia pulls up>

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 08:12:37 pm »

((Time to spin up the question cannon.

Is the equipment soviet in origin?  Cold War era probably?  Gonna need a lot more specific information on what I have available and what needs to be protected, at least as much info as the landing force has, i.e. some rough order of battle like they got.

Is my manpower then 55ish total?  Skilled people how?  I hope I have a doctor or two in this training camp.

I thought it was called Thaisnia?  In the Balkans?  Or are we just going for full on Thailand now?  Also, a map would be cool, but I can put one together if I need to.))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 08:18:07 pm »

The equipment is a mishmash of stuff. You don't actually know what most of it is. Your former superior just stashed the truck loads of stuff that he got. You've got a goodly supply of small arms at your camp though. Your five skilled men are ones with profesional training and veterncy. One of them has some medical training, you've been getting most medical support from Rublis.
You have no order of battle, you don't even know that you've got organized hostiles in the area.

I'll get started on figuring out exactly what you have for hidden supplies.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 08:41:04 pm »

Force Polearm:

Command Staff (HQ)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Armor Platoon (Base.)
Infantry Platoon:
Calvary Group:
Engineering section:

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 08:56:23 pm »

Insha Camp (Aqizzar’s base) -

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 10:59:38 pm »

I have the driver pull up to orgs trench, pop the hatch and ask him where he hid the booze.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 11:11:33 pm »

Regional Area:

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 12:13:12 am »

Sombre, needing a drink decided to seek one out. Org should have something good. Hopefully. His tank was placed in the middle of the base. The gun was facing outward, prepared to support the fox holes. Tank Four was off to the west a bit, ready to blast the cliffs. One and Two were sitting in the back of the base (guarding the secondary HQ?) He considered ordering his tank to drive over there, his crew wouldn’t mind, loyal chaps that they were. It wasn’t far though, and someone might take offense to running his tank for no official reason. He decided to hoof it. He grabbed his M-4, and told his gunner to stay alert.
   Fox hole 4 was a crowded place. It would be the second line of defense (after holes 1-3, poor grunts). The communications would be coordinated here. The M728 was busily digging an additional hole for the Bradley. A pair of Lieutenants were standing a bit back and watching the digging. Sombre made his way to hole 4.
   It was pretty crowded. One tanker (from the Bradley) and one engineer were chatting with the four infantry types assigned there. Org was just standing by. A quick whisper from Sombre got his old comrade out for a chat. “Org, buddy old pal, do you know where I could find a drink?”
   “Not the best idea David. One: It could get you and your men killed if you’re liquored up. Two: Strife’d probably shoot you if the hostiles didn’t. He’s a bit of a hard-ass about that. In any case, I have no booze to give out."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 12:22:50 am »

Polearm base:

I've also started to use a modified military symbology set. Here's the key:

Basicly, a solid box means that it's a building related to the unit Infanty = Housing/ Barracks.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 01:07:33 am »

I'd like to be the gunner of Abrams 3, nicknamed 'Hellhound'. He's a pyromaniac, but.. ehheh,  that's a good thing, right?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 01:13:53 am »

Would you like yourself or the tank to be named Hellhound?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 01:16:20 am »

Myself. The tank is Sombre's, and I don't know if he'd like a name.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:48:02 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6