Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How the new underground features and reveal changes will affect strange moods  (Read 2983 times)

Loki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could someone point me to whatever topic discusses these "new underground features"?

Because I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game you can play without even unpausing.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well... In forests, we can have

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OotS references! My only weakness!

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooh. On the one hand, fantastic - it really does look like there'll be a "landscape" underground now. On the other hand, it looks like this will push even further off the day when we have to worry about cave ins from digging out too much space between supports. But since I guess that wasn't expected any time soon anyway that's not a big deal.

Toady mentions that the "openness" will be configurable. I'm looking forward to a region with innumerable small and twisty passages, some of which aren't connected up right away. This is a bit too spongey for my tastes. Though on the other hand, it'd be fun to build an intricate network of bridges spanning the vast dark chasms, with walkways and stairs clinging to the walls... Variety! Yay! :)

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I forsee disaster with Volcanoes. Fun!

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe someday we shall have a proper Underdark area.

trav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new caves are exciting, can't wait to build a fort in them.

If they replace the current sprawling burrows for adventure mode quest locations then that'd be great

ElChad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone else thinking of building into the sides of the cavern and making a giant forge in the middle like Ironforge?

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers

Anyone else thinking of building into the sides of the cavern and making a giant forge in the middle like Ironforge?
I've actually been working on an ironforge design for a while.
Pages: 1 [2]